Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's an OK player, but given where we are at, we can't really afford an OK midfield player. We have Mitchell, Naicos, DeGoey, Crisp, Pendles who are all great players and then Lipinski who looks a class or 3 above Finn as well.

Looks like he needs 2 or 3 full games in the midfield at AFL level to see if he is up to the pace of it. I have my doubts as he isn't super tough and isn't fast.

Didn’t get a great chance to shine last night and unlikely to push in round 1 given the squeeze for spots but he is undeniably improved

Just super fit and seems to have grown a burst of pace away from congestion. He will always be good at clearances and that will only improve as he gets older and stronger

If we want to be very competitive in finals , we need to manage Pendles Sidey and Titch through the next 7 months. That along with inevitable injuries should ensure plenty of chance for Finlay

Last edited:
Didn’t get a great chance to shine last night and unlikely to push in round 1 given the squeeze for spots but he is undeniably improved

Just super fit and seems to have grown a burst of pace away from congestion. He will always be good at clearances and that will only improve as he gets older and stronger

If we want to be very competitive in finals , we need to manage Pendles Sidey and Titch through the next 7 months. That along with inevitable injuries should ensure plenty of chance for Finlay
I think it works the other way. We get them fresh and fit for their home and away matches by resting them in other home and away matches - if that's what we want. We get them fresh and fit for finals by running the beejesus out of them throughout the home and away season.

I think he's an OK player, but given where we are at, we can't really afford an OK midfield player. We have Mitchell, Naicos, DeGoey, Crisp, Pendles who are all great players and then Lipinski who looks a class or 3 above Finn as well.

Looks like he needs 2 or 3 full games in the midfield at AFL level to see if he is up to the pace of it. I have my doubts as he isn't super tough and isn't fast.
I'm far from an expert but there is a bit of fluff going around with fin. He's been having a good pre season up until yesterday and it showed that against a pretty good midfield, he got found out. I am going to wait until the season proper before I make a judgement on him. Sullivan looks to be ahead of him for me

I'm far from an expert but there is a bit of fluff going around with fin. He's been having a good pre season up until yesterday and it showed that against a pretty good midfield, he got found out. I am going to wait until the season proper before I make a judgement on him. Sullivan looks to be ahead of him for me

Got shown up? Had 4 clearances (second equal), 6 inside 50s, 6 contested possessions out of 10 in 37 mins of game time. I would think he did pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Fin looked like a regular Pie player yesterday. Came on and went to work. Did everything we would want of him.

Found the ball. Strong clearance game. Looked very comfortable.

This kid needs to be playing regular footy because he is our future.

Can you please explain in what way he was found out?
In 36% game time he had 10 disposals (6 contested), 4 clearances, 6 inside 50’s and 2 score involvements. Probably the only knock on his game I can think of was that he didn’t lay any effective tackles, so I’m genuinely curious as to how you’ve come to this conclusion…

I think McCreery is the one who has been disappointing. I think it’s fair to expect him to take his game to another level now.

He only came on the ground half way through the 3rd qtr.
He has a point though. With Pendles and Howe coming back in who makes way? I think it’s probably going to be a toss up between Fin and Reef for that sub spot at this point, despite both of them performing well in their limited game time.

He has a point though. With Pendles and Howe coming back in who makes way? I think it’s probably going to be a toss up between Fin and Reef for that sub spot at this point, despite both of them performing well in their limited game time.
If he has to make his way via sub, that will do. It's up to him once he gets that opportunity.

Can you please explain in what way he was found out?
In 36% game time he had 10 disposals (6 contested), 4 clearances, 6 inside 50’s and 2 score involvements. Probably the only knock on his game I can think of was that he didn’t lay any effective tackles, so I’m genuinely curious as to how you’ve come to this conclusion…
It's because we are still in practice match mode. I will wait for the season proper before I get on board. No tackles is a big problem and when he played AFL last, all he did was tackle but couldn't get the pill. I also can't see who he replaces in the midfield. I think Sullivan is a better option atm because he is way more versitlie and looks a ready replacement for guys like Mitchel. In the time fin was on, Martin, Taranto and Prestia were running around doing as they please, stats rarely tell the story

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back