ALGY VOSILITIS

Senior List
Apr 11, 2005
TOTTY TECH
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BULLDOGS
Just been re reading the E J WHITTEN story , his son TEDDY JUNIOR played for F & Y SOCIALS I Know they shared Kingsville ground but i was wondering what colour anD gurnsey type they had.
CHEERS.:confused:

ALGY VOSILITIS said:
Just been re reading the E J WHITTEN story , his son TEDDY JUNIOR played for F & Y SOCIALS I Know they shared Kingsville ground but i was wondering what colour anD gurnsey type they had.
CHEERS.:confused:

They used to play across Francis st. at McIvor reserve as well I think.

I know i`m showing my age here but I played with Ted Jnr at Footscray & Yarraville Socials in the late 60`s, early 70`s before the club folded and I played in their last team. The old wollen jumpers were yellow with a dark green yolk and we had the main clubrooms in Roberts Street which we shared with Kingsville and we were never across at McIvor Reserve local.
Some of my fondest memories as a kid were pie nights at F & Y`s when the great man himself EJ would always attend, have a kick with the kids and sign autographs for hours and off memory always had something to raffle off.

Thanks. For some reason I get F&Y Socials confused with Footscray YMCA. One was a footy club, one was a cricket club but I mix them up.

Kingy YMCA played footy at McIvor Reserve and I can remember it was a bloody paddock with rocks everywhere. Local, I am sure it was a fair bit later than when I played, but didn`t you play at Kingsville at some point?

Kingy YMCA played footy at McIvor Reserve and I can remember it was a bloody paddock with rocks everywhere. Local, I am sure it was a fair bit later than when I played, but didn`t you play at Kingsville at some point?

Only in the under age teams, same as at Footscray YMCA.

I knew I remembered playing footy on McIvor reserve although having gone to Footscray high we played plenty of school footy there. Played plenty of cricket for Footscray ANA and YMCA on Mc Ivor.

Kingy YMCA and F&Y Socials must have gone down the gurgler at about the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did that (standing in the same place) when they played too. They were woeful.

Hey cut that out JG I take offence to that :mad: , there were some great players at the club, Whitten, Baker, Russ but at the end the club was badly mis-managed. I used to play U`15s in the morning but had to play in the seniors in the arvo because unfortunately we just did not have the senior players.

I remember F & Y had plenty of Premiership photos around the rooms because my uncle was captain in a couple and our junior teams were getting into Grand Finals so had they been able to bring the kids through things would have changed. As I said they were badly mis-managed.

They did that (standing in the same place) when they played too. They were woeful.

NOT SO WOEFUL MR JOHN GENT. F & Y SOCIALS 4 FLAGS in division 1
Here is some more division one history
Parkside 14 flags, Braybrook 12, Spotswood 10, West Footscray 5, Seddon 5, St Albans 5, F & Y Socials 4, Deer PARK (ICI) 4, North Footscray 3, Albion 3, Kingsville 2, Hoppers Crossing 2, Yarraville 1, and Riverside 1,

division 2 records ????????????????? who can help????

NEXT QUESTION my late father talked about RIVERSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB do any of you oldies no there colours and gurnsey type. they played down on Parksides grounds before the war .

Speaking of clubs long departed, I used to play juniors for Maidstone. Does anyone know much about them? They used to play on Scovell reserve. All I can remember is they folded due to a shortage of players as most got suspended for long periods as they were better fighters than footballers.

Sorry, other than Whitten, Baker, Russ and Bullyboy they were woeful - when they played West.:D

Was this Jeff Russ?

Your still out of line JG and yes it was Jeff Russ. As you probably know, Jeff was a great local cricketer and is no doubt still playing but he was also a damn good footballer and i`m pretty sure he played in F & Y`s final game with me.

Oh did I tell you JG, your still out of line.

Speaking of clubs long departed, I used to play juniors for Maidstone. Does anyone know much about them? They used to play on Scovell reserve. All I can remember is they folded due to a shortage of players as most got suspended for long periods as they were better fighters than footballers.
Royal blue jumper with white vee ?

http://www.footypedia.com/00001332.htm

Is that them?

Royal blue jumper with white vee ?

played on the ground behing the MAIDSTONE COP SHOP a cricket club still use's the ground and in winter the western region umpires train on it

colours i think were NAVY BLUE with a white M similar to CARLTON.

Dont know of any famous players though.

Remove this Banner Ad

F & Y Socials

Remove this Banner Ad

Back