Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he wants to play for a big Melbourne based club, using the Rash situation to scare of the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Other than Richmond (who will be a total rabble for years to come and who likely take Smith or FOS) - there is no 'big' Vic club until Essendon at 8 or CarLOLton at 11 (who may be using that pick for Houston).

I guess depending on what happens with Richmond/Freo possible trades for Bolton/Baker and those 9/10 picks..... Seems unlikely he will get to a big 'Vic' club unless Demons throw a curve ball and take him at 5 (But surely his parents would be even MORE concerned about their culture) ...but doubt he would slide past us...

Nicks controversially dropped him for the final game of the year to make an example of him. Do you call that support?

I call it a kick in the ass

FFS people need to toughen the **** up

How would some of these young player have played under Kerls, Hafey, Parkin etc

Honestly have we become that soft

There is time to support, but there are times you need tough love, he’s had plenty of support - it was tine for tough love

I’ll go as far as saying - it will be the making of him as a player and as a leader

Harden uo people

Not every kid wants to stay in SA

Draper obviously wants to head to Victorian - where players get the most exposure

He obviously knows of Adelaide’s interests and is using the Rash dropping to discourage Adelaide

If our handling of young players was so bad, why have so many young players stayed and signed long term contracts

So let’s cut the BS and the storm in a tea-cup noise

Whether people like Nicks or not is irrelevant, however under Nicks our retention of young players has never been better, and the young players including Rash, Curtin, Sig and Dowling actually love the coach

There is time to support, but there are times you need tough love, he’s had plenty of support - it was tine for tough love

I’ll go as far as saying - it will be the making of him as a player and as a leader

Harden uo people

As much as I don't disagree with your sentiment, today's youngsters are a totally different kettle of fish to that. It's something our club refuses to understand and adapt to.

I actually don't think it'll matter in the end and the Eagles will draft him based on them having a very good retention rate of SAers.
Exactly right, was told a while ago that the Eagles have had him number one on their draft board and he’s perfectly happy to go there. Last time I checked that isn’t in Victoria, but unfortunately that would’ve required Josh Money to have any credibility in his story.

As much as I don't disagree with your sentiment. Today's youngsters are a totally different kettle of fish to that. It's something our club doesn't seem to understand and adapt to.

That’s have the problem, the softer we treat them the softer they become

There gets a point you need to build some resilience in players, otherwise how do they stand up in tough game situations

What I find hilarious in all this, the player himself Rash - accepted the feedback, accepted the dropping and is determined to turn this into a positive

It’s the rest of these soft “wrap players in bubble wrap” supporters that are have a sook

**** me if we ever have to go to war again

Not every kid wants to stay in SA

Draper obviously wants to head to Victorian - where players get the most exposure

He obviously knows of Adelaide’s interests and is using the Rash dropping to discourage Adelaide

If our handling of young players was so bad, why have so many young players stayed and signed long term contracts

So let’s cut the BS and the storm in a tea-cup noise

Whether people like Nicks or not is irrelevant, however under Nicks our retention of young players has never been better, and the young players including Rash, Curtin, Sig and Dowling actually love the coach

We haven't had any real difficult signings for non SA kids. We gave Soligio and Rachele 5+ year deals very early.

Regardless of whether this is a smokescreen or not, you cannot have draftees have the mere thought of "I don't wana go there because they dont know how to manage young players".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harden uo people

Round 24 was time... ok then

There gets a point you need to build some resilience in players, otherwise how do they stand up in tough game situations

What I find hilarious in all this, the player himself Rash - accepted the feedback, accepted the dropping and is determined to turn this into a positive

It’s the rest of these soft “wrap players in bubble wrap” supporters that are have a sook

The club let it play out publically, embarassing rash to the comp. thats not proper football clubs like geelong and hawthorn delt with ginnivan and stengle.

Even if all of that were true, there's no excuse for giving him a public shellacking by a series of senior players and coaches.

If those conversations had been kept strictly within the walls of the club (as I'm sure Geelong did with Stengle while supporting him publicly), it wouldn't have become an issue for broader public discussion.

Whatever your take on it is, it's a diabolical look for the club.

What else is he going to do?
He literally tried to go to war with the enemy and we were so soft that we didn’t want to upset them, and no one went with him.

The club let it play out publically, embarassing rash to the comp. thats not proper football clubs like geelong and hawthorn delt with ginnivan and stengle.
This has been said ad nauseum and still goes in one ear and out the other.

Even football greats have said the same, we treated him and handled it woefully.

People need to give Josh Money the same credibility they give Rowey, do not trust anything he says. He would get a text from a random and run with it if it suits a narrative, regardless of facts.
Well if there's no truth behind it, surely the club should at least take some kind of legal action? Arguably as damaging to our brand as anything that's come out this year, which is saying a lot

Surprising ANB is so keen to get to the Crows given he's also with the same management team as Sid Draper?

They couldn't have clued ANB up it seems.

Who gives. Shit about his concerns

If he is available and the best option - pick him

He’s concerns are looking in from the outside, however pick him and change his perception from actually being inside the club

Being inside the club will only solidify his perception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back