Current Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Police have arrested a man in Italy over the 1977 murders of Suzanne Armstrong and Susan Bartlett in their Easey Street home. He fled Australia in 2017 after he became aware he was a suspect.

The man fled to Greece and couldn’t be arrested because local laws meant charges must be laid within seven years of the offence.

The Easey Street murders are still unsolved.

EaseyStGregory.png

Police have waited those 15 years for him to leave Greece so he could be arrested. They will now seek to extradite him to Melbourne to face the charges.

A police spokesperson confirmed a 65-year-old dual citizen of Australia and Greece was arrested at an airport in Rome in the early hours on Friday.

For you russian bots , long unsolved double murder in Melbourne

Last edited by a moderator:
Designed by a Mr Conti, a Greek clothier in the Thornbury neighbourhood to the north of the city, Connies were picked up on by Sharpies for their tight fit.

I had to look up what a Connie was - seems to be the Kappa of Melbourne

View attachment 2123191

Sorry, I spelled Connie wrong, it's Conny in here.

Most Sharpie gangs were of mixed ethnic heritage - Anglo-Celtic, Greek, Italian, and Yugoslav – especially because the subculture really began in suburbs like Coburg, Collingwood and Brunswick, all with big migrant populations.

The tight knitted cardigans were from Sams and Conte (which became known as a Conny). Sam’s had checks in the knit – Conte had stripes. The Conny became an essential part of the wardrobe. Some were round-necked, some v-necked and others had a Crestknit style collar. There was a small belt buttoned at the lower back, and they had pocket flaps, 5 buttons and stripes of varying widths and colours. Initially they were worn as a slim-fit – and later became tighter and tighter until the sleeves just covered the forearms and it was as short as a midriff top. In the sixties, Sharpies bought their shoes from Acropolis and Venus in Richmond, or Kosmano’s in Collingwood and Mediterranean in Kensington. Initially these shoes were points, but they developed into chisel toes in either suede or two-tone leather with a Cuban heel. Basket weave was highly desirable, and with an all leather sole and stacked heel. These shoes could be bought off the shelf – but handmade custom shoes were a point of pride for the Sharp.

Sorry, I spelled Connie wrong, it's Conny in here.

Most Sharpie gangs were of mixed ethnic heritage - Anglo-Celtic, Greek, Italian, and Yugoslav – especially because the subculture really began in suburbs like Coburg, Collingwood and Brunswick, all with big migrant populations.

The tight knitted cardigans were from Sams and Conte (which became known as a Conny). Sam’s had checks in the knit – Conte had stripes. The Conny became an essential part of the wardrobe. Some were round-necked, some v-necked and others had a Crestknit style collar. There was a small belt buttoned at the lower back, and they had pocket flaps, 5 buttons and stripes of varying widths and colours. Initially they were worn as a slim-fit – and later became tighter and tighter until the sleeves just covered the forearms and it was as short as a midriff top. In the sixties, Sharpies bought their shoes from Acropolis and Venus in Richmond, or Kosmano’s in Collingwood and Mediterranean in Kensington. Initially these shoes were points, but they developed into chisel toes in either suede or two-tone leather with a Cuban heel. Basket weave was highly desirable, and with an all leather sole and stacked heel. These shoes could be bought off the shelf – but handmade custom shoes were a point of pride for the Sharp.

Memories. We had maybe half a dozen sharps at Mordy high, one of them was a real violent psycho, who I suspect came to a bad end. My friends and I got chased out of a pinball parlour in Chelsea by the local sharps. Our provocation was we were using their favourite pinball machine, fortunately as a young man I had a bit of speed. They were always very territorial.

Memories. We had maybe half a dozen sharps at Mordy high, one of them was a real violent psycho, who I suspect came to a bad end. My friends and I got chased out of a pinball parlour in Chelsea by the local sharps. Our provocation was we were using their favourite pinball machine, fortunately as a young man I had a bit of speed. They were always very territorial.
A guy I went to school with was involved in a notorious incident in which someone lost a limb.

He later lost a leg running away from the police.

Came full circle!

Perry has rats tails in that image, you can see them and their shadow.
Don't think so, it's more of a grown over skinhead cut.
Sharpies had different cuts.

Sydney road Coburg had the busiest Connie cardigan shop.it was a 2 week wait for your personal colour choice piece.
There was thomastown sharps, Glenroy sharps,broady skinheads,and another 2 or from Glenroy named after places like Justin Avenue.
Most of northern suburb sharps had thier Moniker tattooed on thier throat.
All losers who went nowhere in life.

In Broady we had " skinny rib " cardigans & jumpers.
Different suburbs, different names.

Nah skinny ribs were polo neck or v neck jumpers, tight and also often striped.
Connies were different being cardigans, see below from an exhibition in Fitzroy
Also mocassins (mockies) were the foot wear de jour if you weren't wearing stacked shoes.
345643647_1961850890819513_2281630899229484459_n.jpg
345035373_797536674962008_9031254641311690094_n.jpg

Imagine investing that heavily in an image and identity only for it to just kinda go out of fashion.
It's actually still cult fashion here in Melbs.
There is a subsection that buy reproduced connies, tight faberge jeans and also treads.
I know a guy who has made a business out of it. You just have to look on FB to see they exist out there.
On the left the blue one was really typical of a connie.
11822885_10204725113878075_6768519734392877775_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually still cult fashion here in Melbs.
There is a subsection that buy reproduced connies, tight faberge jeans and also treads.
I know a guy who has made a business out of it. You just have to look on FB to see they exist out there.
On the left the blue one was really typical of a connie.
View attachment 2123507
Had one similar on the far right of picture.
A mate and myself had treads that lasted a decade and were worn daily.
Would buy again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Easey St Murders Collingwood * ARREST MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back