News Dr Bridie O'Donnell elected to the board

Remove this Banner Ad

She wasn’t elected to the board, the board just appointed her. I thought we were a membership club and under that we get a say in who runs the club. So obviously this doesn’t matter anymore and Putin just puts himself and minions in for life.

Objectively Bridie seems to have a lot of experience and qualities that are perfect for a role on the board. I don't think you want to be emotive about these decisions.

Just have to look on her Twitter account to find it as other people have done

If she was any good, she'd be on their Board
Exactly right, I’m sick to death of this politically correct nonsense. Choose the best people for the job!!

No body gives a rats if the board is gender and race balanced!

No, let's just go with the "here's more proof our club is sh**" idea!!!

Playing devils advocate, does it matter if she is a Collingwood supporter? I mean it seems to, to most supporters going off peoples reactions here. But will that get in the way of her doing a good job as a board member? Or on the flip side will her qualifications and experience bring some good qualities that will help us?

So now we have Jodie Sizer, Christine Holgate, Dr Bridie, Mark Korda, Paul Licuria, Peter Murphy and Neil Wilson.
I know Peter Murphy is a good man and think he should remain on the board, but he won't. Not sure who's on Browne's ticket, but I suspect none of the men listed above will survive.

Exactly right, I’m sick to death of this politically correct nonsense. Choose the best people for the job!!

No body gives a rats if the board is gender and race balanced!

To be fair she seems to be very well qualified for the role. It seems the club followed a suitable process including external help when arriving at the decision. Putting aside speculation over who she supports, what makes her unsuitable for the role?

So now we have Jodie Sizer, Christine Holgate, Dr Bridie, Mark Korda, Paul Licuria, Peter Murphy and Neil Wilson.
I know Peter Murphy is a good man and think he should remain on the board, but he won't. Not sure who's on Browne's ticket, but I suspect none of the men listed above will survive.

I wish Murphy had become president over Korda.

Playing devils advocate, does it matter if she is a Collingwood supporter? I mean it seems to, to most supporters going off peoples reactions here. But will that get in the way of her doing a good job as a board member? Or on the flip side will her qualifications and experience bring some good qualities that will help us?
That was definitely meant to be sarcasm from me, though you probably did know that! I do believe that if she has the right qualities to do the job (that seems to be the case) and is capable of helping the club move forward then why not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair she seems to be very well qualified for the role.

Why?

Because she was involved in high level sports? That was as an individual, not as part of a team.

Because she is a medical practitioner? Do you realise how basic a medical degree is? It's a far cry from someone qualified in sports medicine, which would be much better.

Yeah looks really good , all the whilst wearing a Bulldogs jumper, WTF is going on at this Club

Clubs recruit players all the time who grew up passionately supporting other teams. Those players put their previous allegiances aside and perform as professionals. What’s the difference in this case? In fact, without the burden of being an historical Collingwood supporter, she may be in a unique position to contribute genuinely clear, best-practice thinking and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Whilst it would be nice to have Collingwood supporters on the board, it’s hardly a requisite for success. She is clearly qualified, and to suggest that her ‘support’ will impede her is ridiculous. This isn’t the schoolyard, she is a professional.

Actually agree here, I think the more non Collingwood people and hangers on the better, hopefully that filters down to the coaching ranks as well, it seems our own are incapable of running a football club to a required standard, or achieving any resemblance of sustained high standards.
Nah for me get people in who have no loyalties and are not afraid to run the place like a professional organisation.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dr Bridie O'Donnell elected to the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back