hawka187

All Australian
Oct 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Machester United
Heard on Channel 9 news ther enot showing Footy Classified tommrow night, because they are showing the Hewitt vs Federer tennis match at 10.30pm, should be shown at 11.30pm

Lame, cant stand either of em :thumbsdown:

Or you could have the tennis on the regular Ch.9 SD & analogue service and screen Footy Classified on the HD channel.

It's about time that Ch.9 started making use of their HD service, they are way behind Ch.10 in that regard.

Thinking aloud but I'm they don't screen Melbourne Storm game on the HD channel.

I like Footy Classified but I'm not really complaining that they're going to skip it for a week and show the tennis instead. I haven't seen any of it yet so this will be a chance for me to watch some of it. Let's face it, as someone mentioned, there will be alot more unhappy people if they don't show the tennis live especially consdiering the fact Hewitt is playing, and playing Federer for that matter. Anyone fancy Hewitt getting up? Me, nah.

Thinking about this again, and reading an above post jogged my memory.

Did a similar situation occur like this last year and they put FC on at 9:30?

Also, Federer and Hewitt are due on court 1pm GMT, which is 10pm here (usually +10 but I think UK on daylight savings?). So tennis fans expect a delayed telecast or the first 30 mins cut out of it. (unless it rains, again highly probable!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard on Channel 9 news ther enot showing Footy Classified tommrow night, because they are showing the Hewitt vs Federer tennis match at 10.30pm, should be shown at 11.30pm

Lame, cant stand either of em :thumbsdown:

Live sport should ALWAYS be shown ahead of a load of arrogant journalists flapping their gums and talking crap.

If Nine are using HD SD channels tonight: Well done. It's about time.

Further to this, hows about showing the tennis... wait for it... how dare I think it... LIVE!?

Once again FTA sport coverage blows. Nine buy the rights to the tennis, sell the rights of the games they don't want to Foxtel (who show them live) and then choose not to show the games they purchased in the first place until an ungodly hour.

We're talking Wimbledon here, one of the biggest events of the year. Surely it is more important than Caro's sweet talking about Wallace or Archer's mumbling or Hutchie's cheap stories.

Great decision from Nine.

Love him or hate him, an Aussie playing the world number one on Centre Court at Wimbledon should always take priority over pretty much anything else on the box. Will be looking forward to it!

I doubt I'll be watching the tennis but I can't say it's much of a miss for Footy Classified to not be on for a week. It's a pretty so-so show...

The real disgrace is that the Federer v Hewitt match actually starts at 10.00pm AEST yet Nine will be airing it on a 30 minute delay (60 minutes in SA and NT, 150 minutes in WA).

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Classified Not Being Shown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back