Fav BigM's

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they still make Big M's.

Banana yuk.

We have Dare up here, which the esspresso is yummy.
We have Dare here as well, but it's nothing on the quality of Big M, of which I like all the flavours. Ranking them, I'd say:
1. Banana
2. Iced Coffee
3. Strawberry
4. Chocolate

Bring back Choc Berry, that was an awesome flavour.

Do they still make Big M's.

Banana yuk.

We have Dare up here, which the esspresso is yummy.

We have Big M up here as well :) Mainly just the UHT ones unfortunatly but some places still sell the one in a carton.

As for the OP question, Chocolate by far!

Chocolate and Strawberry.

Until they changed the formula for it, which coincided with the change in packaging of the ones in the small box prima-like Big Ms.

Absolute discrace, now they taste crap and aren't worth half the asking price.

Are you talking about the bottle big m's? as they are long life and taste the same as the prima like big m's. But as far as I know the carton ones taste the same as they always have.

I was the only person who seemed to like Egg Flip Big Ms when I was a kid.

Does anyone remember when you could get hot Big M's? They'd take it from the fridge at the milk bar and plunge some great steam wand thing into it.

Not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was the only person who seemed to like Egg Flip Big Ms when I was a kid.

Does anyone remember when you could get hot Big M's? They'd take it from the fridge at the milk bar and plunge some great steam wand thing into it.

Not good.
Interesting...how long ago was that?

Good call on the Farmers Union iced coffees, they have a stronger flavour than Big M's and are the best iced coffee going around. Although I'm a fan of the Banana Big M.

Interesting...how long ago was that?

Good call on the Farmers Union iced coffees, they have a stronger flavour than Big M's and are the best iced coffee going around. Although I'm a fan of the Banana Big M.

Late 70's I would think. I can (very) vaguely remember the TV ads. It was a winter promotional thing - instead of the typical Big M girls in bikinis, it was a bunch of gals in fluffy snow-bunny type outfits at a ski-lodge or somewhere. It was a double flop that year, for that was then they released the short-lived blueberry flavour, which tasted alright but had a disturbing purple colour.

Are you talking about the bottle big m's? as they are long life and taste the same as the prima like big m's. But as far as I know the carton ones taste the same as they always have.

I'm talking about the small 250ml prima box ones.

I checked the formula's on the old and new boxes, and there's less sugar or fat (can't remember what it was now) in the new one, therefore making the taste less desirable (for me anyway). Haven't had one since...

Used to be able to get Big M milkshaes (from a milshake machine) in the mid-late 90s, best damn milshake I ever had, even better than a 5 dollar shake :)

I'm talking about the small 250ml prima box ones.

I checked the formula's on the old and new boxes, and there's less sugar or fat (can't remember what it was now) in the new one, therefore making the taste less desirable (for me anyway). Haven't had one since...

They had to change the formula to get it past the schools board and in to school canteens which is the largest market.

Quoted for truth.

Victorians seem happy drinking that utter piss, too bad they don't realise something way better exists.

Vic FUIC sales YTD 600ml

2004 628,155
2005 870,105
2006 1,153,259

A lot of South Australians in Vic?

Chocolate
Strawberry
Choc-Berry
Choc-Orange
Vanilla
Pine-Lime Splice
Egg Flip
Honeycomb
Iced Coffee

And a couple of other forgotten flavours...

Blueberry, Choc-Malt, Vanilla, Blueberry & Choc Mint

Here's the 1986 TV Ad for the Choc-Mint Big M.

http://www.splatt.com.au/blog/video/1986_Big_M_Ad_Roo.wmv

And here's another TVC from '86. http://www.splatt.com.au/blog/video/1986_Big_M_Ad.wmv

And who can forget the Big M Calendar (buying that was an annual ritual) as was the Pickering calendar in the early 80's.

And a hot Big M.

They had to change the formula to get it past the schools board and in to school canteens which is the largest market.

Ahhhh... that makes sense... considering I originally got hooked on Big Ms in primary school.

Still, it was my favourite drink, now it's not.:(

Thanks for the info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fav BigM's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back