Veszpremi
Higgins
Yarran
Ballantyne
Ziebell
Walker

$92,000 left over. Have at it!

First post heyy.

Wouldn't be an alias from a member that participates on the DT Board would it?

First post heyy.

Wouldn't be an alias from a member that participates on the DT Board would it?

He supports the power so i think its either chadleverington or more likely, "Gopower" or it could just be a newbie or DWD in one of his many guises:rolleyes:.

Or he could be a guy whose spent a bit of time putting a team together and would like some thoughts on it.

FWIW 'eager as' I think it's fairly risky starting a rookie (kite), Petterd and Myers in the same backline. Generally the rookie backs are fairly weak so you may struggle to have one of your 3 playing each week. Also Petterd is not a permanent fixture in the Dees lineup, neither is Myers so if they have a couple of bad games then you're looking at up to 3 zero's and that's not even taking into account other injuries.

Or he could be a guy whose spent a bit of time putting a team together and would like some thoughts on it.

Never really thought of that as a possibility:D.

I agree with what Daz said on the backs though, they look exposed a little ATM but that 92k you have in the bank could go along way to rectifying that problem.

My first crack at DT 09

Johncock
Harding
Johnson
Cox
Goldsack
Greenwood
Suckling
Head
Palmer
Selwood
Adcock
Sidebottom
Swallow
Wood
Cockie

Cox
Johnson
Wood
Laycock

Steve Johnson
Brad Johnson
Bate
Dick
Hooker
Jarryd Roughead
Jordan Roughead
Headland
Tippett

I thought long and hard bout this one!

Looks great mate. Nice depth and nice unique choices. :thumbsu:

My first crack at DT 09

Johncock
Harding
Johnson
Cox
Goldsack
Greenwood
Suckling
Head
Palmer
Selwood
Adcock
Sidebottom
Swallow
Wood
Cockie

Cox
Johnson
Wood
Laycock

Steve Johnson
Brad Johnson
Bate
Dick
Hooker
Jarryd Roughead
Jordan Roughead
Headland
Tippett
//////////lol\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

no love for Jack Watts.

i thought i rule was always get the number 1 draft pick.

Surely he is a starting 22 player.
To get this straight, he is doing the Dangerfield process and doing year 12 next year, along with Blease. Strauss would be the safest player to go for in rookies this year.
Went pick 19, Demons rate him high and he has finished school. Should play alot of senior footy. I suspect they will put him around the ball not in the backline. He is a damaging player.

This is my team, any suggestions would be great!

Back;
Jason Gram
Chris Newman
David Myers
Brendon Goddard
Jack Grimes
Grant Birchall
Andrew Walker

Alex Rance
James Strauss

Jason Gram would have to be considered one of the most fustarting players. Im going for the risk as he can score big and has high expectations with rumours spreading he will play midfield mostly next year.
Newman will step up becoming the captain.
I liked Myers last year, and at a cheap price, he is worth the risk. Will play alot of senior footy.
Grant Birchall may become Xavier Ellis (who I originally had) but after injuring his knee, we will see how that goes.

Midfield
Brett Deledio
Nathan VanBerlo
Patrick Dangefield
Daniel Rich
Travis Boak
Mark Coughlan

Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Skipworth

Im tossing up between Dangerfield or Otten at the moment. Dangefield is personally my favourite youngster on the list at the moment, and has had indications he will play a fair bit next year. Recieving Roos number must mean somthing. Otten has been great in Pre-Season training. Alot of Crow fans think he will play next year. Will see how the NAB Cup Goes!
Rich should play alot next year, and so should Sidebottom. Rated high by both clubs.
Skipworth may be a risk but he was a great player at the Crows and could defiently score a 70 each week if plays.

Ruck
Dean Cox
Hamish McIntosh

Daniel Curry
Ben McEvoy

Just to save some money I took Curry over Vickery. Will watch them carefully in the Nab Cup.

Forward
Dale Thomas
Jarred Roughead
Jason Porplyzia
Patrick Veszpremi
Shaun Higgins
Nick Riewoldt
Hayden Ballantyne

Chris Yarran
Taylor Walker

Nick Riewoldt is the most expensive forward, im not sure if I should downgrade him or get Didak or someone only a bit less expensive.
Higgins, Porps, Roughead and Vezzi are the bargains of the forward line to be honest.
I'm considereing Rusling for the bench instead of Walker. I do think Walker may play some games next year, but you never know Craigy.
Thomas will step up next year :thumbsu:

Ok, I thought I would of had about 200k left after sorta working this out on paper, unfortunatly I was wrong :eek:
Maybe I should downgrade Volt?
Yeah but im pretty happy with my team..
Except from the money amount left.

Left - $47,100

Midfield
Brett Deledio
Nathan VanBerlo
Patrick Dangefield
Daniel Rich
Travis Boak
Mark Coughlan

Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Skipworth

Our midfields are basically identical. I have Hasleby and Cousins rather than Boak and Coughlan (though I've only just downgraded Boak in the last few days and had Coughlan before Skipworth was drafted)

I think 5/8 with a SP of under $150,000 is pretty ambitious. There's no point in giving too much weight of opinion though, as those cash cows won't become more obvious until February. I think you should look at a mid-pricer in there though.

To get this straight, he is doing the Dangerfield process and doing year 12 next year, along with Blease. Strauss would be the safest player to go for in rookies this year.
Went pick 19, Demons rate him high and he has finished school. Should play alot of senior footy. I suspect they will put him around the ball not in the backline. He is a damaging player.

This is my team, any suggestions would be great!

Back;
Jason Gram
Chris Newman
David Myers
Brendon Goddard
Jack Grimes
Grant Birchall
Andrew Walker

Alex Rance
James Strauss

Jason Gram would have to be considered one of the most fustarting players. Im going for the risk as he can score big and has high expectations with rumours spreading he will play midfield mostly next year.
Newman will step up becoming the captain.
I liked Myers last year, and at a cheap price, he is worth the risk. Will play alot of senior footy.
Grant Birchall may become Xavier Ellis (who I originally had) but after injuring his knee, we will see how that goes.

Midfield
Brett Deledio
Nathan VanBerlo
Patrick Dangefield
Daniel Rich
Travis Boak
Mark Coughlan

Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Skipworth

Im tossing up between Dangerfield or Otten at the moment. Dangefield is personally my favourite youngster on the list at the moment, and has had indications he will play a fair bit next year. Recieving Roos number must mean somthing. Otten has been great in Pre-Season training. Alot of Crow fans think he will play next year. Will see how the NAB Cup Goes!
Rich should play alot next year, and so should Sidebottom. Rated high by both clubs.
Skipworth may be a risk but he was a great player at the Crows and could defiently score a 70 each week if plays.

Ruck
Dean Cox
Hamish McIntosh

Daniel Curry
Ben McEvoy

Just to save some money I took Curry over Vickery. Will watch them carefully in the Nab Cup.

Forward
Dale Thomas
Jarred Roughead
Jason Porplyzia
Patrick Veszpremi
Shaun Higgins
Nick Riewoldt
Hayden Ballantyne

Chris Yarran
Taylor Walker

Nick Riewoldt is the most expensive forward, im not sure if I should downgrade him or get Didak or someone only a bit less expensive.
Higgins, Porps, Roughead and Vezzi are the bargains of the forward line to be honest.
I'm considereing Rusling for the bench instead of Walker. I do think Walker may play some games next year, but you never know Craigy.
Thomas will step up next year :thumbsu:

Ok, I thought I would of had about 200k left after sorta working this out on paper, unfortunatly I was wrong :eek:
Maybe I should downgrade Volt?
Yeah but im pretty happy with my team..
Except from the money amount left.

Left - $47,100

Porps your a great poster and always give in depth analysis.....but im really disappointed in seeing your team, i hope it looks a lot different a week out from round 1..way too many risks that dont need to be taken.

I like the though of greenwood. Great player for the magpies, had a full year on the list, 2nd round pick. The only thing that i dont like about greenwood is the laidley effect. One to watch though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porps your a great poster and always give in depth analysis.....but im really disappointed in seeing your team, i hope it looks a lot different a week out from round 1..way too many risks that dont need to be taken.
Thanks for the kind words mate, but yeah i'm not 100% happy with my team either. Just wondering if people could give me some thoughts on how to improve it :thumbsu:

It's an interesting squad, Porps. Very heavy on the youth policy, things have changed a lot down at Westlakes lately. ;)

One of my concerns would be captain choices. Can Cox and Lids cut it? Although I see Riewoldt has an okay schedule early, maybe you'll go with him.

Roughead is one out of left field, for mine. He's a bit part player. The Hawks have shown this year they will either isolate Buddy or Williams in the square, not Roughie. I can't see his upside being all that high.

Myers is overpriced, I think, and he will level off in his second year as many players do. Boak is too popular, which makes me worry. Those are personal opinions, of course. I hope that Thomas does step up, he can be a frustrating player for fantasy. Overall I'd give the team a 7/10. :thumbsu:

It's an interesting squad, Porps. Very heavy on the youth policy, things have changed a lot down at Westlakes lately. ;)

One of my concerns would be captain choices. Can Cox and Lids cut it? Although I see Riewoldt has an okay schedule early, maybe you'll go with him.

Roughead is one out of left field, for mine. He's a bit part player. The Hawks have shown this year they will either isolate Buddy or Williams in the square, not Roughie. I can't see his upside being all that high.

Myers is overpriced, I think, and he will level off in his second year as many players do. Boak is too popular, which makes me worry. Those are personal opinions, of course. I hope that Thomas does step up, he can be a frustrating player for fantasy. Overall I'd give the team a 7/10. :thumbsu:
Ahaha, yes alot had changed as Westlakes :p
Monty, thanks heaps for your advice :)
Ill work on my team more today and I will keep them things in mind.

Why's that? I can't really see a problem with buying a popular player. If anything, at least it's some sort of validation that others are thinking in a similar vein.

I agree completely. You don't want to miss the boat on a bargain, which is what Boak appears to be.

I just don't see why Boak should get so much attention compared to others around his price with as much upside, like Jarrad McVeigh or Jared Brennan. Also, I'd be very worried about all the DT guns that Port drafted this year who will demand midfield rotations.

I just don't see why Boak should get so much attention compared to others around his price with as much upside, like Jarrad McVeigh or Jared Brennan. Also, I'd be very worried about all the DT guns that Port drafted this year who will demand midfield rotations.

Third year + strong finish to last season. Though you are right that their midfield is stacked, people just have to decide if he is going to get a good go. That could also work in his favour because it will limit the attention he gets from the opposition.

Third year + strong finish to last season. Though you are right that their midfield is stacked, people just have to decide if he is going to get a good go. That could also work in his favour because it will limit the attention he gets from the opposition.
He's not really a damaging player he's more of a "work hard of his man" sort of player whose got decent footskills but he won't be spearing passes 3m of the ground onto Westhoff's and Tredrea's chests.

I'm sure having lots of good mids at Port hinders him alot more than it helps him. He does play a style of game that is conjucive to DT points though (lots of uncontested marks and disposals and actually more tackles per game than i expected (72-73% of his posessions this season were uncontested), which IMO is why he's so popular, (that's why i'd prefer him over Knights, also he's slightly more durable) a spike in gametime could see him average 95-100 IMO.

TOG = 79% so there is definitely room for improvement but IMO he won't get a huge amount more gametime next year, he just doesn't seem to be versatile enough to play in another position and with all Ports midfielders i would be surprised if he increased to above 85% TOG. Will monitor his preseason, hopefully he's training the house down and hopefully he's put on plenty of muscle!

I think the fact that he's not a real damaging player could limit his game time a little as i think Salopek, Cornes x 2, Burgoyne, Carr (tagging purposes) are more damaging.

Midfield
Brett Deledio
Nathan VanBerlo
Patrick Dangefield
Daniel Rich
Travis Boak
Mark Coughlan

Steele Sidebottom
Hayden Skipworth

The problem is that you have 3 rookies ( Coughlan has been out for a couple of years and won't burst out on the scene.) You should go for a mid-range player. You don't have to pick Hasleby but You got a lot of time to think about it. Also do you see Vanberlo/Boak at the end of the year in your team? Because you could spend abit more for a player that will play all 22 games and get the most out of him/her. But its a good start.

Could people give how much they have spent per position eg: 210000 in backs ect, and give a percentage to how much that is of the whole salary (THIS IS NOT INCLUDING THE EMERGENCY PLAYERS)

salary: 7706 300

Backs: 2476 300 (7 players)
avg PP: 353 800
%: 32.1%

Mids: 1869 350
avg PP: 311 600
%: 24.25%

Rucks: 719 400
avg PP: 359 700
%: 9

FWDs: 2079 400
avg PP: 297 100
%: 27

The problem is that you have 3 rookies ( Coughlan has been out for a couple of years and won't burst out on the scene.) You should go for a mid-range player. You don't have to pick Hasleby but You got a lot of time to think about it. Also do you see Vanberlo/Boak at the end of the year in your team? Because you could spend abit more for a player that will play all 22 games and get the most out of him/her. But its a good start.
Thanks, I will try and improve on my team.
I might take VanBerlo out, tagging is a bit of a problem although the tags might stay on Mcleod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back