F & Y Socials

Remove this Banner Ad

:p North Footscray primary school did have a fantastic gurnsey ROYAL BLUE with white big V. sorry can't think of any side except NTH MELBOURNE VFL Heritage gurnsey THAT WAS SIMILAR

I remember those jumpers. I played my first school match for Tottenham North P.S. aginst North Footscray P.S in 1974.

I remember those jumpers. I played my first school match for Tottenham North P.S. aginst North Footscray P.S in 1974.

Great days indeed were totty nth -royal blue and marone there was 2 tottenham primary schools , braybrook had essendon, footscray state school had the old bulldogs jumper, maidstone had navy blue and white M , wst footscay primary had green and gold .CHEERS

Great days indeed were totty nth -royal blue and marone there was 2 tottenham primary schools , braybrook had essendon, footscray state school had the old bulldogs jumper, maidstone had navy blue and white M , wst footscay primary had green and gold .CHEERS
At Totty North we had a woolly dark maroon jumper with yellow cuffs & collar. In 1976 we all had to take our white shorts in & our art teacher dyed them yellow & sewed maroon strips along the sides. They looked flash. I can't believe colour TV never picked them up!
We also played against Sunshine East who wore green & white.
Yes, great days!!

I am after any info on F&Y Socials, my dad played for them in the 50's, he is turning 80 in October this year and I would love some info about the club and my dad as I am putting together a frame for him as one of his gifts, He wore number 13 (Basil George)
Thanks
Devina

Then which club was it that had the royal blue and white vee ? Someone said Maidstone and another thought it might be North Footscray Primary School in

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281558

Sunshine (VFA) had junior sides in the FDL in those days, and their colours were navy with the white yolk/V.

Is that possibly the club you were thinking of?

Oh, and Peter Welsh played juniors with F&Y. Dominated.

I am after any info on F&Y Socials, my dad played for them in the 50's, he is turning 80 in October this year and I would love some info about the club and my dad as I am putting together a frame for him as one of his gifts, He wore number 13 (Basil George)
Thanks
Devina

Hi Devina, I played at F&Y Socials but in the 60s and 70s so I cannot remember your dad unfortunately. A group of former players / administrators have an annual reunion at the Western Bulldogs FC and I know they have some old photos and details of players so here are their details below. Good luck and I wish your dad well.

If you or someone you know was associated with the F&Y Socials, please contact Barry Bennett on 0400-848-923 or Max Linehan on 0418-315-182

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[Qplayed with SunshineTE="go you pups, post: 40936899, member: 144372"]My uncles played there and with Welsh.

Can only go by what the old man says but he enjoyed watching the club when it was around.[/QUOTE]
I played with Sunshine U16s, and F&Y beat us in a preliminary final. We were 9 points down at 3/4 time and kicking with a gale in the last quarter (at Whitten Oval). Socials played like madmen, with Welsh marking everything. The margin was still 9 points at game's end!
Still having therapy over that one! lol

I played with Sunshine U16s, and F&Y beat us in a preliminary final. We were 9 points down at 3/4 time and kicking with a gale in the last quarter (at Whitten Oval). Socials played like madmen, with Welsh marking everything. The margin was still 9 points at game's end!
Still having therapy over that one! lol
GetDimmaBack I'll try and remember the next time I see my uncles and ask if they played in that particular game. Don't see them that often these days however, like once-twice a year if I'm lucky.

[Maybe you could also ask rTE="go you pups, post: 40938951, member: 144372"]GetDimmaBack I'll try and remember the next time I see my uncles and ask if they played in that particular game. Don't see them that often these days however, like once-twice a year if I'm lucky.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you could also ask them if they remember getting smashed by Spotswood in the GF. They were the best side all year. About '67, IIRC.
Richard Radziminski played for Spotty - the craziest dude I ever played against! By a mile.

NOT SO WOEFUL MR JOHN GENT. F & Y SOCIALS 4 FLAGS in division 1
Here is some more division one history
Parkside 14 flags, Braybrook 12, Spotswood 10, West Footscray 5, Seddon 5, St Albans 5, F & Y Socials 4, Deer PARK (ICI) 4, North Footscray 3, Albion 3, Kingsville 2, Hoppers Crossing 2, Yarraville 1, and Riverside 1,

division 2 records ????????????????? who can help????

NEXT QUESTION my late father talked about RIVERSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB do any of you oldies no there colours and gurnsey type. they played down on Parksides grounds before the war .
You missed Altona, they won one about 4 years ago. Just before Deer Park bankrupted the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

F & Y Socials

Remove this Banner Ad

Back