Fave Cold Chisel Song

Remove this Banner Ad

choc_a_holic

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2004
Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong/Mavs
Won't use a poll because I'm sure there are a vast amount of fave Cold Chisel songs.

I got into Cold Chisel because my parents would regularly listen to their cassettes and now I've started to like them.

I guess my few favourites are Saturday Night, Khe Sanh...umm you got nothing I want, Flame Trees, Quoir Girl.

It has to be Khe Sanh, and by a very long way too. One of the all time greatest songs and probably should be our national anthem as well. They had plenty of other quality hits, but none came close to Khe Sanh.

Khe Sanh - the national anthem

year of the roo said:
One of the all time greatest songs and probably should be our national anthem as well. .

:eek:
replace a song to which most people don't know the words with a song that most people don't know the words but are happy to belt out when they are pis5ed!

i see where you are coming from but it doesn't have that forward and progressive country reaffirming quality that i'd be looking for in a national anthem.

Circus Animals would be my favourite album.

Favourite track would be Hound Dog. I was thrilled when it returned to the set during Rindside. Other faves...Rosealine, Fallen Angel, Numbers Fall, Taipan, The Door, Never Before, Conversations, Misfits, Painted Doll, One Long Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hounddog, She's No Good For You, Merry-Go-Round, Home and Broken Hearted, Conversations, Painted Doll, Never Before, Star Hotel, Taipan to name but a few.

Used to be a huge Chisel fan as a kid - don't listen to them much anymore but still rate them as probably the quintessential Australian rock band.

year of the roo said:
It has to be Khe Sanh, and by a very long way too. One of the all time greatest songs and probably should be our national anthem as well. They had plenty of other quality hits, but none came close to Khe Sanh.

Just a pity that no Australian troops ever got within cooee of Khe Sahn during the Vietnam War.

Leaping Lindner said:
Just a pity that no Australian troops ever got within cooee of Khe Sahn during the Vietnam War.

Yeah but I'm sure they used to hit a lot of Hong Kong mattresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fave Cold Chisel Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back