Dream Team/Super Coach - Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

1. His kick-to-handball ratio is low at just 0.80 and this has a limiting effect on his scoring power. For example, take a look at his two finals which were so good that he was awarded the Swans Finals Player of the Year award. He had 29 and 32 disposals respectively but only managed to end up 94 and 106 DT points respectively, which is solid but isn't fantastic.

his SC scores in those two games were awesome, if I remember correctly. I think he was BOG against the blues (somewhere north of 150?) and about 120 v the dogs.

his clearance work is so good, and this year he starts as the main man in the middle. Last year he started as a bench option.

you don't think he can't add 12ppg to a 73 average? that's a bit disappointing, when it's really not all that much to improve to (a 95+ average is a different matter). Sydney's got a lot of very winnable games in the time frame I want to have him traded out by, and most of these are at home. I don't see how he can't score over 85 against Essendon, Port, Hawthorn and Richmond. with the exception of Geelong and the Bulldogs games your first half draw is pretty easy and straight forward since it includes all of last years bottom 8 (except us).

I don't intend to have Kennedy in my team to score 100s every week or shoot up to 450,000 and be a keeper. a solid 85 average is all I really need him for so I can trade him out for a Pendlebury or Montagna after their early second byes. I think he can do that with so many against bad teams to score higher than his 2010 average against.

time will tell. :)

I can't be bothered doing his 2010 TOG but I'm sure he increased it in the 2nd 11 games as opposed to the 1st 11 games but his average DT score actually went down.

Maybe. I think the light went on for JPK in the finals and its still burning bright. I fully expect him to take his game to another level this H&A season (as compared to last) and will be riding him all the way.

How do Sydney fans see your half-backline operating this year now that Malceski's out? Do you feel there's any value picks?

From what I can tell you seem to have Malceski, Kennelly, Mattner, Shaw and Everitt who can all play the rebounding defender role that normally scores so well with Malceski being the number 1 option. Who do you feel will step up a gear with him injured?

Thoughts on Goodes guys. I usually get him after the mid season break as that's when he gets into form but it seems that's not the case this season. Can he average more than 100 this season?
DT - no
SC - almost definitely. One of the 1st players in my side

How do Sydney fans see your half-backline operating this year now that Malceski's out? Do you feel there's any value picks?

From what I can tell you seem to have Malceski, Kennelly, Mattner, Shaw and Everitt who can all play the rebounding defender role that normally scores so well with Malceski being the number 1 option. Who do you feel will step up a gear with him injured?

Also interested in the answer to this. Champion data seem to think Everitt is infront at this stage but I'm keen to hear the supporters point of view.

Thoughts on Goodes guys. I usually get him after the mid season break as that's when he gets into form but it seems that's not the case this season. Can he average more than 100 this season?

SC I'd say he is an asbolute lock.

DT I'm a little more tentative, I think he can average 100+ but I would think he is more likely to maintain his average in the 95-100 range.

Also interested in the answer to this. Champion data seem to think Everitt is infront at this stage but I'm keen to hear the supporters point of view.

I personally don't seem much value there. Part of Malceski's SC value was the fact that he is basically the best kick in the team and used the ball very well - similar I guess to a guy like Gilbee from WBD. I just don't think anyone else is going to come in and effectively take Malceski's stats. Shaw and Everitt will probably be the biggest beneficiaries from his absence but I wouldn't trust either of them from a SC perspective.

I tend to think the Goodes starting slowly thing is a bit of a myth that is probably a bit overblown. The concern about him this year seems to be that he will again be mostly playing forward with Bradshaw out, instead of getting a run in the midfield again like many were hoping. Don't let that scare you though - he will still kick bags of goals and is in great form already. He actually still scored really well playing forward last year so I don't know what people are worried about, especially when you consider there aren't all that many enticing premium forward options this year. I actually think he is very cheap.

I personally don't seem much value there. Part of Malceski's SC value was the fact that he is basically the best kick in the team and used the ball very well - similar I guess to a guy like Gilbee from WBD. I just don't think anyone else is going to come in and effectively take Malceski's stats. Shaw and Everitt will probably be the biggest beneficiaries from his absence but I wouldn't trust either of them from a SC perspective.

I think Shaw and Everitt will benefit scoring wise from Malceski's absence, but i don't think it's going to be considerable enough for them to be considered keepers. I think they'll both avg between 80-85, which is kind of an awkward avg. But Shaw was a bit of surprise in 2009 when he avg'd 94. I wonder if he can hit those heights again

Everitt had 27 posessions and scored 100+ (DT) on the weekend. I think he will benefit the most from Eski's absence as he is a better kick than Shaw and Mattner and his teammates will be looking for him as much as possible down back, at least till Kennelly returns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't make up my mind whether to go with JPK/Montagna or Jack/Cooney in the midfield!
There is huge upside for JPK at the price he's at but if Jack picks up from where he left off last year he's also huge value.
Montagna I feel is a bit expensive but is super consistant, Cooney is starting at a reasonable price and I'm expecting a huge year from him.

Any thoughts?

JPK/Montagna for me.

JPK looks like he's about to explode scoring wise this season and should make you a bit of coin to upgrade with.

Cooney and Jack are both neither here nor there. Not really the top end premium like Montagna

Thanks Ed, I'm leaning that way, JPK too cheap to pass up.
If it were not for the byes this year I'd pick both JPK and Jack

how is everitt coming along? what do you think he will average in supercoach?

I have JPK in mids atm but have heard Lewis Jetta is turning it on. Any thoughts on which would be better value? Appreciated the help.
I think for SC Jetta might a brave but potentially highly rewarding pick. His field kicking was atrocious last year, I think his kicking efficiency was mid 50s. This of course was not helped by all those behinds. If he can improve on that, and I think he can given he is generally a solid kick at training, then he could really jump in value in SC>

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream Team/Super Coach - Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back