Early Era Magpies playing list

Remove this Banner Ad

I was given by my mum yesterday a medallion given to my grandfather in 1930 for being the "King of Football" for the college he played for in Adelaide. I was then told that my grandfather player for the Port Adelaide reserves, something I was not aware of. Is there anyway I can clarify if he did infact play for the maggies. Does anyone here have player lists form the 1930's or 40's. I'm surprised i was never told of my grandathers sporting ability and especially the fact he played for the maggies.

I was given by my mum yesterday a medallion given to my grandfather in 1930 for being the "King of Football" for the college he played for in Adelaide. I was then told that my grandfather player for the Port Adelaide reserves, something I was not aware of. Is there anyway I can clarify if he did infact play for the maggies. Does anyone here have player lists form the 1930's or 40's. I'm surprised i was never told of my grandathers sporting ability and especially the fact he played for the maggies.

If he got any senior games he'll be listed in "100 years with the Magpies" - has year by year lists of everyone who got a game for the seniors from early on up to 1969. Doesn't cover reserves or Colts much, may list some medallists and a few anecdotes, that's about it. On the off chance your granddad got a senior game along the way feel free to PM me a name and I'll flick through 1930-1949 senior lists tonight if you want.

If that comes up blank I'd suggest you contact the club directly. Who knows how well we've preserved our archives. Do we even have an honorary club historian these days in the John Wood type role ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back