Autopsy Dogs into prelim - beat Brissy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this will be a popular opinion, but I actually feel sorry for Fagan. He's a very good coach and he has been unlucky now in his past two Semi Final losses. In 2019, it took a Brent Daniels last gasp goal to eliminate the Lions, and it took a VDM behind in the dying stages last night to eliminate the Lions. Both losses easily could have gone either way.

Three consecutive top four finishes is a mighty effort after finishing bottom four in 2018.

2019: Brisbane lose in the finals to Richmond and GWS. Both Richmond and GWS go on to play in the Grand Final.
2020: Brisbane beat Richmond in week one, then lose to Geelong in week three. Both Richmond and Geelong go on to play in the Grand Final.
2021: Brisbane lose in the finals to Melbourne and the Bulldogs. ___________________________________________________________
Would they make top 4 anyway if they didn’t have a massive home ground advantage?

Thought Schache had a good game - what do others think? He had a couple of shocking moments but some really good involvements as well.

Trelour was very poor and while VDM didn’t get a lot of the ball his pressure was insane. Also shout out to Gardiner, I thought he was solid again tonight. Keath usual game (outstanding), Dale, Daniel, Williams, Duryea all fantastic. McRae BOG by a country mile. Not sure what to make of Young’s game, spindly beat in the ruck and not providing enough around the ground. Did allow English to attack the ruck fresh later in the game which is a posits it every but then again so would sweet.
Dunks,Adzy and VDM all were below their best for their pay grade.
If Lewy was given instructions by bevo to compete in the ruck as best as you can and when you're not in the ruck, run the Big O around the park to exhaust him.
If that was the case Lewy was effective and did his job.
Same for Rourke, Hannan and Gard's, basic instructions, they ain't the ones we're relying on in the big moments.

Mate tough break.

I did my ankle about 5 years ago playing soccer, it’s the worst.

Hope you have a speedy recovery
I broke my ankle playing soccer about 15 years ago. All of a sudden it’s started really hurting again. Scar tissue rubbing on a nerve apparently. Only known cure so far is 10 beers and a Bulldogs win.

One of the best wins in the club’s history. And winning two finals to push into the second last week is what our season deserves. It’s all character from our club to hold their nerve when all looked like it was falling apart.

Surely the game of the season for the AFL this year? So ballistic. Hardly contested. Comebacks. In the last 5 minutes it was all about territory.

It felt like our leaders and back 6 won us this one. Down nights for Schache and Treloar. Interested to see if they can rebound.

The ruck situation is actually working. Way too many centre clearances goals in the first quarter but by the end of the game, much like last week, our two boys had worn down the other team’s dominant ruck.

Baz is 70% superstar 30% Carrazzo. I’ll take it. He runs all day, never backs down from the moment and will only get better. Special player.

Caleb’s hands and some of his release kicks were just exquisite. What a jet.

Macrae’s first 8 minutes of the final quarter dragged us back into the game. He was straight fire.

Dunkley’s hardness and aerial versatility is starting to really give us substance at the end of games.

Libba is the most maniacal footballer I’ve ever seen.

Brisbane were tough tonight. They were physically brutal and their constant wave running was scary.

This win shows that this has been a special group. Bevo has taken us on another scintillating journey. It’s been an awesome year to be a doggie and we should be proud
Dude that is a really great analysis, factual and positive. Respect.
The last 2 wins have been historic.
Bombers held goalless in the 2nd half in a final and beating the lions at the gabba by 1 points after being in tassie for quarantine.
If you ain't proud of this team you never will be.

I totally get people saying we shouldn't care when people whinge about our free kicks, but that last line concerns me. If umpires think they will miss a prelim or grand final because they've paid too many frees to the dogs, they might be hesitant to pay them even when they're legit.

The integrity of the sport is in jeopardy when people in the media insist umpires are overlooked for big games for paying to many frees to one team.

If they want to question umpiring, then every decision (free or non free) in a game needs to be scrutinised for both teams so it shuts these whingers up.
Doesn’t the umpiring department do that after every game? If they are happy with the umpires it’s end of story.

Unless… they are all part of the conspiracy…. 👀 🤨 🤫

I get Mcraes game but for mine in terms effective possession Daniel's game was off the charts. Just saw a few short clips on the the TV, the guy is so clean, so quick getting the handball or kick away and he sees options and so quckly that literally no-one else on the ground can. Pound for pound most talented and skilled Bulldog I've seen

Fantastic Father’s Day present. Challenges the 1998 massacre of weagles at the G when Malthouse did not pick whoosha. Best gift anyone could ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate of mine just sent me this:

"Sons of the Umps, red, white and blue. We come out DIVING..... Bulldogs through and through. Bulldogs flop and bulldogs drop, blow.. the whistle... REF. We are the boys that come from sixth and still get the number 1 pick."

😂😂😂

As soon as that point was rushed by VDM you could see JJ mustering his teammates (Naughton at least) to skedaddle down the defensive end but Rich launched it deep, straight down the guts. I thought Brisbane played it well actually. That 30m knock-on was inspired. But for Duryea it would have paid dividends.
Haha JJ was practically pushing Naughts and the look on Naughts face was total exhaustion.

VDM ridden into the ground when kicking the point - free kick warranted, milks 30 seconds (assuming the timekeeper starts the clock again....) game over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t notice this at the time but have rewatched now and that was a terrible non call.

These two occur within about 3 minutes of each other. One a clear free and the other clearly not … but it’s definitely rigged in our favour.

Attachments

• 20927A16-C712-4668-BFE6-66907DF92D6A.jpg
    20927A16-C712-4668-BFE6-66907DF92D6A.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 97740C5A-D189-4038-83EF-479B40926414.jpg
    97740C5A-D189-4038-83EF-479B40926414.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 145
A mate of mine just sent me this:

"Sons of the Umps, red, white and blue. We come out DIVING..... Bulldogs through and through. Bulldogs flop and bulldogs drop, blow.. the whistle... REF. We are the boys that come from sixth and still get the number 1 pick."

This crap goes from myth to an accepted norm through repetition. It’s very disheartening and undermines the achievements of a very good and disciplined football team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

…. They got 2-3 straight goals just because McInerney could smack it straight out of the centre bounce with no contest.

I don't disagree specifically, but I'll add two things which I think you're 'forgetting';

- The centre bounce directly after the 2 you mentioned, English didn't get anywhere near it either as McInerney won the tap easily.
- There were 24 other centre bounces. (admittedly I don't know the English/Young split atm) where it didn't happen.

So look, it's not ideal, but I don't think anyone here will disagree with that.
It's simply making the best of a bad [ruck] situation...
...which was amplified by the loss of a key forward in Bruce.

What a great night to be a bulldog. If you move
2016 aside, I cannot remember a ballsier Bulldog finals victory. For mine it makes our season a worthy one.

I rate that game a close second to the 2016 Prelim as a pure football experience. Both teams were on last night.

If Lewy was given instructions by bevo to compete in the ruck as best as you can and when you're not in the ruck, run the Big O around the park to exhaust him.
If that was the case Lewy was effective and did his job.
Same for Rourke, Hannan and Gard's, basic instructions..

Well spotted, Young's role, I mean. None of us know what instructions are given to individual players, especially the lesser lights. Gardiner and Hannon were the subjects of widespread criticism this season yet were continually selected. I'd be curious to know what their instructions were.

I get Mcraes game but for mine in terms effective possession Daniel's game was off the charts. Just saw a few short clips on the the TV, the guy is so clean, so quick getting the handball or kick away and he sees options and so quckly that literally no-one else on the ground can. Pound for pound most talented and skilled Bulldog I've seen

He’s set such a high bar, he fumbled at one point last night under not the most pressure and made me ask wtf he was doing. He has more than enough credits in the bank lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back