DT Midfielders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to fanplanner Rhys Palmer is around the 290k mark. Could be a decent prospect depending on how his pre season goes of course. I'm still not sure if I want to take the risk with his knee. But still plenty of time to decide.:thumbsu:

According to fanplanner Rhys Palmer is around the 290k mark. Could be a decent prospect depending on how his pre season goes of course. I'm still not sure if I want to take the risk with his knee. But still plenty of time to decide.:thumbsu:

If he is 290k and looks good in Pre Season he is a lock for me!!

Some good info on Palmer
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,26325393-5016212,00.html

FREMANTLE midfielder Rhys Palmer is confident he will be ready to return during the NAB Cup.

Palmer, winner of the 2008 Rising Star Award, tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Round 5 last season but said he was on track to return during the early stages of the NAB Cup.

"It's not so much a goal - NAB Cup - but just to get my body right and then it's up to Mark Harvey to see where I'm at," Palmer said.

"At the moment I'm on track for a couple of NAB games.

"I just can't wait to get back out there and start playing footy again."

What do people think about John McCarthy? I've heard from many C'Wood supporters that he oozes class and is way above the VFL standard. He does have a few injury issues, namely hammy injuries but he is dirt cheap and rated very highly. I think he has a place in Colllingwood's 22 if they don't get Luke Ball. Would have been nice if he wasn't a late inclusion in round 22 but at about 215k i think he could be a good option.

Anyone think he is value?

What do people think about John McCarthy? I've heard from many C'Wood supporters that he oozes class and is way above the VFL standard. He does have a few injury issues, namely hammy injuries but he is dirt cheap and rated very highly. I think he has a place in Colllingwood's 22 if they don't get Luke Ball. Would have been nice if he wasn't a late inclusion in round 22 but at about 215k i think he could be a good option.

Anyone think he is value?

Too early to say without looking at his pre season and nab cup. There is potential value there. The downside is obviously injury and that he is a mid only. Being a mid the premiums average 105+ so would think he would have to be an upgrade.

Too early to say without looking at his pre season and nab cup. There is potential value there. The downside is obviously injury and that he is a mid only. Being a mid the premiums average 105+ so would think he would have to be an upgrade.
Good point chad. At his value from last season he would be a handy pick-up depending on his preseason form and how much gametime he'll be given.

Sam Mitchell anyone?

Averaged ~ 102 in 2009.

Last 4 years has played 20+ games

And certainly a good captain option as he pulls out a lot of 120+ scores.

Priced at ~ 472k, certainly on my short list for 2010 with the Hawks poised for a tope 4 year.

His stats were inflated last year, as he spent a lot of the time as a reciever along the HB line. With injuries behind him, expect him to be more an inside player next year. Cant see him increasing his average, more likely for it to drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the Hawks poised for top 4? I think most teams have figured out the rolling zone.

Have a look at their list and come back to me. They lack in no department bar rucks, which Geelong have proved you do not need to be a premier team. With the additions of Gibson and Burgoyne and some injured players back including full pre seasons I can easily see them finishing top 2.

Posted by m0nty at the start of the year.

"With Robert Campbell, Campbell Brown, Luke Hodge and Grant Birchall all possible late withdrawals from their lingering injuries, the emergency list for the Hawks will get a workout from fantasy coaches."

Birchall, Hodge etc limped through the 2008 premiership, had no pre-season and were significantly underdone by the time Rd.1 came around. Considering the majority of Hawkers will be in pre-season early this year that will have a huge impact in 2010.

Have a look at their list and come back to me. They lack in no department bar rucks, which Geelong have proved you do not need to be a premier team. With the additions of Gibson and Burgoyne and some injured players back including full pre seasons I can easily see them finishing top 2.

I have looked at their list, but games aren't played on paper, and injuries can re-occur.

His stats were inflated last year, as he spent a lot of the time as a reciever along the HB line. With injuries behind him, expect him to be more an inside player next year. Cant see him increasing his average, more likely for it to drop.
Impact of burgoyne though? Take the tag and that spot inside?

I think he's a good downgrade target - sort of player like stanton (or as scott thompson did this year) who can plunge after a couple of tags or bad games and then you can jump on at 360-280k and have someone average 105 for the rest of the year.

Mitchell is always good for 3 x 40s over the course of the year but pretty consistently no more than that. If he gets a couple early jump on board. This year he had 2 40s by round 6 and if you jumped on board then you were laughing all the way to the bank.

Hello Kane Cornes :) against Port last year 45 and 75

On Kornes, I read yesterday that they want to take him out of the midfield and use him off half-back. Doesn't really make sense to me considering how good a runner Kornes is, but it could have some interesting DT ramifications for both Kornes and guys like Boak, Hartlett and Salopek.

Not interested in Kornes at all in 2010, will be staying away from as many PA players as possible.

Im not saying to jump on him, im saying he is why sam mitchell gets some 40 games :) kane tags the crap outta him. :)

Kane's value is obviously that he will play 22 games, but not enough value imho to be selected from the start of DT.

Im not saying to jump on him, im saying he is why sam mitchell gets some 40 games :) kane tags the crap outta him. :)

Kane's value is obviously that he will play 22 games, but not enough value imho to be selected from the start of DT.

Yer good point, will keep watching his progress through pre season though.

Interesting to see what people do in the mids this year, their doesnt seem to be that quality around the 80avg marks as recent years, maybe just havnt looked harder enough yet but i dont see a whole lot i like.

Also their are some proven gems that are very cheap but are they durable trouble or suspension trouble. Are they wroth getting for the first 6-8 weeks and than trading away?

And what about the super strength i see in the midfield rookies, IMO looks stronger than ever especially from the draft. Scully, Trengove, Martin, Morabito, Cunnington (all these 5 are ready made) than players like Lucas, Melksham should experience senior games along with mature age recruit Jetta. Their also the likes Shuey and Blease who are rated highly by their clubs and others.

The structure will again be interesting in the mids, also a fair bit of talk around of "lets just start with the 2 or 3 stars, Ablett and Swan and maybe even Montagna" expensive but cant go to wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back