Dual positioned players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really only used it last year for the rucks and Tippett was a disaster. This year with the extended bench its a lot easier but im not worrying about the rucks instead having a ruck bench that will play games regardless of being good scorers. So far most of my bench players are MPP to go with keepers i would of picked if MPP or not.

Dual Position Players.

Wondering what peoples thoughts were in regards to choosing your team with more DPP's rather than players you might otherwise choose so you can cover players during bye's more effectively .
For example, Dr Dreamteam suggested choosing Petrie in the FWD line and J Tippet As a second bench ruck. That way, when Sandilands has a bye you can put Tippet on the FWD bench and use Petrie in the ruck.
There are so many options you could use this way in the midfield but it would mean missing out on better players in some circumstances .
Strategically this is probably a good way to go given the situation with the bye's. Just interested in peoples thoughts and opinions as whether they'll use this approach more this year.
Cheers.

Re: Dual Position Players.

Late in the year with trades limited and the very likely case of carrying donuts on your bench I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't set my team up for it though, because you're weakening your team for little benefit assuming you've selected players that will be playing consistently through the year.

It's a safety net, if you can move players around to fit into DPP's then do it, but also make sure you pick players that can play.
Instead of Dr Dream teams selection, put a player on your ruck bench that will play like Z.Smith, so you dont need to swap players around.
It's up to the individual whether you want to have a random on your bench to make use of the MPP option or put a player there that will play to avoid having to use the MPP option. In the case of the rucks I wouldn't use it becuase Tippet is just taking up space. Around the ground it is a very useful tactic though because of hte quality of the MPP's available.

Other then Heppell, Hibberd, Prestia and Mzungu, I haven't been able to identify man rookie DPPs. Finding a good one could be the key for a lot of players.

There's a handful of forward/mids that might get games that you missed: Callinan, Schneider, Smith.

Will accept Smith. Very likely to get games.

Schneider I don't know much about.

But not sold on Callinan. Have him in my team atm because he saves 20 or 30k, but as to if he plays regulary we will have to wait and see.

But not sold on Callinan. Have him in my team atm because he saves 20 or 30k, but as to if he plays regulary we will have to wait and see.

His scores will not be very high, he will get 50 or 60 at most, and should play most games. If you need a mid/fwd MPP he will slot in nicely but I wouldn't be relying on him to come off the bench with much support.

Hodgy on tv rated him......nuggety player with football smarts was his quote

Hodgy on tv rated him......nuggety player with football smarts was his quote

I wouldnt read that much into it, Hodge is hardly going to come out and say he is crap. He has a big task ahead of him to break into the team. Will be pushing for selection no doubt but will be behind a handfull of other players. I wouldnt expect to see alot from him this year, maybe 10-12 games at most.

10-12 should be more than enough if he is being used as a cash cow.
It's more a case of when he gets the games (assuming he is in fact picked) that poses an issue.

10-12 should be more than enough if he is being used as a cash cow.
It's more a case of when he gets the games (assuming he is in fact picked) that poses an issue.

True, I cant see him retaining a spot in the first 22 with any consistency. Will most likely get games as players are rested. Not reliable enough for me to consider though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back