For which bands could you belt out at every lyric at a concert?

Remove this Banner Ad

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
The last couple of days I've been listening to some albums I haven't to for the last few years, and found myself singing along like I never stopped listening to them. It was cool, like catching up with an old friend and getting straight back into your old in-jokes etc.

So it lead me to this: for which bands would I be confident in being able to belt out every lyric during one of their concerts? I had this experience with Arcade Fire earlier in the year, probably much to the chagrin of those around me.

So, if we were to set some reasonable parameters such as needing to have 4 albums released, and not necessarily needing to know every lyric of every single, b-side, rare releases and cover of a band, but those that could be realistically played at a concert, who are your bands?

For me:

Arcade Fire
Arctic Monkeys
Rage Against the Machine

Those that almost made the cut but I probably have some gaps in my knowledge:

Green Day
The Hold Steady
Kanye West

Miss the album cut off:
Vampire Weekend (3 albums though)
Cody Chesnutt
Chvrches

Youse guys?

Arctic Monkeys
The Who (Might struggle on parts of Tommy)
White Stripes

John Butler Trio and Foo Fighters just miss out, I think.

Too many.

Have done it shamelessly at Bloc Party and Vampire Weekend and if smaller gigs permitted it, then sure, I'd sing along. The main thing you have to do is patronise the lighter-in-the-air moments though. You can't let an acoustic strummer be ruined unless everyone else in the venue's ruining it too.

But I can't wait for Arctic Monkeys, it'll be sing-a-long galore.

Brand New
Coheed And Cambria
Daughter
Fall Out Boy
Eddplant
Coldplay
Plumb
Andrew Huang
Damien Rice
Ed Sheeran
Angels And Airwaves
Box Car Racer
Blink 182
Rise Against
The Script
Explosions in the Sky :p

Madness, The Kinks, The Specials and the Belle Stars.

Probably too many to list but off the top of my head:
Korn, Slipknot, System of a Down, Killswitch Engage, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Lower Than Atlantis, Architects, City & Colour, Circa Survive, Deftones, Down, Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, RATM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing better than barely being able to speak after a show and feeling sick from all the recycled air, and you're lucky if you even get that kind of air. That Gatorade and joy and sadness home is the best. Imagine being in a band and being able to give people that every night. BLOODY HELL.

One of my favorite bands of the last few years, Papa Roach. Mean so much for me to see them if they played in Australia, which they haven't done for a very, very long time.

"Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort
Suffocation, no breathing.."

Remove this Banner Ad

For which bands could you belt out at every lyric at a concert?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back