Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Devastated for Bruce

That is devastating. I really hope if this is the end of his playing career that we find a way to keep him at the club in some capacity.

With Bruce and Keath out, maybe we get to see a backline with Busslinger, JOD and Cleary in it. Probably too inexperienced for a must win game on Friday but at least we could get a glimpse of what the future might look like.

Maybe so but Brown could've kicked it to Riccardi or Brown and Macrae chose to stay with Kelly which yes in retrospect was the wrong option but we have the benefit of looking at the replay.

This incident was hardly the reason we lost yesterday and anyone seriously claiming Macrae had a bad game let alone dropped is smoking something they shouldn't be.

No , I didn’t say he should be dropped ( no one is a bigger fan of Macrae than me ) but in lots of ways it is symptomatic of most of the team when defending , we are constantly caught in no man’s land as Jack was in this instance.
Maybe it should be sheeted back to coaching ?

Oliver Gigacz . You're no doubt busy but do you have the degree of difficulty on the ones we missed? Any in the 75% or better chance of kicking the goal and who missed those ones including anyone not listed above? I can't recall them but some misses will be more forgivable than others I guess.

These were our biggest misses where on xScore a goal should've been kicked 60%+ of the time...

Q1 7' - Weightman - Behind (65% chance of being a goal)
Q1 20' - Lobb - Behind (64% chance of being a goal)
Q2 30' - Naughton - Behind (79% chance of being a goal)

These were our biggest misses where on xScore a goal should've been kicked 60%+ of the time...

So from those three kicks we should have got two goals, and the additional ten points likely win the game.

The players need to sort their shit out. I’m about as down on the coach as anyone, but he’s not kicking the ****ing ball at the big sticks. This is disgraceful.

Thanks OG. So you're saying my wheelchair bound aunt could have kicked the one Naughts missed.....

VDM, Scott and JUH, each 2 shots for no goals, isn't great reading. Are there any mitigating circumstances for any of them?

So from those three kicks we should have got two goals, and the additional ten points likely win the game.

The players need to sort their s*t out. I’m about as down on the coach as anyone, but he’s not kicking the ****** ball at the big sticks. This is disgraceful.
so Arthur Jones has gone backwards regarding forn the last few weeks How about he sits together with our wonderful forward coach who has kicked a total of 3 goals in his AFL careers to see if he can help him turn his forn around

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Macrae dropped? he was clearly one of our best yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if he got coaches votes...

3rd for contested possessions
3rd for ground ball gets
2nd for clearances
2nd for tackles
3rd for pressure points
2 turnovers from 32 disposals
3rd in the player ratings
5th in ranking points

If you look at the clip in question you can clearly see that Macrae is matched up with Kelly and has the make a decision late to either stick with Kelly or go to Riccardi as Brown could've kicked it to either of them. Daniel is the one who is supposed to be on Riccardi and you see him running trying to get to him at the start of the clip.

It never ceases to amaze me how the standards that some supporters hold Macrae to.

You must have missed the multiple stoppages he walked to and from throughout the game. Had Bont yelling at him at one stoppage on the non grandstand wing because he stood there whilst two oppo players got to one side of the contest, unmanned.

He also made the worst tackle effort I’ve ever seen a player make in the first quarter. Head down, arms out, gave up before making a genuine effort. Was as bad as his smother effort last week.

Those stats you listed show he played a lot better than I thought, but with a seriously lack of on field leadership at times this years from some of our older players, seeing some of Macrae’s efforts yesterday was really disappointing.

They had their own issues with injuries, Tom Green Jessie Hogan. We were out coached against a much better coach at the moment. Bevo is club legend but the club is bigger than him. We have no idea how to stop these run ons. Bevo after 9 years is out of ideas and motivation.

Tom Green and Hogan were non starters - we lost 2 key defenders in the first half. The equivalent would have been Taylor and Buckley getting injured in the first half - one a much loved player with a career ending ACl.What would have happened then?

Throw in another being sick and not playing the last qtr - let’s choose DanielS perhaps…..

You can’t be selective - losing multiple key position players IN GAME is way worse than them not playing at all. Unfortunately , Richard’s was a big loss, like Tom Green was for them. For us - our backline merry go round has crueled us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cornes is saying what many of us are thinking but we have no avenue to express it.

Cornes has the avenue but get shot down because of who he is etc etc

Put aside who says it and focus on what is said makes sense

The next time I hear Cornes say we have a great list and “want for nothing” I will spew up.

Yes - be critical of the coach, but don’t ignore our horrendous run with injuries in the backline, and our very average depth. Want for nothing - garbage.

The next time I hear Cornes say we have a great list and “want for nothing” I will spew up.

Yes - be critical of the coach, but don’t ignore our horrendous run with injuries in the backline, and our very average depth. Want for nothing - garbage.

This board likes Kane when his views fit snuggly within its narrative.

The rest of the time he's an outrage machine looking for clicks who should be ignored.

You're right about his pace, M.
However, his dad wasn't quick either. I feel Rhylee could become a Moyd type mid, where hardness, and developing smarts, are VIP.
No-one could ever really call Moyd quick, could they?
And that's why I said if he is too make it has too be as a mid. As he can work to his strengths and lessen his weak area.
He gives his all on HF Line but he is a liability there, as his direct opponent often leaves him trailing behind

Understand and take on board what you stated.

There are some things that seem to plague this team and have gone unaddressed and that falls on the coach and coaches IMO

Here is a sample

1. How many times have we conceded 4 plus goals consecutive? This is the rule now not the exception.
Why has it continued to happen ?

2. The game vs Sydney this year with game on the line Dale (one of our best kicks) had a kick out and what happened ? He ran too far.
Where was the plan to move the ball in these circumstances?
You are a full time professional team coaches and players you have had this side for 7 years and it was left to hope to win that game ?

I could wear yesterday if it was a one off but on the back of Gold Coast, Port (twice) , cats , pies and Sydney i think it’s more than just the list.

I don’t agree with Kane about list not wanting for nothing all lists have needs but our list with all its wants is better than where we are on the ladder.

Many on here acknowledge the limitations of the list and when you are a coach for 7 plus years I would say you wear some responsibility for what the list is today. What many are saying is this list should be performing better or at least show that they are growing as a team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand and take on board what you stated.

There are some things that seem to plague this team and have gone unaddressed and that falls on the coach and coaches IMO

Here is a sample

1. How many times have we conceded 4 plus goals consecutive? This is the rule now not the exception.
Why has it continued to happen ?

2. The game vs Sydney this year with game on the line Dale (one of our best kicks) had a kick out and what happened ? He ran too far.
Where was the plan to move the ball in these circumstances?
You are a full time professional team coaches and players you have had this side for 7 years and it was left to hope to win that game ?

I could wear yesterday if it was a one off but on the back of Gold Coast, Port (twice) , cats , pies and Sydney i think it’s more than just the list.

I don’t agree with Kane about list not wanting for nothing all lists have needs but our list with all its wants is better than where we are on the ladder.

I agree with all of your points - the coaching has to be questioned when the same issues continue without any indication of improvement.

But I also think our injuries in the backline have had a significant impact on our year, and the players have to be accountable for some repeated bad errors.

would anyone be able to post bevos brief in here, I have a membership but unfortunately its linked to my mates email as we bought together so I don’t have access to it, Cheers.

Part of our issue that the blokes getting injured are all in their 30's...... time to move on.. History shows injuries hit blokes in their 30s more

What scares me is that opposition teams must know they are mentally still in the game when 6 goals down against us....

And they also know we are very likely to concede 5 plus consecutive goals at some stage in the game

So these were worse than the two Scott missed?
I thought they were bad enough, especially missing the 2nd one from the same spot.

Been reading on the Dog Pound page that a few people saw Bont and Naughton have a bit of a argument and they thought Bont was suggesting Naughton goes back. Naughton seemed to crack the shits and Lobb then went back. Anyone see this?

Been reading on the Dog Pound page that a few people saw Bont and Naughton have a bit of a argument and they thought Bont was suggesting Naughton goes back. Naughton seemed to crack the shits and Lobb then went back. Anyone see this?
I've read this posted elsewhere as well, real bad look if that's the case...

I don’t post much and rarely on game analysis threads. Girls didn’t play footy when I grew up so I don’t have the game playing experience that others on here clearly have. And I don’t have any ins at the Club like others so I can’t really comment on whether the coach is arrogant or stubborn or not being listened to.

But for what it’s worth and how it looked to me at the game, moving Lobb down back looked like it was well worth a crack. We’d lost two tall defenders and up forward Naughton, despite being beaten, looked liked the only forward likely to take a grab and score the goal/s we needed to arrest momentum/uphold the margin. ‘Marra didn’t look like holding one after quarter time, Weightman was off his game and not crumbing like he needed to in windy conditions and Scott was trying hard but not tall enough or kicking straight. We also sent Williams down there to help Lobb and it seemed we dropped Bont back behind the ball more often.

I don’t know whether it was a well coached game or not, but I do know that as well as stopping goals, we need to score to snuff out a run. Perhaps we could have mixed it up a bit and rotated both Naughton and Lobb down back, but it certainly seemed to me that Naughton was the forward most likely to mark/score and there was no one around him who could hold it in the F50 when the ball hit the ground. Lobb wasn’t going to change that up forward and at least when the ball was on the ground in the B50 he had Williams, Dale, and Dureya having a crack around him.

Gutted for Josh.

There are multiple reasons why we concede so many run ons in games a lot coming from the ball ran out of our forward line:

We play a 5 man forward line.
We fail to lock the ball in our forward line and most of our forwards are low on for pressure acts.
We do not have a lot of leg speed.
We press up to high and get beaten out the back.
Our backline is not good at one on one defence, especially wirhout Jones. Just shows how weak we are when he is out injured a 31 year old has year out of AFL and looks head and shoulders above and other tall defenders.
Our coach's gameplan fails to address these issues.

So these were worse than the two Scott missed?
I thought they were bad enough, especially missing the 2nd one from the same spot.

Scott's misses were just under 60%...

Q2 23' - Behind - A.Scott
Type: Set Shot
Distance: 40.1m
Angle: 20.4°
Goal Chance: 57.3%
xScore: 3.83

Q2 27' - Behind - A.Scott
Type: Set Shot
Distance: 44.5m
Angle: 2.6°
Goal Chance: 56.6%
xScore: 3.79

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back