Does anyone know where these Hammerhead players are now?

Remove this Banner Ad

newton

All Australian
Suspended
Jun 30, 2005
Epping
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
exeter
A colleague of mine put me on to big footy as a reliable source of information on footy related issues so i thought i would give it a go.

I'm doing some research into the whereabouts of the 21 boys who played in the Hammerheads premiership team. I have been in contact with Channel 7 and they were able to give me a list of the players who played that day.

Any information would be appreciated. e.g Are they playing anywhere? What work they are doing etc etc.

Richard O'Meara (Richo) - Captian
Heath Buck (Bucky) - Vice Captain
Barry Noble (Bazza) - Deputy Vice Captain
Wade Barber (Barbs)
Barclay Dixon (Dicko)
Paul Dyer (Chicken)
Andrew Jacobs (Jayco)
Adam Marshall (Marshy)
Justin McCallion (Macca)
Lukas Muir
Ben Swan (Swanee)
Patrick Angelino (Paddy)
Matthew Chaplin (Chappy)
Liam Farow (Faz)
Erin Footner (Sheedz)
Ryan McWhirter (Squirter)
Jason Old
Robbie Williams
Lucas Tucker
Jason Tarczon (Tarco)

I played off int he side aginst these blokes int he grand final. Not this year but the year before jayco and the bloke who got bog int he granny played at finley int he murray league, not sure if they are still there. I also have a feeling that dixon guy was running around in one of the ararat leagues, minninera or something liek that. McCallion is back out int he southern league where he was recruited from, was with balwyn i think. Not much help but a bit of an insight for you

newton said:
A colleague of mine put me on to big footy as a reliable source of information on footy related issues so i thought i would give it a go.

I'm doing some research into the whereabouts of the 21 boys who played in the Hammerheads premiership team. I have been in contact with Channel 7 and they were able to give me a list of the players who played that day.

Any information would be appreciated. e.g Are they playing anywhere? What work they are doing etc etc.

I believe playing with Werribee Centrals in the Geelong and District league and a regualr contributor to 50/50 in the Herald Sun...

Paul Dyer (Chicken)

Is a Jan Juc boy and also appeared on last year's (?) big brother...has gaind some notoriety in the Geelong area...

Barry Noble has recently returned from overseas and is playing at Lalor in the Diamond Valley. Jason Tarczon played in Lalor's division 2 premiership last season . . . dunno if he's playing again in 2005. Spotted another ex Hammerhead squad member, Joel Paton (he fell of his horse and broke his arm doing a promotional shoot) running around for Alexandra in the Central Goulburn League against Yea 3 weeks ago.

What ever happened to that little s@#t stirrer Quanny???

I worked with Richo for a short time last year on a building site, he was working as a scaffolder, don't think he is still playing anywhere.

Chappy and Jayco joined Chappy's home club of Finley in the Murray League the year after the show finished. Then I'm pretty sure Jayco went to Perth and I think Chappy stayed on. Not 100 per cent sure if he did though. Finley is Shane Crawford's original club.

arceri said:
where is Greg Miller playing?

Last time I heard he went to Richmond, however you don't see much of him now that media whore Terry Wallace is in charge.

David_02 said:
I think u will find him in the live aid concert coming up
I thought the same thing when Channel Seven e-mailed me his name. For some reason I Don't think it's the same Robbie Williams though. If it is he has certainly kicked on.

newton said:
I thought the same thing when Channel Seven e-mailed me his name. For some reason I Don't think it's the same Robbie Williams though. If it is he has certainly kicked on.

When he couldn't fly like an "Angel", he's footy career "come undone".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarco is currently at a EDFL club but is not playing because of his agro style.
Tarco was a ex flemo boy and played with my family for many years.

The WRFL was silly to bring in the Hammerheads and basiclly force Flemo out of the comp.

On a side note my uncle was gonig to take over the hammerheads when 7 left them but could not get the needed $50,000 to play on

Well the hammerheads cost us a Grand final. If it wasnt for the team we would have had the medal around our neck and the cup up in the club rooms. But now, where would that cup be, they were in for one year and now gone.

newton said:

Richard O'Meara (Richo) - Captian
Barry Noble (Bazza) - Deputy Vice Captain
Wade Barber (Barbs)
Barclay Dixon (Dicko)
Paul Dyer (Chicken)
Andrew Jacobs (Jayco)
Adam Marshall (Marshy)
Justin McCallion (Macca)
Lukas Muir
Ben Swan (Swanee)
Patrick Angelino (Paddy)
Matthew Chaplin (Chappy)
Liam Farow (Faz)
Erin Footner (Sheedz)
Ryan McWhirter (Squirter)
Jason Old
Robbie Williams
Lucas Tucker
Jason Tarczon (Tarco)

Iplay with bazza noble and hes a gun, just come back from injury and tarczon was training wuth us in pre season but is playing elsewhere this season

You are spot-on about Bucky playing for Werribee Centrals, which is where he played before the days of the Hammerheads. Also, I went to school with one of the more infamous Hammerheads players, Adam "The Rock" Sumner, didn't play in the premiership team, but was a cult figure. Actually surprised me as to how serious he was on the show, at school he was NEVER serious, EVER.

bogan4life said:
The WRFL was silly to bring in the Hammerheads and basiclly force Flemo out of the comp.

On a side note my uncle was gonig to take over the hammerheads when 7 left them but could not get the needed $50,000 to play on

Was Flemington forced out and when or did they fold up

My North said:
Was Flemington forced out and when or did they fold up
Flemo left the comp the year before because another club with more money was set to replace them, the funny thing is channel 7 started a club at the same ground using the same rooms and playing in the same grade but im not sure why flemo where kicked out :rolleyes:

Erin 'Sheedz' Footner is my brother, so i can tell you with some authority that he has hung up the boots after the Hammerheads win, and is living in StKilda hosting trivia nights and acting on the stage and in TV. Look out for a Slazenger add coming out in october that he did with Michael Clarke and Brenton Sanderson.

Travvy43 said:
Well the hammerheads cost us a Grand final. If it wasnt for the team we would have had the medal around our neck and the cup up in the club rooms. But now, where would that cup be, they were in for one year and now gone.

North Footscray?

Why were Altona City allowed to win the Div 2 GF last year and stay in the same division? North Sunshine ended up staying in Div 1 despite winning the wooden spoon right?

Doesn't seem fair to rest of the teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know where these Hammerhead players are now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back