Forward Structure Without Fev ...

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueBoy83

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2004
Other Teams
CARLTON
I think it should go something like this ....

lappin whitnall kouta
Fisher deluca livo

Bring back rickey mott and let prenda and mott take the ruck and play deluca at CHF ... what does everyone think??? Any better set ups out there??

I want Livo to get a game up forward, where he was recruited for, see if he's still got any promise or whether he's **** and we offload him. Without playing him we'll never know.

Cheers

What about Setanta O'hAilpin ? Do you think he will be ready for the Sydney game ? If so i think it would be a perfect opportunity to play "Carlos" out of the goalsquare as a replacement Fev :cool:

Originally posted by Sideshow Fev
What about Setanta O'hAilpin ? Do you think he will be ready for the Sydney game ? If so i think it would be a perfect opportunity to play "Carlos" out of the goalsquare as a replacement Fev :cool:

he got injured b4 hawthorn game, thats 2 weeks this friday so prolly not .... they said a month i think.

Being a geelong supporter i dont really no much about your list, but wouldnt Morrel be the iption to down forward so you dont have to move deluca?

Originally posted by rizzo
Being a geelong supporter i dont really no much about your list, but wouldnt Morrel be the iption to down forward so you dont have to move deluca?

morell could be an option on hall tho .... thornton is too small.

i think someone out of the ordinary, ie whitnall and lappin combo out of square would be a better option.

ps: u must be loving the form ur mob are in at the moment!!:p

Originally posted by BlueBoy83

ps: u must be loving the form ur mob are in at the moment!!:p
I am but i havnt come here to gloat, just simply boraden my knowledge on the alf in general:p aslo can ne1 tell me who too look out for in the coming weeks / years talent wise?

in my mind Thornton has to take Hall, that's going to be his job for the next 10 years.

up front, i think Kouta will be at full forward, Prenda at half. Livo might be lucky and get a run.

Diggers i think will be left down back, Pagan seems to know we need a CHB and is clearly prepared to sacrafice short term results for long term positives. a good thing too.

Would also thing that Pagan would consider playing a foil or a tagger on Barry. They guy's been hot recently and needs to be taken out. i can forsee Livo up front, taking Barry out and criticised for having not input.

Originally posted by stokesy
Lance is now out...

Kouta and Fisher in the goal square.

Deluca CHF.

I think we have to play Lappin up forward!

agree and bring mott back so deluca doesn't have to do any rucking!!! sydney arent that strong in the ruck division so it should be a good hit out for him.

If you want to see Mott, go to the VFL because Mott will not play AFL this year unless absolutely necessary. My source tells me that he is on the outer and his attitude gives Pagan the sh*ts. It's obvious that he's just willing to work hard enough.

GAWN.

Alright...

Fevola and Whitnall are huge losses to our structure, as both of them were instrumental to our last three games. Mott does not seem up to it so Deluca MUST be in the ruck. Koutoufides will probably play FF, a strong marking option and he's not a bad kick either. He is still too unfit to play on the ball so FF will be prefect for him.

The hardest gap to fill is CHF. We might try Livingston and see whether or not he can get his confidence back or we could put another big body in there. Prendergast has improved his marking and since CHF is the hardest psotion to play (and where you need strength and endurance) then Prender might get the job. However, he is playing well as a ruck-rover where he helps out so I think he should be left there. Play to our strengths, and not our weaknessess. Norman could be an option - he is capable enough, ditto for Beasy (although he needs to prove something). Fisher is too scrawny for CHF, he will not stand a chance there.

If we can put Lappin up forward maybe we don't need a CHF - as evidence in 2001 where Whitnall was basically ineffective and missed four our five games. So really, it is up to the midfielders to kick some goals - an even contribution would be nice. Campo can do it as he's generally a good goalkicker with Stevens ans Scotland to chip in (as they have the best foot skills from anyone on our team IMO). But maybe instead of Lappin, Houlihan can go up forward? Certainly has the calss and talent to kick some nice goals.

Hmmm... maybe putting Mott in won't be such a bad decision after all. This will mean that Deluca and/or Prender can spend some time up forward. Mott can do nothing but tap it out and provide a physical presence so we don't get overwhelmed in the ruck for all I care.

ff: Fisher Kouta Lappin
hf: Prenda DeLuca Beasy

with Shauble and Saddington injured they are a little short down back. Morrell can start on O'Lloughlan, Thornton on Hall and Bowyer/Teague on Davis if he plays.

Like always it'll come down to how we go in the middle. Gotta give The Hoople (Mott) a run against his old club, failing that can belt other players, Mark Athorn style.

Bring back the designated hitman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why not go with 5 short people in the forward line.
1 tall at CHF and 5 runners at his feet front and square all day
lappin and fisher are quick but both good marks, possibly bring in kenna and rotate the onballers thru the fwd line.

we need someting from left field if fev can't get off the charge.

Originally posted by stokesy
Let's hope it rains!

I'm hoping it doesn't.

Someone suggested that you lot play five smalls.This would be playing to Sydney's strength imo.If we have anything, it is defensive backman(Mathews,Crouch,Bevan,Fixter)

If you do play Kouta at full-forward, I'm guessing LRT may get a game on him, though he is being molded as a CHB, but in my opinion is althetic enough and quite a good contested mark, Kouta would obviously beat him, but Schuable is rated as an outside chance of playing against you. If LRT isn't played on Kouta, James or Goodes will play on him, though losing Goodes to FB would be a waste imo)

Should be a good game, we were always going to win, without Fatty and Fev in, you don't stand a chance.(Don't mind me, I'm still dirty on your club for the suggestion Sydney get kicked out of the league)

Without Shag and Red the forward line certainly looks thin... how about Morrell back up forward?? Pagan is not known for THAT much lateral thinking.

On the topic of Mott... dont bother. His attitude and ability go hand in hand... potential is wasted through lack of application. He'll tap it out 30 times in a game but only hit his crumbers 5 times, and then he'll have a shot directly in front 15 out, only to shank it wide of the point post :rolleyes:

I am tipping Swans by 24... as long as we get through this week unscathed :confused:

Originally posted by Cheer Red Blood
I'm hoping it doesn't.

Someone suggested that you lot play five smalls.This would be playing to Sydney's strength imo.If we have anything, it is defensive backman(Mathews,Crouch,Bevan,Fixter)

If you do play Kouta at full-forward, I'm guessing LRT may get a game on him, though he is being molded as a CHB, but in my opinion is althetic enough and quite a good contested mark, Kouta would obviously beat him, but Schuable is rated as an outside chance of playing against you. If LRT isn't played on Kouta, James or Goodes will play on him, though losing Goodes to FB would be a waste imo)

Should be a good game, we were always going to win, without Fatty and Fev in, you don't stand a chance.(Don't mind me, I'm still dirty on your club for the suggestion Sydney get kicked out of the league)

personally i think we would have won had we had our full strength list ... but now who knows?? we'll have to wait (lol) and see!

Mark Athorn :rolleyes: ! Now theres a blast from the past. Would have had to been in the running for worst premiership players ever had we got up in '93.

As for the forward line I think we may aswell throw caution to the wind and go for a total revamp for two weeks.

HF: Fisher Waite Lappin
FF: Kenna Kouta Prendergast/Deluca (other in ruck)

Waitey will at least give a contest at CHF and he is an absoulte pyscho when the ball hits the ground! The two talls, Fisher, and Lappin can fly and Kenna can hopefully sneak a few goals Ronny De Ulio (sp?) style.

Originally posted by Cheer Red Blood
If my care factor is low, what is the point of bigfooty message boards? its all opinion after all.

Blueboy83 only wants to here your opinion if you want to let him know about your teams available bigman stocks. He is not impressed with ricky mott.

Originally posted by mike2j7
Blueboy83 only wants to here your opinion if you want to let him know about your teams available bigman stocks. He is not impressed with ricky mott.

theres no one at sydney id want ....

dont mind minson either... he could develop into a really good player for u guys!!!.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward Structure Without Fev ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back