Suspended
Jun 24, 2005
Paddo
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
point piper jelly wrestle
Played well, looking fitter.

Still want him out of the side ? or can you see his value now?

He seems to be improving and i think he might be able to regain his form in the next couple of games. If thats not the case then im looking forward to a possible Jolly - Currie combonition.

probalbly give him a couple of weeks to get his confidence back did look better against blues but still needs to do more around the ground, on balance a better bet then a young kid in the ruck who will take time to get used to the pace of afl level

I never wanted him out either. Commented in another thread that he looked like he was improving yesterday. A bloke his age was always going to struggle after an interupted preseason and a few niggles during the season. If he can play like that the rest of the year then he should retain his spot. If he improves then thats a bonus.

• Banned
I never wanted him out either. Commented in another thread that he looked like he was improving yesterday. A bloke his age was always going to struggle after an interupted preseason and a few niggles during the season. If he can play like that the rest of the year then he should retain his spot. If he improves then thats a bonus.

Many did though.

He will still need a couple more to get match fit, he is no spring chicken (despite his legs)

he has gotten better as the year has progressed for many reasons,

though i think we could be marooned next season if we elect to go another year with him (if he doesnt pull the pin himself).

Blood Currie, and get LRT to help.

Many did though.

He will still need a couple more to get match fit, he is no spring chicken (despite his legs)

so you saw no problem with spida's performance last week?
no reason to question whether he should be kept or dropped?
and even if you didn't, is it a problem that other swans fans DO question his performance and his worth to the side based on that (sub-par) performance?

let's see how he goes against a team with two good, mobile ruckmen

the fact is he's struggling and he has little mobility, or maybe you thought he moved well and without restriction against hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let's see how he goes against a team with two good, mobile ruckmen

the fact is he's struggling and he has little mobility, or maybe you thought he moved well and without restriction against hawthorn

None of those things, he just needed a few weeks to get match fitness and mobilty.

He is important to our structure, so should be in our side.

Happy to be proven wrong by him, and maybe it was match fitness after all.

Still would like Currie to be given a go at some point this season or next (with Everitt at the club). Given Jolly's improvement by observing Everitt, Currie could improve beyond the boundaries of a coach by being mentored by a player.

It was definitely a much better performance by Spida, and he must keep this up from now on. It was horrible to see Spida slowly grab the ball from the floor or fail to lay a tackle on the opponent. We need need a lot more from Spida seeing as our defence and forward are now two short (with all due respect to those who will replace Leo and MOL).

Rucks normally take along time to mature into AFL players, so i can understand Roo's not wanting to promote Currie into the seniors to soon. If you have seen Kruezer play he does well around the ground but gets found out in the Ruck contest. I am sure if carlton had other Ruck alternatives they would not of brought him into the team as quickly as they did.

I think that the education Currie is getting in the two's playing against men in the canberra comp and then training with Jolly and Everitt well set him up to become our number two ruckman next year.

Regarding Everitt this year i think he is our second best ruckmen and if fit he should be played for the rest of the year. Since his injury he has been steadily improving and i think he has more to offer at the moment then Currie.

I hope Everitt retires at the end of the year though because next year i really want to see Currie play 22 games and i dont want to see Everitt finish his outstanding carrer in the twos like some of the other players.

Rucks normally take along time to mature into AFL players, so i can understand Roo's not wanting to promote Currie into the seniors to soon. If you have seen Kruezer play he does well around the ground but gets found out in the Ruck contest. I am sure if carlton had other Ruck alternatives they would not of brought him into the team as quickly as they did.

I think that the education Currie is getting in the two's playing against men in the canberra comp and then training with Jolly and Everitt well set him up to become our number two ruckman next year.

Regarding Everitt this year i think he is our second best ruckmen and if fit he should be played for the rest of the year. Since his injury he has been steadily improving and i think he has more to offer at the moment then Currie.

I hope Everitt retires at the end of the year though because next year i really want to see Currie play 22 games and i dont want to see Everitt finish his outstanding carrer in the twos like some of the other players.

Spot on, agree with every point.

Spida just looked a lot more flexible with ground work and leaping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back