Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we would be all over Rory Lobb's latest (and very disturbing) Tiktok

I thought we would be all over Rory Lobb's latest (and very disturbing) Tiktok
He seems pretty unfazed about being in the seconds but then again he’s always given the impression he’s only in it for the pay cheque.

HE WAS JUST PUT IN THE POSITION...THE DEAL WAS ALREADY AGREED BY ROSICH...BELL WAS SENT TO FINISH THE DEAL...HE DIDN'T LIKE IT BUT ON THE END HE ENDED DOING IT...I AM VERY SURE BELL DID NOT WANT THAT DEAL AND HE NEVER WANTED IT....SO I DON'T THINK IT WAS HIS FOULT...
He still signed off the trade, and then kicked him out.

He still signed off the trade, and then kicked him out.
When you’ve been list manager for a week and the CEO says “get it done” what else is he supposed to do? I still think the packet of chips trade to get Hogan out of the club was an “I told you so” move by bell, despite the massive pay increase Hogan was set to get in that next year.

Bell doesn’t get much credit for cleaning up Freo’s drug culture. . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of our main culprits have simply aged out of it by now

The others I'm assuming there is a don't ask don't tell policy in play

Unless you're not talking about the same players as I am

Lobb to west coast floated by Cleary 🤣
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Met Jesse a couple of times and he was very friendly.

Hard to have any ill will against him, it was our fault for bring him in at a huge cost without thinking it through

I do.

On the human level, I get it. He had some issues.
Do these issues instantly disappear the minute he lands in Sydney? Like it’s some magical place where all your troubles are forgotten.
He could’ve had all the support he needed here
Is it too much to ask that he stays off the nose beers while here?

“Oh he couldn’t get away from the press while he was here!? Poor Jesse”

Ever see Andrew Brayshaw or Hayden Young have trouble with the press in Perth?
Pav was our biggest star for 16 years. Any trouble with the press?
No, because they don’t run around acting like clowns.

So ****ing frustrated. He should be there with Amiss now.

We've been over this 100 times and the convolutions some people want to go to let Bell off the hook..

Bell did not 'have' to complete the deal. Irrespective of how much of it was driven by Rosich as acting list manager, he was not committed*.

As footy manager the list manager reported to him and he in turn does not report to the CEO but directly to the board. Rosich couldn't order him to do anything even with his CEO hat on.

*He might have felt morally obliged but that's different.

I have actually have some respect for what Bell achieved in making some difficult choices. The mini rebuild on top of the rebuild was the correct decision. The war with Colin Young was the correct decision in hindsight (even if it resulted in mutual individual destruction). The club is much stronger long term because of these even if the opposite happened short term.

On balance though he wasn't particularly good at his job and the trade in and out of Hogan is a good example.

On a slightly different tangent, I stumbled upon this last night (too late to post as I was just off to bed...). I don't watch oodles of footy-related media stuff like the Front Bar, so hadn't seen this before - I really loved the 'Crowley era'. It's nice to hear Gary pay him some respect and I love the whole Good Cop/Bad Cop thing! :tearsofjoy: Ryan Crowley making trolling an artform on the football field:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back