FanFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

m0nty

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2005
Richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have hijacked this post in order to point out that one of our member posters, m0nty is the co-founder of a wonderful website, FanFooty
This site is definitely worth a visit if you are even remotely serious about Dream Team and maybe Super Coach.

Re: Herald Sun Super Coach 2007

Hey M0nty I can't get the SC scores on FF, is anyone else having this problem?
After some contact with Champion Data, we have decided not to show Supercoach scores until after they have been published in the media, and thus are public domain. Unfortunately the Supercoach scores for the NAB Cup have not been published anywhere so this is going to be a bit of a problem. Once the season starts they'll go up the next day.

This does not affect DT or any other fantasy scores shown on FanFooty because those scores can be deriven from stats published on the AFL's Web site.

After some contact with Champion Data, we have decided not to show Supercoach scores until after they have been published in the media, and thus are public domain. Unfortunately the Supercoach scores for the NAB Cup have not been published anywhere so this is going to be a bit of a problem. Once the season starts they'll go up the next day.

This does not affect DT or any other fantasy scores shown on FanFooty because those scores can be deriven from stats published on the AFL's Web site.

Im assuming 'some contact' means that they asked you not to do it. Did they give any reasoning? How does it affect them if the progressive SC scores are shown? Seems rather illogical...

Sorry if Im being pushy and please feel free not to answer, but to be in someones best interests it would mean that it is detrimental to somebody else. Who does it adversly affect? Please dont take this as a personal attack cos I love your site and spend far to much of my time on it, I just dont understand the reasoning. Again, feel free not to answer and Ill ask no more questions
Thanks for your support! :D

We are only able to publish stats on FanFooty because they are in the public domain. We had not previously twigged that neither the AFL site or the Herald-Sun had published full Supercoach figures for the NAB Cup, thus those stats are not public domain. We know now. :)

Thanks for your support! :D

We are only able to publish stats on FanFooty because they are in the public domain. We had not previously twigged that neither the AFL site or the Herald-Sun had published full Supercoach figures for the NAB Cup, thus those stats are not public domain. We know now. :)

Thanks Monty. Keep up the awesome work :D

Re: m0nty fanfooty problems

Why is that monty?

Champion data dont have legal footing to demand you not to display statistics. I would like to see those stats before the season starts not after

Re: who will step up for your club this year?

I am in a fantasy game where there is a draft, i.e there are 14 teams, each team has a pick, and then it resets. so team 1 had pick 1 and took judd, team 2 had pick 2 and took riewoldt, i had pick 3 and took kane kornes. That's just an example. then i'll have pick 17 and took Cousins. And so it goes. Anyway most of the good players have gone and I was wondering who from your club will be stpeping up this year. Bear in mind that I don't wnat players who are not going to score well in fantasy. You might have a great full back that comes through, keeps each forward goalless, but only gets 5 possessions a game. they might be all australian full back but they won't score well in fantasy points. so which players do you have that will step up and get regular kicks, handballs and marks.

your insight is greatly appreciated.
Is it fanfooty?

Plus their style of football makes for low possession counts generally.

O'Keefe generally scores reasonably well and Kirk is thereabouts as a middle-of-the road midfield scorer but agree with Grimlock that few others are good bets for FF/DT type games.
An interesting one is Everitt this year. With the amount of ball-ups we generate and his ability to win a majority of them, he could be quite handy in a game that rewards HOs. e.g. FanFooty.

An interesting one is Everitt this year. With the amount of ball-ups we generate and his ability to win a majority of them, he could be quite handy in a game that rewards HOs. e.g. FanFooty.

Everitt was first picked in my team this year. He'll be excellent value. My other main ruckman is Brendon Lade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free live scoring on FanFooty tonight for NAB Cup GF

We're testing out a new AJAX-based live system tonight on FanFooty so we'll be opening up our fantasy match scoring feature to everyone, not just members. Please give it a good thrashing! If the system gets a heavy enough workout and holds up under the pressure, we might not need membership this year.

Look out for the link on the FanFooty front page when the game starts.

Re: AFL Dream Team 2007

We're testing out a new AJAX-based live system tonight on FanFooty so we'll be opening up our fantasy match scoring feature to everyone, not just members. Please give it a good thrashing! If the system gets a heavy enough workout and holds up under the pressure, we might not need membership this year.

Re: AFL Dream Team 2007

Nice work as always Monty

Re: Free live scoring on FanFooty tonight for NAB Cup GF

Oops, I mistakenly left the SC scores in. Oh well, if you've loaded it up already then you get a nice bonus stat. :D

Re: Free live scoring on FanFooty tonight for NAB Cup GF

The rows turn yellow (or whatever your highlight colour is, depending on the colour scheme you chose) when a player's score has just changed. It allows you to figure out what happened since the last update.

Remove this Banner Ad

FanFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back