Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

no real winners tonight.

Lobb gets the Darren Minchington "We made you are star" from nowhere awards.

Stewy tried.
Clohsey showed a moment after coming on as sub.

Jezza, Miers, Stengle, CLose, PFD, all did SFA. Mid field Stank. Sdk belted by English and needed him on a 206 cm forwards.

Zuthrie was decent..

Game plans of kicking long suspect but will need to pull the finger out and fix it before nest week.

CS prob a bit outcoached too.

Not the end of the world but close to it

Missed Atkins

Just not good enough on the day.

GO Catters

I’m here waiting patiently to see the whipping boys cop all the criticism and Danger and Cameron getting a free ride.

Could possibly one of the dumbest games I’ve seen our entire team play.

Got outplayed by a rule you learn in u9’s

PLAY IN FRONT

Don’t think we took a mark i50 other than a chip pass.

Thoroughly deserve the win. Outplayed the cats all night. Not playing a ruck or a tall forward is a big lesson in the conditions.

A rant on the umpiring though. When there was a chance of bringing it back to a couple of goals difference in the last quarter, the umpires “inserted themselves” and snuffed out any comeback. Well done, mfers.

I cant remember the last time we got spanked like this at home let alone against the dogs, ****ing woeful and heads should role!!!
We never have, it's by far our worst loss against them at KP, previous worst was 25 pts. 2003 when we were 10 goals down at 3/4 time against a side who had two wins on the ladder but managed to get to 18 pts would be the previous 'worst' in my memory.

I’m here waiting patiently to see the whipping boys cop all the criticism and Danger and Cameron getting a free ride.

Could possibly one of the dumbest games I’ve seen our entire team play.

Got outplayed by a rule you learn in u9’s

PLAY IN FRONT

Don’t think we took a mark i50 other than a chip pass.
Utterly infuriating how many times our forwards were caught behind. Beaten in all fundamentals for a wet game of footy, head over the ball, tackling and numbers to the contest. No real positives at all

Abysmal.

Half a dozen players can hold their heads high, but that was pathetic.

Felt like everyone wanted to be at home in Torquay by the fire and not kicking a footy around earning their hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Dumb to stack the midfield and not have anyone up forward willing to make a contest.

The worst part of it was just the lack of effort. Lazy football, no intent, no chase. No fundamentals.

That said we've got:

North
Crows
Freo
Saints
Eagles

With only Freo in finals contention.

Tonight was an aberration - we'll be back on track next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant remember the last time we got spanked like this at home let alone against the dogs, ****ing woeful and heads should role!!!

First half against Port earlier this year would be right up there.

Just hope Bailey Smith wasn’t watching tonight

That was pathetic. Dogs are our bunnies and we instead rolled over to them with not even a yelp.

The club needs to figure out what's going wrong at home this year. They expect us supporters to turn up every time we play there, yet the team puts in performances like that multiple times this year is not acceptable.

Feels like our past 3 weeks have been undone by tonight and we're back to square 1 after the Carlton game.

Think I’m just gonna have a week off from big footy, I’m just so ****ing livid after that performance.

giphy.gif

What I want to say about tonight..

Yeah, bye top 4. That’s a real season killer, need to see how much we want it, we didn’t show it tonight. Dogs absolutely smashed the cats and probably should have been closer to a 100 point loss. I reckon this one worse then Darwin.

Dogs were very good and deserved the comfortable win that it ended up.
We were rubbish and never really looked invested in the game- had about half the intensity they showed. So strange.
Ah well - regroup- we will make the 8 but we won’t knock off the good teams- which the dogs look increasingly to be one of.
Where was Atkins?
Well done to mannagh, Zuth and Holmes- tried all night. Liked clohesy.

Last edited:
Well that’s as ordinary as we’ve looked all year. The kicks inside 50m were so damn frustrating, been a while since we gave up that many intercept marks. 15-4 marks inside 50m.

Dempsey, Miers, Cameron and Bowes seem to be our barometers. If they’re off, we can’t win and they were waaaay off!

Clohesy looked good when he came on.

The topsy turvy year continues!

It’s the Geelong of 2024, our good is good, but my god our bad is close to the worst there is in the comp. Lazy effort tonight, played such dumb footy, didn’t fire a shot all night.

Dogs were on, they’re a much better and much more talented team than their ladder position suggests, will play finals.

Our main guys were nullified, either by tactics or shit play up the field. FM we are better than that.

I will call out JC.

You cannot lope around the place, meters off your opponent all the time. You have to get yourself involved. Subsequently you can't tell other players what they should be doing cos they will be looking at you and thinking wtf.

You need to force it a bit more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back