Dyson - Tell me

Remove this Banner Ad

bLuEMoOsE

All Australian
Aug 4, 2003
Melbourne, Eltham
Other Teams
Essendon/Blackburn
Alot of talk around essendon board (LLoydy!!!) is saying we sahould be picking him up who and what is he, looming at our squad we have huge depth but maybe lack 1 more KPP (forward line) is Dyson a Midfielder back forward wing help!

midfield with great pace and height, great kick seriously is going to be huge..hes a burst type player exactly what dons need..

Originally posted by Lloydy!
midfield with great pace and height, great kick seriously is going to be huge..hes a burst type player exactly what dons need..
gee thats a big rap for him, should go number 1 on that assessment.

in my mind, from what ive seen, i reckon top 3 he should be, but suppose its a strong draft
How often have you seen him play ?
He might make the 1st round but I cant see why he could be rated so highly.

i saw everygame he played for vic metro and some of the highlights from his u/18
Well I saw those games plus several others in which he played and I think you have rated him at a premium.
He is a good player but I cant see why you would have him as top three just from the Vic Metro games.
Hope he does well

27 Ricky Dyson Northern Knights Aug 28, 85 181 cm 75 kg

Medium, outside forward/midfielder with pace. Penetrating left foot kick who is dangerous from outside 50. Has leadership qualities and sets example through high work ethic. Member AIS-AFL Academy in 2002. All-Australian U/18 in 2003. From Epping FC.

Camp Results
Agility: 3rd (8.14)
20-metre sprint: =7th (2.96)
Vertical jump (standing): =10th (61cm)
Beep Test: 3rd (14.7)
3km run: N/A but pretty sure he was Top 10.

Only categories he didn't make the Top 10 was the running vertical leap.

Was very keen on Essendon getting Dyson right after the draft camp. Now not so sure. Only reason being is that Essendon have a host of young wingmen/HFF's with pace after drafting a stack the past two years. See Winderlich, Walsh, Reynolds, Haynes etc. Now I know that it's not certain that these blokes will go to the next level due to their youth, but Sheedy is very confident in all of these, especially Winderlich and Reynolds. I now feel Dyson may end up somewhere other than Essendon.

Essendon are most interested in Ricky Dyson - and he himself is quite keen to go there after their meeting in Canberra a couple of weeks ago.

Have stressed if he is still around by pick 6, they'll be after him.

Originally posted by OldSchool
Well I saw those games plus several others in which he played and I think you have rated him at a premium.
He is a good player but I cant see why you would have him as top three just from the Vic Metro games.
Hope he does well

Agreed. No way a Top 3 Pick, maybe somewhere from 9-15 OldSchool?

Originally posted by bozza
Was very keen on Essendon getting Dyson right after the draft camp. Now not so sure. Only reason being is that Essendon have a host of young wingmen/HFF's with pace after drafting a stack the past two years. See Winderlich, Walsh, Reynolds, Haynes etc. Now I know that it's not certain that these blokes will go to the next level due to their youth, but Sheedy is very confident in all of these, especially Winderlich and Reynolds. I now feel Dyson may end up somewhere other than Essendon.

Exactly.

If we want a midfielder, we'd be better off looking at someone like McLean who will add some creativity and savvy at the stoppages.

A key defender is the other thing we need. It may be possible for us to snare Chaplin at pick #6, but then our options for a good inside midfielder at pick #13 significantly decrease. Perhaps McLean's partner in crime Adam Bentick will still be around. He always seems to find a lot of the ball and he uses it well.

Originally posted by bozza
Agreed. No way a Top 3 Pick, maybe somewhere from 9-15 OldSchool?
There are some times when a club takes a particular fancy to a player and drafts them a lot earlier than other teams would have so I am not saying that he will not go early but I cant see the logic based on the three Metro games for him to be considered a top 3 candidate.
I could however, see why someone would rate Cooney so highly.
9 to 15 seems about right for Dyson but if clubs want to go for the limited talls on offer he might even slip a little further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I can gather, Essendon would like to take the best available player at #6 (possible Clarke or Walker) and then Dyson or Chaplin at #13.

If we get Andrew Walker with pick 6, which is a real possibility, i doubt very much that we would take Dyson with 13. If we did we would have about 6 outside midfielders under the age of 20 on our list! We would be better off choosing an inside midfielder such as McLean (would be a great choice) or a KPP (possibly Mundy as a key back, Chaplin wont be there).

Originally posted by Hosko
If we get Andrew Walker with pick 6, which is a real possibility, i doubt very much that we would take Dyson with 13. If we did we would have about 6 outside midfielders under the age of 20 on our list! We would be better off choosing an inside midfielder such as McLean (would be a great choice) or a KPP (possibly Mundy as a key back, Chaplin wont be there).

Walker is an inside midfielder, as are Tenace, Sylvia and Cooney - according to draft camp profiles anyway.

I think Sylvia and Walker will both be gone before pick #6. I think our best bet will be one of Tenance or Ray. One of the Calder boys, McLean or Bentick, would be outsiders, as would Ryley Dunn. Dunn is the sort of player that Sheedy likes, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if we pick him up.

But I think we should take a punt on Tenance or Ray since they are quite creative players.

Originally posted by Stevo
I think Sylvia and Walker will both be gone before pick #6. I think our best bet will be one of Tenance or Ray. One of the Calder boys, McLean or Bentick, would be outsiders, as would Ryley Dunn. Dunn is the sort of player that Sheedy likes, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if we pick him up.

But I think we should take a punt on Tenance or Ray since they are quite creative players.

Isn't Tenace touted as the no. 2 pick? Surely he will be gone by Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson - Tell me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back