Former Player: Daniel Cross

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I doubt Crossy will retire or be asked to retire at the end of the year.

I hope when he does retire, he ends up at EFC as our High-Performance Manager! :thumbsu:

I was going to "like" this until I realised you were a Bomber :eek: Crossy is a Doggy through and through, but the role you mention is absolutely perfect for him. An insanely manic trainer and worker!!!

I was going to "like" this until I realised you were a Bomber :eek: Crossy is a Doggy through and through, but the role you mention is absolutely perfect for him. An insanely manic trainer and worker!!!

Haha

This is his career path post career. He is qualified, and has had a very good mentor for the past couple of years.

I hope he gets his 200th, it will be a small reward and acknowledgment for all of his hard work.

It will be interesting though to see if they want to edge players like Cross and Gia into the reserves and use them as depth players and push the kids in. You wouldn't imagine them being cut with a year to go on the contract. One or both of them could retire. I think Gilbee is stamped and Hargrave might be getting a tap on the shoulder too, although I think he's got another year as well! :rolleyes:

Crossy has been my favorite player since Chris Grant retired. On each of the occasions of my visits to training when I've been in Melbourne, Crossy has been amazingly friendly and certainly reinforced my love for the club. Last year at the last training I attended, he came over and said he was hoping I'd be there to say goodbye. I just hope that if I am able to be in Melbourne for the start of next season, that I'll be able to see him kicking for goal at training, long after the others have gone inside. I wish him a complete and speedy recovery.

Sincerely hope he isnt being pushed out, we saw whats happened with the Dees when they started shipping off club legends to get kids in. You dont sell your soul.
But worked when collingwood kept out the likes of fraser Lockyer ect they went on to win a premiership, the crows did it in 1996

As much as I love crossy, and felt bad for him yesterday, for this club to move forward, crossy needs to be gone.

It was my fault, I was sitting there with ALL my Dogs friends at the game (if I'd been introduced to them all I wouldn't have any trouble remembering their names because there were so few of us there!!) I checked the Record to see who Crossy would reach his 200th against. Counting my chickens before they hatched. Sorry Daniel. Cross needs to be kept on in a James McDonald type role. Also to the 2 Saints experts in front of me, I said that Wilkes was in trouble and should go. They thought I didn't have a clue. Lucky it was just his shoulder with that tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What were Macca's comments?
we were just saying that Macca was interviewed on TV on the boundary line at the game after Cross came off & the way he spoke about Cross was a little in the past tense - a couple of us thought it might have meant that would be the last we'd see of him (& not just for this year) - but most have eased my mind seeing as he's still got 1 year left on the contract.

Bad luck for the bloke.

A "salt of the earth" clubman.

He'll get another year and clock up his 200 games.

It really did make me sad when Crossy cried, a grown man and id rate him the toughest player in the AFL who loves his f****** club to bits. Its just a shame that with the way he plays nearly risking his life with some of the shit he does, he will never be there to win a grand final. But he will be back one way or another and every week will play with more heart than our whole team

2012 Review:

Games: 17
Goals: 2
Subsituted: r18 (off)
Dreamteam: 1553 points; $421,300 (-$59,800)
Supercoach: 1677 points; $460,200 (-$59,200)
Best and Fairest: 9th (59 votes)

Daniel Cross showed he had lost little of his trademark ball winning ability and courage in a bright start to 2012. Though rarely damaging, he was solid in marking (3rd at the Bulldogs), tackling and winning the contested ball, even as the team dropped away after the mid season break.

His season ended prematurely with a serious shoulder injury in round 18 against St.Kilda, raising questions about his playing future, but with a contract to the end of 2013, he will at least get the chance to reach the well deserved 200 game milestone. Cross was awarded the Scott West Most Courageous medal for the second year running, a fitting reward for his dedication to the team.

Next year is likely to be Cross's final season. Expect his game time to be reduced, as youngsters such as Wallis and Liberatore shoulder an increasing workload. However one thing will never change; the fantastic example he sets to his team mates :thumbsu:

Fantastic team man Crossy is.
Did his time in the vfl and has been good on return, the decision on his future is his to make and I'm sure as supporters we can all be happy with whatever he decides. I would cheer Crossy kicking goals against us, he's just that kind of player.

He's definitely earned that, Crossy. Hope he goes on as long as he can, they could definitely use him.

The club handled his departure so well. Proud of our supporters that clapped and cheered him in Round 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back