DT Forwards 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great option. ANZ also has stadium members who would be allocated seating and MCC members have reciprocal rights to ANZ as well.

Yeah, I thought they might, but I wasn't sure. The MCG has a contract to host the grand final every year until about 2030 anyway, so the entire discussion is a bit silly.

Not a great option. ANZ also has stadium members who would be allocated seating and MCC members have reciprocal rights to ANZ as well.

But do you think it would help AFL in NSW to have a grand final there one year? If you want to promote the game to the biggest city in the country, why not have the best 2 teams fight it out on the biggest stage?

But do you think it would help AFL in NSW to have a grand final there one year? If you want to promote the game to the biggest city in the country, why not have the best 2 teams fight it out on the biggest stage?

No, it would just be stupid and why are we talking about it in here?

Back onto forwards.......:thumbsu:

How does everyone think ROK will go next year? I think he could be a solid buy if he was to continue to play further down the ground like he did towards the end of this year - even though he has essentially always played as a midfielder from that HFF position. I think MgLynn will be played on the half forward flank for the Swans next year, so i expect ROK to continue to play further down the ground. One thing i am wary of however; is tags. He is durable and has good scoring potential but if he gets tagged i don't think he is too relevant. If Goodes continues to play in the forward line i can definitely see ROK getting hit with a tag. What are everyones thoughts?

P.S I hope Delidio is still a forward!!

ROK did very well in the swans first time trial yesterday.

Apparently he swore loudly though when he was told he'd ran over 10mins (3km TT it was) - this to me just shows his determination, but also provides an indication that MF will still be his spot in 2010.

As for goodes, well im not sure that he will play forward line anymore. We have seaby/mumford as well as pyke/currie coming through, so one of them will probably be in the forward line often. Then we have lewis johnstone developing (should get games second half of the year), White locked in for a forward role. Add bradshaw into the mix (hopefully) and we have 3 talls, and potentiall 4. Does goodes fit into this? Im not so sure.

Another note - Ed Barlow ran a sub 10min time, and led from start to finish.

Don't know about either of them being great DT'ers to be honest. I can see some upside but don't think either will get enough midfield time at North and both don't have great DT games so will rely heavily on getting heaps of the ball. I'd say Thomas is the better DT prospect for mine out of those two, Campbell more explosive but Thomas i think will get more cheap marks. I'll pass on both though. North are an interesting DT prospect for next year though with Brad Scott coming in, i think there could be some real value there. Richmond is in a similar situation but i don't rate their young players as highly.

I think that Sylivia and Delidio (if they stay forwards) will be the best premiums next year. They will hopefully also improve.

The best mid-pricers/breakout players next year are probably Stokes and Ziebell both may be risky but should pay off. Chris Mayne also could be a good pickup because of his price.

The best rookie forward on an planner is Trengove even if it is unlikely he will stay a forward. Otherwise Rohan, Tapscott, Andrew Moore and Tom Lynch should also be good picks

I think that Sylivia and Delidio (if they stay forwards) will be the best premiums next year. They will hopefully also improve.

The best mid-pricers/breakout players next year are probably Stokes and Ziebell both may be risky but should pay off. Chris Mayne also could be a good pickup because of his price.

The best rookie forward on an planner is Trengove even if it is unlikely he will stay a forward. Otherwise Rohan, Tapscott, Andrew Moore and Tom Lynch should also be good picks

And why are you so sure about these players?

Their good players but you cant come out and say Deledio and Sylvia will be the best premiums next year? what are you basing this on? will they score the most points in the year, will they provide the most value or will they simply avg the most?

Same goes with the midpricers and rookies. Yeah Trengove and Tapscott have shown qualities that they might be capable at the higher level and might have ready made bodies but that doesnt mean they will be the best rookies. Rohan will be lucky to play and i cant see to much room for T.Lynch in the saints side.

Good names but, im not going to disagree with you on too many but you cant be 100% sure about anything yet.

ROK did very well in the swans first time trial yesterday.

Apparently he swore loudly though when he was told he'd ran over 10mins (3km TT it was) - this to me just shows his determination, but also provides an indication that MF will still be his spot in 2010.

As for goodes, well im not sure that he will play forward line anymore. We have seaby/mumford as well as pyke/currie coming through, so one of them will probably be in the forward line often. Then we have lewis johnstone developing (should get games second half of the year), White locked in for a forward role. Add bradshaw into the mix (hopefully) and we have 3 talls, and potentiall 4. Does goodes fit into this? Im not so sure.

Another note - Ed Barlow ran a sub 10min time, and led from start to finish.

obviously u would know more abour sydney than me, but from all reports, ROK has been in peak shape for the last few pre-seasons. one year, he rode his bike around everywhere (maybe he still does?)

fitness has definetely not been his problem, neither has his attitude and commitment. its all about his role, and the impact of young players on that role (midfield time??)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt mind seeing Sydney play Goodes, Okeffe and Kirk onball for the enitre season every game. Would love to see that, would be one hard midfield to stop and i reckon with Kirk playing as a tagger again, taking out the best opposition player like he use to do very well instead of being the player that needs to get 30 p's for sydney, give that job to Goodes and Okeffe.

I have my eye on Okeffe, its all about role and also where Goodes plays. Sydney will have Bradshaw and J.White as their tall forwards and will also look to dvelop L.Johnstone a bit, i havnt heard how hes going but, with positions for Rohan, Jetta as small forwards/HFF.

obviously u would know more abour sydney than me, but from all reports, ROK has been in peak shape for the last few pre-seasons. one year, he rode his bike around everywhere (maybe he still does?)

fitness has definetely not been his problem, neither has his attitude and commitment. its all about his role, and the impact of young players on that role (midfield time??)

I wasnt doubting this at all! I was meerly admiring his determination and his attitude towards his physical state (ie swearing when told he didnt run >10mins for the 3km) which IMO is definately a good thing.

Wouldnt mind seeing Sydney play Goodes, Okeffe and Kirk onball for the enitre season every game. Would love to see that, would be one hard midfield to stop and i reckon with Kirk playing as a tagger again, taking out the best opposition player like he use to do very well instead of being the player that needs to get 30 p's for sydney, give that job to Goodes and Okeffe.

I have my eye on Okeffe, its all about role and also where Goodes plays. Sydney will have Bradshaw and J.White as their tall forwards and will also look to dvelop L.Johnstone a bit, i havnt heard how hes going but, with positions for Rohan, Jetta as small forwards/HFF.

To be honest, I am not sure why the swans (if they do) are going to continue with goodes at CHF in 2010, particularly if we get Bradshaw. Maybe to prolong his career? I think with white, bradshaw, johnstone (when he plays), mumford/seaby switching forward at times too, will probably have enough height that it could be possible for them to get by without goodes being there full time, if they wanted to. Im just not sure that they do!

I havewill definately look at okeefe due to his durability, and potential upside too (averaged 117.2 between rounds 7-16 inclusive), however I am wary of him getting some serious attention next year, particularly if goodes is playing CHF. He *only* averaged 86.33 over the last 6 games and was tagged a few times from memory. Who else is there to tag at the swans anyway?:p

And why are you so sure about these players?

Their good players but you cant come out and say Deledio and Sylvia will be the best premiums next year? what are you basing this on? will they score the most points in the year, will they provide the most value or will they simply avg the most?

Same goes with the midpricers and rookies. Yeah Trengove and Tapscott have shown qualities that they might be capable at the higher level and might have ready made bodies but that doesnt mean they will be the best rookies. Rohan will be lucky to play and i cant see to much room for T.Lynch in the saints side.

Good names but, im not going to disagree with you on too many but you cant be 100% sure about anything yet.

Sorry about the that post as it was my first ever post on BF :thumbsu:

Sylvia averaged 95+ in the second half of last year which is the best of off forwards under 23 for the second half of last year. He is fairly consistent. His only worry is suspension.

Delidio is a similar player to Sylvia although probably has more upside and more consistent.

Stokes IMO should get back to his 08 form if he has a spot in the team.

I disagree to what you say about Gary Rohan. He is a ready made footballer who the Swans really need.:p

Might be worth noting that Paul Roos has already said its highly unlikely that Rohan will get many games in 2010. He said jettas prospects were much higher. He might just be downplaying our first draft pick, but I think he is right - he is still skinny, and swans actually have a bit of depth that he would need to jump ahead of.

Link is on swans board in best 22 thread...

I'm tossing up a few ideas already.

Master Bate finished off the season pretty well
Could hopefully continue that form into 2010

Buddy, even though he's missing the first game is almost a lock for me at $375,000

I reckon Josh Hill is going to increase his average of 75.9 by around 10-15ppg, he also rounded out the season with some pretty noteworthy scores of 93, 93, 96 and 107 in round 18, 19, 20 and 21.

Mark Lecras And Cyril are going to be obvious choices for most, especially if they get more time in the midfield. The porpoise could be in the same boat.

Josh Kennedy has room for improvement and is pretty big lad and with the eagles mids getting better he should be getting more delivery.

K Tipppet is in my team with the crows looking like their onto something good for next year, but he will hopefully be an option in the ruck.

There are so many options, Hurley will be a gun, but in 2010? Ziebell, if he's a forward? Sidebottom proved his potential in the final against the crows, could keep that trend going after another pre season. Henderson if carlton play him forward? surely. Chris Mayne is cheap and shown he can mark and kick goals. Notte is also talked up heavily by the West Coast faithful.

Then there's all this years draftees, Trengove looks set to start straight away and not necessarily in the forward line. Cunnington also looks set to crank up with the start of the season. Freo have stated that they expect all their draftees to be ready to debut next year so we could assume Fyfe and Houghton should get games.

Yeah i agree, with Hill increasing his avg but i also think he could miss games, hes always broderline to get a game. Always between the pick 18-22 to get a gig and with Hall and other young kids he probably wont play 20+ and is he going to be a keeper?

Now with Buddy its interesting, by looking back over the year the teams that are successful choose keepers such as buddy and get at least 20+ games out of them and that is why there so successful, durability. I think Buddy misses the first round so i would think he would only be a right pick if he was to only miss 1 or 2 max more games for the rest of the season and with suspension points against him, its likely he could miss more.

Lecras, yeah many will be over him and i reckon he could be the player that hurts sides next year, everyone will have him and im going to question his improvment. I think he will played deep to goal and wont get midfield time, the eagles side has to many midfielder and with Dalziell being talked to play a HFF role than i see Lecras playing closer to goal. I thin he might have a similar year to that of porplyiza did last year.

Rioli, well alram bells should be ringing when they picked up Hooper, similar player to rioli just not as good and should take that FP role. This may mean that the hawks are looking to play both Hooper and Rioli forward with Williams gone or they are going to use Rioli in the midfield alot more. But can they fit in Burgoyne, Lewis, Ellis, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Bateman, C.Young and Rioli time in the midfield?

But can they fit in Burgoyne, Lewis, Ellis, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Bateman, C.Young and Rioli time in the midfield?

absolutely. how often will they all be playing? i thought young was in doubt for a start. Bateman will do a hammy at some stage and hodgey will get injured for some too. Same with Ellis.

But can they fit in Burgoyne, Lewis, Ellis, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Bateman, C.Young and Rioli time in the midfield?

absolutely. how often will they all be playing? i thought young was in doubt for a start. Bateman will do a hammy at some stage and hodgey will get injured for some too. Same with Ellis.
And Lewis will get reported.;)

But yeah, Rioli should still get more midfield time.

I suppose barely any side gets their best 22 at on the field for any given round. Will be inetersting to see the hawks best 22

Theres about 30 players that can lay claim to being best 22. The selectors are going to have a seriously tough time this year, can only be a good thing though. :D

Theres about 30 players that can lay claim to being best 22. The selectors are going to have a seriously tough time this year, can only be a good thing though. :D

I had a look at the Hawks' senior list and made a five minute attempt (and probably failed miserably :p):

Guerra - Gilham - Gibson
Birchall - Croad - Hodge
Bateman - Mitchell - Young
Rioli - Franklin - Lewis
Brown - Roughead - Osbourne
Renouf - Burgoyne - Sewell
Taylor - Ladson - Ellis - Schoenmakers

Whitecross - Hooper - Dowler

It's certainly not easy to fit them all in.

Thats a pretty decent effort. Im not sure that Croad will make it back, so you can replace him with Shoenmakers. Players you have missed include Shiels (likely to play a fair few games), Savage, Muston, Morton, Peterson, Bailey (if he gets fit, will replace Taylor in a heartbeat) and Milne. Not all of those are best 22 yet, but IMO Shiels will be by the end of the season, and a few others will go close.

But yeah, back on topic - I think the drafting of Hooper is more of a sign that Rioli will play (more) midfield next year. My one main concern with taking Rioli away from the F50 was the loss of his tackling pressure, but Hoops can definitely fill the void there.

One to watch PS I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back