Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Great turn out for a great cause.
Great to see some take it less seriously this yr.

Also, the crowd was better then that "more popular" game played in nsw and qld. Way to "stick it up em"

Scott West, Nick Stevens, Mickey O, Robbo, Aker, and Hutchy all couldn't help themselves really. Whether it was just their natural talent shining through or they put an effort in, they were well and truly too skilled for everyone else.

Heard some bogans were pissing off the top of level 3.

Looked a shocking crowd full of numpties. At least the cause is good.

Looked a shocking crowd full of numpties. At least the cause is good.

Was basically a strong showing of underagers mixed in with a fair few 'rats', old people and others.

You could tell it was holidays.

How big was the crowd? Anyway the nRL dont really care about the crowds, their ratings are massive. Have a look after tomorrow nights game, will be huge.

heraldsun says more than 20k attendance. not bad for a charity match at all

Board at the game said 26k something.

Pretty decent I would of though going off what I've seen on the TV over the years. 1st and 2nd levels almost full except for the medallion club on the one side of the ground which for some stupid reason wasn't opened to the public, leaving people to be herded up to the 3rd level when there would have been ample room and created a better atmosphere. Bizarre decision.

Not sure if it was televised, but there was a bit of controversy over the result. At the ground they told people who were leaving to stay seated because there would be a 'shoot-out' for the match, they interviewed Carey and everything. Then it was just called off and the Vics got it. Very anticlimactic but overall a decent night at the footy for a Tuesday...

The crowd for these games every year are 'big' because Ray White or whoever the sponsor is just give all the tickets away for free

The crowd for these games every year are 'big' because Ray White or whoever the sponsor is just give all the tickets away for free

And the ticket prices were rather cheap (adult $16, concession $8). Wouldn't draw nearly as impressive a crowd if it was charging AFL prices. Was a pretty 'young' crowd from what I saw. Mostly teenagers and families.

The ending of the match was retarded. I know it's only a celebrity charity match that doesn't mean anything but it was still stupid.

My friend who works for the foundation gave us free tickets. I wouldn't have paid to go. Glad I did go though because she then gave us tickets to the after party where free alcohol was provided :thumbsu:

Cringed every time the crowd cheered the unfunny turd Peter "Strauchanie" Helliar :thumbsdown: And they cheered every time he got the ball :eek:

I cannot describe my hate for that man. Horrible comedian who is clinging on to a character whom he should have stopped doing years ago. But for some reason people keep lapping his shit up and think it is funny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot describe my hate for that man. Horrible comedian who is clinging on to a character whom he should have stopped doing years ago. But for some reason people keep lapping his shit up and think it is funny

It's a mystery isn't it? The concept of an overweight useless log being drafted was mildly amusing at first, but the joke was over years ago. Just slapping on a stupid blonde wig and behaving like an idiot just doesn't cut it .. and yet there are some who find it all terribly amusing. Ah well, to each their own.

Yeah @TheKITC, the clock had actually run down to the end of the game LONG before Fitzy kicked that goal.

Siren should have gone at LEAST 5 seconds before that. They stuffed up in blowing the siren too late.

So they were GOING to have a shoot out for a bit of theatre, probably realised the All-Stars would have won it, and gave it to the Vics who technically won anyway.

And the ticket prices were rather cheap (adult $16, concession $8). Wouldn't draw nearly as impressive a crowd if it was charging AFL prices.

My friend who works for the foundation gave us free tickets. I wouldn't have paid to go.

Here here!! It's not like the game is purely for charity for a very good cause that gets far less screen time than some of the other 'causes'...

Point of whole night = well and truly missed by Admiral Afterworld :rolleyes:

Yeah @TheKITC, the clock had actually run down to the end of the game LONG before Fitzy kicked that goal.

Siren should have gone at LEAST 5 seconds before that. They stuffed up in blowing the siren too late.

So they were GOING to have a shoot out for a bit of theatre, probably realised the All-Stars would have won it, and gave it to the Vics who technically won anyway.
Three allstars took the mark in the forward pocket with 10 seconds to go.At least one should have been paid the mark.Not a bounce.
Anyway the game isn't over until the siren sounds ,regardless of the clock.
Fitzy kicked the ball brfore the siren.

Couldn't believe how seriously Aker appeared to be taking the game. I suspect the other players picked up on it as in what whas generally a non-contact game, there were some fairly agressive tackles laid on Aker.

The whole thing is a bit of fun and most players treat it as such. Having said that, they should give Ang Christou the flick. There's a fine line between having some fun and not making any effort whatsoever.

Great turn out for a great cause.
Great to see some take it less seriously this yr.

Also, the crowd was better then that "more popular" game played in nsw and qld. Way to "stick it up em"

Yeah well that "more popular" game in NSW and QLD is about to have one of the biggest and most watched events of the year on tonight.

Yep stuck it right up em':rolleyes:

Great turnout for a great cause. 25,086 i heard

Could tell a few were taking it way to seriously Stevens & Aker especially.

They do need better comedians/entertainers/nuffies next year..........Hutchy? really?:rolleyes: why?

Hellier? i can't understand the love for this guy, i just don't find him funny and i think his act is old now.

No BT in commentary? spewing, missed his little piss takes.

This thread's pretty funny... half of the people are saying the players took it too seriously, and the other half took the game too seriously themselves.

Stevens was awkward to watch the way he was playing hard. It was at least expected from Aker.

How the hell is Richard Champion in such good shape? The dude could still be playing.

Hutchy's first goal was amazing, whether you like the man or not (I don't). Showed more skill than 50% of footballers in the AFL today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ej whitten game crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back