Premier Lg EPL Matchday 38 (Manchester City Champions)

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a surreal day for me.

A week or so back, in a weaker moment (ie after a few pints on a Friday night), I told my kid that he could go in my seat for the final game of the season.

Next morning Mrs moomba came to me and said he's been talking about nothing else, did you really mean it?

So I found myself today outside the ground, trying to follow as best I could. Internet was rubbish, so tv on the phone was out. Pub closest to the ground had radio, but not tv. There was an event a mile away from the ground but I didn't want to be too far away in case there were problems with the lad (he's 14 and not been to a game by himself before).

Had messages from the boy, and my dad in Australia. And you could hear the crowd noise and get an idea what was happening.

Just got home, and still not seen a second of the game.

But very pleased with the result, and the achievement. Reading through the thread it may well have boiled some piss amongst opposition supporters, and some might not rate the achievement as highly as I do.

But my lad had a great day, as did I. And I'm very proud of the team and club. And for me, not much else matters when it comes to football.

Oh yeah, getting Doku and Kovacic while selling Palmer was some real high level cheating this season. How could anyone possibly compete
10-15 years of cheating have helped build this side..so far in front they could even afford Palmer stuff up.

Probably more to do with Pep being the GOAT manager than what other teams have spent(like when United had Fergie). Hopefully he doesn't hang around too much longer.
Relentless pursuit of winning and the standards he maintains is something else. Even Fergie had to sell players who he believed were impacting the dressing room for the good of the club almost every year. Whereas Pep seems to command nothing but respect at all times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arsenal are certainly doing their end of the bargain to change that against the juggernaut that is City.

Reality is though that 89 points isn’t enough to win the league in the current Pep era. Am very encouraged by Arteta’s words post match and he has the fire in his belly to improve even further. The next target needs to be to crack into the mid 90s points tally, however as Liverpool fans can attest to perhaps even that isn’t sufficient.

The next target needs to be to crack into the mid 90s points tally, however as Liverpool fans can attest to perhaps even that isn’t sufficient.
If Chelsea continue improving as they’ve done this calendar year plus improvement from Newcastle, Spurs and dare I say Utd then 89 points could be enough next season. Don’t think points in isolation are a good guide.

If Chelsea continue improving as they’ve done this calendar year plus improvement from Newcastle, Spurs and dare I say Utd then 89 points could be enough next season. Don’t think points in isolation are a good guide.

It’s more so an indicator of the standards need to eclipse them. I remember coming into this season, thinking perhaps City aren’t what they used to be, perhaps high 80s would be sufficient. However here we are, they just know what to do and when to do it to get it done.

Foden is some player. Best player in the league? If he isn't he is right up there.

Palace are going to be dangerous next season if they can hold on to the EMO tripod. I would love to take Eze off their hands.

Kudus goal was stunning.

What a ride, no shame in coming second to this City team. Monumental to be in it this long with them.

Looks like Arsenal found out just like Liverpool have on 3 other occasions that despite being nigh on impeccable in the second half of a season, it's extremely difficult to win a title with City under Pep hanging around.

I'm sure Arsenal supporters are delighted at the progession they've made under Arteta! 16-1-1 over their last 18 is a great way to finish the season. But, the second you fall behind City even by 1, 2, or 3 points... it's almost impossible to turn it around.

Man City
Man City
Liverpool
Man City
Man City
Man City
Man City

Are we the farmers league?
When it was Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all winning in the space of 5 years, I said no. But now it is.

When it was Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all winning in the space of 5 years, I said no. But now it is.
And that would be ...

Man City
Man City
Man City
Man City
Man City
Man City
Man City

If it werent for our other worldly season where even City couldnt keep up. They still easily finished 2nd too.

Cant see why they dont win it next year either.

Man City's dominance won't last forever, the Bundesliga and Serie A went through it for a decade with Bayern and Juve respectively before their reign finally came to an end.

At least most of the title races have come down to the last day, no one challenged Bayern and Juve in their runs (except Dortmund who choked on the last matchday).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back