EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be short term pain for long term gain. Anyone know the reasoning behind it? I heard Carlisle is hard work. But don’t know what the issue is
Heard Bellino got dropped for disciplinary reasons - yelling at young team mates, not encouraging etc and some of them were over it. He said to the coach he doesn't play two's footy. He got dropped and my mail is next day Jake called the coach and said if Bellino isn't playing then I'm not and we're out. Not sure if that right but I heard it from a few people last Friday so seems close to the mark from other comments here. Shame for the burners to lose Carlisle because he ripped game apart that I've seen. But no player can be bigger than the club so if they are gone it's a brave decision but the right one for the club longer term imo

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard Bellino got dropped for disciplinary reasons - yelling at young team mates, not encouraging etc and some of them were over it. He said to the coach he doesn't play two's footy. He got dropped and my mail is next day Jake called the coach and said if Bellino isn't playing then I'm not and we're out. Not sure if that right but I heard it from a few people last Friday so seems close to the mark from other comments here. Shame for the burners to lose Carlisle because he ripped game apart that I've seen. But no player can be bigger than the club so if they are gone it's a brave decision but the right one for the club longer term imo

So Carlisle has cracked it because Bellino got dropped? Surely it has to be more then that? If not, then that’s very poor by both players, but especially Carlisle.

That’s a watered down version UTR but well said. No individual/s are bigger than a football club. Eagles gladly seeing the back of clearly there best and most dominant player and leading goal kicker probably tells you all you need to know mate. Club will bounce back. Fighting a real up hill battle now for this year as on top of this are now decimated with injury to other key players. Short term pain long term gain.

That’s a watered down version UTR but well said. No individual/s are bigger than a football club. Eagles gladly seeing the back of clearly there best and most dominant player and leading goal kicker probably tells you all you need to know mate. Club will bounce back. Fighting a real up hill battle now for this year as on top of this are now decimated with injury to other key players. Short term pain long term gain.
Sounds like current players from their "new" club aren't to happy with them arriving. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus save a few $$ and reload next year as you won’t get relegated so good thinking.

Got some good kids and don't want them leaving because of things like this. Very strong decision for the good of the club long term and have to applaud that.... plus both Bellino and Carlisle have had their way with us recently so we won't miss them. Haha

Got some good kids and don't want them leaving because of things like this. Very strong decision for the good of the club long term and have to applaud that.... plus both Bellino and Carlisle have had their way with us recently so we won't miss them. Haha

Applaud Jacobs & Craigieburn, setting the culture and buy in for a young group far greater investment than keeping around a couple talented players that are detrimental to that. Good to see a club show solidarity, back the coach and invest. Like Bissa said short term pain, long term gain. They have enough talent to keep the race for 5th alive

Applaud Jacobs & Craigieburn, setting the culture and buy in for a young group far greater investment than keeping around a couple talented players that are detrimental to that. Good to see a club show solidarity, back the coach and invest. Like Bissa said short term pain, long term gain. They have enough talent to keep the race for 5th alive
No chance of making finals for mine but will avoid the drop so no better time to play their kids then the present.

I’ve always been critical of Craigieburn as a club as I genuinely think they’ve squandered the potential Giant they could have been but decisions like this show a real directive and could only be viewed as positive.

Well done to the leadership down there if what has been said is factual.

Went to the St Albans v West Coburg game yesterday at Kings Park Reserve and what a great game it was. Close and tight for the first half and then St Albans kicked away in the 3rd quarter. Twenty minutes into the 3rd quarter St Albans were 14 point in front and looked like the winners. But ...... then WC kicked into gear and kicked the next 4 goals to be in front at the final change. St Albans had inexplicable stalled. It was all setup for a grand last quarter. The last quarter was a close dour struggle with neither team dominating. WC kicked the only goal of the quarter to run out winners. Well done. I took my camcorder with me and will upload my video on YouTube later today and share the link on this forum. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Any word on any other late transfers in or out?

Obviously the Craigieburn ones have been well publicised but has any other club snuck anyone in or lost anyone late?

Well we are past the half way point now
And the fight for 5th is well and truly
Who makes it and why and why don’t the others make it

Well we are past the half way point now
And the fight for 5th is well and truly
Who makes it and why and why don’t the others make it
Going to be a hard ask for Craigieburn (Carlisle/Bellino) & Roxy (Elliott/Farrelly) out for the season for different reasons. What an achievement if Oak Park pinched 5th spot

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back