DT Rucks 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have Mitch Clark in contention, what does the arrival of Fevola mean?

The way I see it, it will only be a negative factor. With the predicted return of Leunberger and/or Charman, I would have assumed Clark would possibly juggle ruck time with some time deep in the forward 50. Now with their three pronged attack, there may not be room for a 4th tall in the forward line. However, I still believe there is an outside chance Bradshaw may become a key-position Backmen for Brisbane.

Either way, his options become a little more limited with the arrival of Fevola I believe. In Brennan they already have a roaming tall midfielder, so that in itself can be detrimental to Clark's potential. It was no coincidence that Clark began to flourish last year when provided with an abundance of opportunity (position, ground time), and i'm a little weary on what his role will be next year.

Definitely one to keep an eye on come pre-season time.

For those who have Mitch Clark in contention, what does the arrival of Fevola mean?

The way I see it, it will only be a negative factor. With the predicted return of Leunberger and/or Charman, I would have assumed Clark would possibly juggle ruck time with some time deep in the forward 50. Now with their three pronged attack, there may not be room for a 4th tall in the forward line. However, I still believe there is an outside chance Bradshaw may become a key-position Backmen for Brisbane.

Either way, his options become a little more limited with the arrival of Fevola I believe. In Brennan they already have a roaming tall midfielder, so that in itself can be detrimental to Clark's potential. It was no coincidence that Clark began to flourish last year when provided with an abundance of opportunity (position, ground time), and i'm a little weary on what his role will be next year.

Definitely one to keep an eye on come pre-season time.

Yeah your right, he performed at an AA level last year but Vossy is in love with Fev and will try to hide Mitch Clark in some hidden corner of the GABBA. :rolleyes:

He also might play him loose through half back to help out their undersized backs we he will get easy third man up marks and uncontested possession...

From both a DT and non-DT perspective, I would love to see Mitch Clark in the side as a back up ruckmen, playing accross the wing and floating back. Showed that he has the tank, competitiveness and ability to do so this year. I guess the only question mark hanging over Clark in this type of role be the quality of his disposal.

By going in with a Clark/Leuenberger combo we can go in with one more runner (which Clark himself is, anyway) which should enable us to get more numbers to the ball. Having Staker and Clark to fill a hole across half back should also release the Adcock, Drummond, McGrath types from their defensive posts a little more freely to deliver going forward.

Can't see Charman getting a run this year, barring massive form slump or injury from Mitch Clark or Matthew Leuenberger. Time will tell there.

DT wise, I'd guess that in that second ruck, defensive wingman role that Mitch's points would take a bit of a dive.

M.Clark will be the number one ruck next year, with Leunenberger being the back up ruck. M.Clard dominated and became the 3rd best ruck, its not like he doesnt win hitouts. Bradshaw to defiatnly play CHB, I can see the big 3 working at once. Clark will push forward and off the ground for a rest.

FB: Merrett
CHB: Bradshaw

CHF: Brown
FF: Fevola

Ruck: M.Clark
Back up Ruck (bench): most likely Leunberger maybe Charman.

Yeah your right, he performed at an AA level last year but Vossy is in love with Fev and will try to hide Mitch Clark in some hidden corner of the GABBA. :rolleyes:

He also might play him loose through half back to help out their undersized backs we he will get easy third man up marks and uncontested possession...

Way to take to completely exaggerate my point, well done hero. And as the Gabba is oval shaped like all AFL grounds, there are no corners.

Did you even read what I posted?

The point I was making is that it is relatively unheard of to play four big talls in the one forward line. This was one avenue to Clark's scoring last year when he would 'rest' deep in the forward line. I was just suggesting that this may dry up next year with the arrival of Fevola. Take King and Gardiner from my own club for example. We only have Riewoldt and Koschitzke, and you rarely see Gardiner or King (especially) resting forward throughout the game, and their scores are hindered by it.

Surely both starting rucks selected must be premiums. Not worth the risk imo

Sandilands, Cox/Brennan for me atm.

Not for me next year. I think a Seaby-Mumford-Currie combination will offer good value. Surely one will become a keeper and the other can be upgraded.

Not for me next year. I think a Seaby-Mumford-Currie combination will offer good value. Surely one will become a keeper and the other can be upgraded.

I think that might be a popular option for next season. The two new inclusions are definate starters next season. They may not be the highest scoring combo, but the option for a trade or upgrade would be feasable, because youd think their values would start rather low.
I like Kruezer as a forward/ruck option. Cox may start the season 'cheaper' than other seasons due to his lower scores in 09 due to injury, but youd expect him to be atleast 400k regardless.
Therell always be a cheaper suprise packet like a Mitch Clarke, you just have to be brave enough to get them early on in the season.

Is there any news on Hille. Maybe the essondon supporters have some info on how his knee rehab is going. I hope he is ready by round 1, but IIRC i think he got injured in the 4th or 5th round? Much like palmer.

Not a bad strategy Atavistic. The rucks present many more options than previous years with doubts creeping in about Cox' durability and Hille and co coming back off injuries. I've currently got Kreuzer and Tippett pencilled in as I think they are both fair picks for a 10pt improvement without too many risks but the Swans pair is certainly worth a good think.

Not a bad strategy Atavistic. The rucks present many more options than previous years with doubts creeping in about Cox' durability and Hille and co coming back off injuries. I've currently got Kreuzer and Tippett pencilled in as I think they are both fair picks for a 10pt improvement without too many risks but the Swans pair is certainly worth a good think.

Theyll both definately improve point wise, but be prepared to forkout abit for Tippett. He wont be starting anywhere near the value he started at last season(started under 200k and finished around 250k). I wouldnt be suprised if hes starting value is around the 350k mark. He showed he had the ability to be a big game player in the 09 finals series.

Theyll both definately improve point wise, but be prepared to forkout abit for Tippett. He wont be starting anywhere near the value he started at last season(started under 200k and finished around 250k). I wouldnt be suprised if hes starting value is around the 350k mark. He showed he had the ability to be a big game player in the 09 finals series.

Hey Tranquilli!@ Have you used Fanplanner yet? The site www.fanfooty.com.au has a facility for you to muck around planning a team with estimated (usually pretty accurate) prices for players. Yes Tippett is $337900 on Fanplanner.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atavistic are you planning on using those three as your top three rucks? Or choosing a premium and then those three? I agree that there is a lot of potential bargains to be had next season, but im cautious about starting off without one top liner.

At the stage im thinking of a Sandilands/Renouf/Hille setup. I dont think Hille will be fully fit at the start of the season, but im happy to stash him on the bench. He can either be used as a cash cow, or if he does well enough, keep him and trade Renouf. Hille is an injury worry, but at his price he will be hard to ignore.

Hey Tranquilli!@ Have you used Fanplanner yet? The site www.fanfooty.com.au has a facility for you to muck around planning a team with estimated (usually pretty accurate) prices for players. Yes Tippett is $337900 on Fanplanner.:thumbsu:

Aha, no i havnt. I was just guesstimating, based on past years experience with the way values have changed. Im going to jump on that site and suss it out.
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure they can top 150 points combined.

Hawthorn, Geelong, St.Kilda and a bunch of others I can't be bothered thinking of are teams that carry two "full-time" rucks as opposed to a "pinch hitter" back up. I'd be interested to see how often these combo's go over 150 per game.

I think Gardiner & King are a good comparison to Seaby & Mumford. G & K averaged a combined 117.3, given Seaby & Mumford might do better, but 30pts better?

Hawthorn, Geelong, St.Kilda and a bunch of others I can't be bothered thinking of are teams that carry two "full-time" rucks as opposed to a "pinch hitter" back up. I'd be interested to see how often these combo's go over 150 per game.

I think Gardiner & King are a good comparison to Seaby & Mumford. G & K averaged a combined 117.3, given Seaby & Mumford might do better, but 30pts better?

G & K played a combined 33 out of 44 possible games so not a good comparison. You'd need to add McEvoys 11 game contribution in when one of G or K were out and then you would get around 150ppg.

G & K played a combined 33 out of 44 possible games so not a good comparison. You'd need to add McEvoys 11 game contribution in when one of G or K were out and then you would get around 150ppg.

I'm not sure you know how averages work mate...

King - 16 games x 53.6 Ave = 857.6
Gardi - 17 games x 63.7 Ave = 1082.9
McEvoy - 11 games x 44.1 Ave = 485.1

Total - 44 games @ 2425.6 points
Total per game = 110.25

Add McEvoy and the average goes down, nice call on adding McEvoy to equal 150ppg though.

I'm not sure you know how averages work mate...

King - 16 games x 53.6 Ave = 857.6
Gardi - 17 games x 63.7 Ave = 1082.9
McEvoy - 11 games x 44.1 Ave = 485.1

Total - 44 games @ 2425.6 points
Total per game = 110.25

Add McEvoy and the average goes down, nice call on adding McEvoy to equal 150ppg though.

Quite right;my bad:eek:.

Toss a coin with Fraser. It could pay off or it could go very wrong. Depending on form and fitness he may be in and out of the side if Wood comes good in the resies.

He's way too injury prone, regardless of where he plays. You're better off punting on Ottens instead IMO.

I agree with you on the Fraser part, but i copped it nicely with Ottens last year when he got injured early in the season. It can happen with any player though, so its all luck. I keep falling into the same trap every year with injury prone players. As much of a gun as he is, Chapman burns me every year.

I agree with you on the Fraser part, but i copped it nicely with Ottens last year when he got injured early in the season. It can happen with any player though, so its all luck. I keep falling into the same trap every year with injury prone players. As much of a gun as he is, Chapman burns me every year.

You weren't the only one with Chapman. I know I've said it before, but I will never pick him ever again regardless of how well he is playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back