First choice Back 7 in 2025

Who is your first choice Back 7 in 2025?

• Curtin

• Michalanney

• Hamill

• Hinge

• Ryan

• Worrell

• Nankervis

• Murray

• Laird

• Milera

• Smith

• Borlase

• Parnell

• Bond

• Butts

• Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We seem to have the defensive end of the field reasonably well filled.

KPDs - Butts, Murray, Borlase
Intercept - Worrell, Keane
Small/medium - Michalanney, Hinge, Nankervis, Hamill, Bond
HB sweepers - Milera, Smith, Curtin, Ryan Parnell

Moving back there maybe? Laird

Nice to have some depth but this is too many you'd think. Or at least too many who believe they should be playing.

Who are you going with in 2025 assuming no injuries?

Of the others, who is staying for depth?
Who's on the trade block?
Who is moving elsewhere on the field?

Nice to have some depth but this is too many you'd think. Or at least too many who believe they should be playing.

What about our pick 5 from the 2024 draft ? You forgot him.

Bit early to say...

B: Michaelanny, Butts/Keane, Murray
HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Hinge
I: Milera

Choose between Butts & Keane depending on opposition

Would like us to use Nankervis, Hinge & Milera on a wing at times, which would allow us to give Ryan & Bond games.

Smith & Parnell should be delisted.

Hamill very useful depth.

Would like to see us use Curtin further to the ground.

I think Borlase is adequate depth and not completely convinced Butts is ahead of him, although have picked Butts in my starting 7 to lock down on the big forward from the opposition. Ideally keep Keane as depth as well, although, if we use him to get a pick to get someone like Alex Dodson on our list, I'd be happy with that, given that there have been rumours Collingwood are interested. I wouldn't want to let Keane go without reasonable compensation, but I also think he, Murray and Worrell are fighting for two spots, and I prefer Murray and Worrell.

The other 4 I have picked are Michalanney, Hinge, Nankervis and Hamill. I liked what I saw from Hamill when Smith was out of the side. The left foot is handy. Hinge also provides that run, can help out in the air or can boot the ball a mile out of trouble. Michalanney and Nankervis just seem like locks to me. Reliable in the air and with disposal, smart and the right amount of attacking flair to go with the ability to close down on an opponent. Nankervis improves every game and Michalanney has been a gun from day one.

Bond showed last week he has a future and I suspect Ryan will come on sooner rather than later too. Them and Milera, along with Borlase and Keane, are good depth at this stage.

Curtin I'd like to see up the field. Perhaps some time on the half back flank, but ideally amongst the midfield, even if on a wing. I reckon Hinge could move up the field if Milera comes back strong. That's a big if, though.

Smith has been a great player, but I think it would be better for him and the club if he was farewelled this season. He deserves a final game at home against Hawthorn or the Bulldogs as a send off, but other than that, we'd be better off getting games into younger players. Parnell is a delist.

B: Michalanney, Butts/Keane, Worrell
HB: Hinge, Murray, Nankervis
I/C: Curtin

Milera the only question. The 2023 version of Milera helps our side, but really we should be investing time in guys younger than him, and Hinge is clearly better. Plus, who knows how he’ll do coming back from another long injury layoff. Maybe he fits if we play Curtin/Nank up the ground?

Actually the other one worth mentioning is Ryan, he could keep improving at a rate of knots as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

First choice Back 7 in 2025

Back