Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

End can come pretty quick in the 30s though, especially for someone that relies on speed a fair bit.

True true. But he is the current legs in the Saints side. Would slot straight into Freo's team. IMO

P.S your comment.. End can come pretty quick in the 30s made me kinda depressed :straining: I have another 20 years on top of that number.

"Most important ability is availability" is one of the stupidest sayings in sports.

I mean, I've been available to play for Freo for 20 years but the phone's not rung once.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really? You've made yourself available by working hard and being in the elite top fraction of footy abilty, fit and ready to go week after week for 20 years and not contracted to any other club? Hard for me to believe but then I'm so stupid I believe that availabilty is the best ability. ;)

If Schultz continues to stink it up how funny would it be if we took Schultz back for a salary dump and get a 4th Rd pick for our trouble.
He is on track for another 30 goals, doing fine

It just looks bad because the pies are playing crap and means what they gave up is more than expected

Cerra copped a spray on Footy Classified for underperforming last night. Would never give back Amiss but interesting thought experiment to consider where Cez would fit into our current midfield.

Cerra copped a spray on Footy Classified for underperforming last night. Would never give back Amiss but interesting thought experiment to consider where Cez would fit into our current midfield.
Lining up right next to Will Brodie. :)

Nah, he's better than that, but it was too good a line for me to resist.

I had a similar thought on reading this headline:

What would our last few years (our midfield in particular) have looked like if Neale were still in the side? Would have won one (let alone both) of his Brownlows if he'd not jumped ship?

IMO going home was the worst-thing he could have done. Was projecting to be a great player here where he needed to look after himself. Looks like he got too comfortable going back home and has stagnated if not going backwards.

Did his GF complain?
Couldn't resist taking advantage of your grammar ;)

My serious response is Cerra has been out with injury and is probably building back to is best (which is very good).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word from people who seem to know is that Hogan had non-footy things going on that were a great reason to get out of Perth. Which would fit with the whole picture, so… believable IMO.

Sharp, Clarke and Brodie are all examples of guys who are legit AFL players and didn’t get chances at their first clubs… we’re not the only bunch it happens to!!
Clarke was very valued at Geelong. they were genuinely upset when he left. does anyone not remember the phone call drama?

Brodie wasn't much at Gold Coast, had one good year here, and is now verified as 'just doesn't have the danger element' needed to succeed at AFL level.

Sharp will go the same way.

I've seen this all before.

Who’s upset? It’s a discussion thread about former players. He was one I was surprised we let go as to my eye he had talent & he obviously has but, as you say needed a kick in the pants to realize it so happy days.

Menagola was another I didn’t understand, not because I thought he was good but he could outrun anyone & we never even auditioned him. Not once in 2 or 3 seasons when the team could have done with new blood.

Hogan too. I mean I get why & it’s obviously worked out for the best but at the time he was actually fit & we refused to play him. What a waste.

None of these things upset me, I’m just talking shit because that’s what I do here.

Hell I remember arguing the case for keeping Walters when plenty wanted him delisted when sent back to Swans. You win some you lose some. Plenty I got wrong too.
Letting Collins go was insane. he was serviceable at worst but he's proven to be genuinely very good while under the pump at the Suns. their back line is horseshit and he gets zero support and still does a proud job every week.

The Lyon era of persisting with Suban et al was effrontery. how we played such a stale, predictable midfield and gave guys like Tommy Sheridan a game while Michie, Menegola were there was offensive. they couldn't get a look in.

Hogan was a ****wit though and a disaster trade. everyone knew his issues: he really, really liked drugs. I saw him out in Melbourne all the time on the Fun Stuff smoking cigarettes and his behaviour in Fremantle was even worse. the only bloke I've seen to love rocking up at the Gog and behaving like a fool was McCarthy. they were complete fiends.

Clarke was very valued at Geelong. they were genuinely upset when he left. does anyone not remember the phone call drama?

Brodie wasn't much at Gold Coast, had one good year here, and is now verified as 'just doesn't have the danger element' needed to succeed at AFL level.

Sharp is a bit soft but he has a pretty good one wood with his running & discipline to hold shape plus he’s pretty good for a long goal which is mostly lacking in our team. I reckon he’s solid if unspectacular. When he gets the ball in space he’s not afraid to go for a run & take some yardage.

Sharp is a bit soft but he has a pretty good one wood with his running & discipline to hold shape plus he’s pretty good for a long goal which is mostly lacking in our team. I reckon he’s solid if unspectacular. When he gets the ball in space he’s not afraid to go for a run & take some yardage.
Sharp hasn't played many AFL games. With more experience will only get better. Runs all day and has a booming kick.

"Most important ability is availability" is one of the stupidest sayings in sports.

I mean, I've been available to play for Freo for 20 years but the phone's not rung once.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t give up now mate, I mean, look at Sam Collins for example - he’s in AA form, could be you next year !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I felt weird at the time and still do but if we are going to get beaten I couldn't feel better than being beaten by this guy. Go Meeky, you deserve it.

This is a great comment:
"It was the first time in my career that I'd been picked over someone else and not given a game due to an injury or to share the role with someone," Meek told AFL.com.au this week after one of the best games of his career in round 18.

"It was before round three and the first game I played this year. Mitchell called me early in the week and said, 'I'm putting your name in the middle of the whiteboard and then everyone else we're picking around'.

Sharp will be fine. Very few genuine wingers in the league that hold width and can run for as long as him. Could do with hardening up in the contest (what we miss most from Acres tbh), but his delivery and goal kicking are superior. Can be a weapon outside 50 therefore demands a man (unlike Henry when he was here). You're bang on about Clarke, Geelong were pissed to lose him.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back