DSC00452_1%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Photo by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 3
Goals - 5
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10
Date of Birth - 15th May 1991
Recruited Pick 31 2009 draft.
Height/Weight: 177cm, 72kg
Dreamteam Price: 183 points; $97,600 (0)
Supercoach: 190 points; $110,200 (0)

Stats history: Jason Tutt (AFL Tables)

While Tutt had to wait until round 22 to make his AFL debut, it was seemingly worth the wait as he produced a magical fist game that every young player entering the system dreams of. 4 goals including 3 goals with his first 3 kicks and giving a couple more away was a dream start to an AFL career.

Leading up to his debut Tutt was playing consistently well at Williamstown off the wing and half forward flank and was a key member of the foxtel cup winning squad leaving some people to question as to why it took so long for he match committee to select him.

Tutt starting off earmarked as a half back flanker but like Howard seems more suited to playing a half forward/wing role. Like Howard, Tutt has the combination of good speed, good disposal and a big tank which could make a damging duo playing on he wings for the dogs in years to come.

His main aim for 2012 should be to cement a spot in 22 and to add some weight to be better able to compete as he is still fairly slight of frame.

Notable Games:

Round 22 - vs Port Adelaide: 26 posessions, 7 inside 50's, 4 goals and 2 goal assists in one of the best debut games in recent memory.

Tutt is about the same dimensions as me. I can do them, can probably do more*

*be ****ed if I even try it with a 10 kilo vest though.

It's such a pity that after a great start he was never able to reach the next level. Half of his 8 AFL goals were in his first game.
Is it just injuries or does he just not have the skills?

It's such a pity that after a great start he was never able to reach the next level. Half of his 8 AFL goals were in his first game.
Is it just injuries or does he just not have the skills?
He reportedly tests well for endurance and strength and the effort appears to be there. We also know that on his day he also has nice finishing skills. It just seems he has trouble getting the ball. When he's played recently he's been playing in the forward pocket. He is probably best suited to the midfield (I just don't think he knows how to get space as a forward). Hopefully he gets another go before year's end. I noticed him take the ball away cleanly in some stoppages early in the year and we know the upside is good. I think the potential is there.

He is probably best suited to the midfield (I just don't think he knows how to get space as a forward). Hopefully he gets another go before year's end. I noticed him take the ball away cleanly in some stoppages early in the year and we know the upside is good. I think the potential is there.
This is my issue - his endurance, pace and kicking are his strengths. If he gets a run in the midfield, we'd be playing him to his strengths. He isn;t a forward yet that is where he gets his senior opportunities.

When Jason Tutt bursts down the wing, Western Bulldogs Senior Coach Brendan McCartney sees all the attributes of a long term AFL player - but he is urging the 22-year-old to add a more tenacious edge.
Coach McCartney said the key to the pacey midfielder’s growth over the next twelve months will be finding an inner belief to finish off his hard work.
"He had a nice, progressive season this year. He's a young man who's so close to being a good AFL player that he doesn't even realise it,'' McCartney told The Canberra Times.
"He just needs that little bit of belief and tenacity to take that extra bounce, grit his teeth and take that shot at goal when he's in range. It's just believing in himself and it's all upsides. You can never be certain as a coach [if someone will make it] ... but he's got the attributes to make it.''
While Tutt has made steps towards winning his own ball and adding a more physical side to his game, McCartney is confident he can improve further.
"He needs some development in the contested side of the game and getting involved when it's his turn,'' McCartney said.
Despite just 19 games to his name so far, McCartney sees the Canberra product as part of the Bulldogs future plans and will allow him the necessary time to develop on his potential.
"You have to make list changes and there is a ruthless element, but [Tutt] is part of where we're going and we want to give him every opportunity.''

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-11-14/tutt-in-mccartneys-plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back