Remove this Banner Ad

Yze_Magic

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 25, 2003
melbourne
Other Teams
McLean/Sylvia > Anyone
I could not believe what I saw at Subiaco yesterday in the Saints - Dockers game

aqfter Gehrig kicked a goal, he was congratulated by Aarom Hamill. Fraser saw that Hamill had something on his face
(maybe blood or dirt, I dunno) and he proceeded to lick his finger and wipe Hamills face for him!!!

me and my mates were in tears. A more gayer site I have never seen on a footy field

Did anyone else see it?

If it was blood, Hamill should get a weeks suspension.

Deliberate person to person blood contact - actually worse than Buckley's incident last year which was only skin to cloth - this is skin to skin.

And I'm not kidding on this.

Originally posted by hotpie

Deliberate person to person blood contact - actually worse than Buckley's incident last year which was only skin to cloth - this is skin to skin.

impossible to prove

It was champagne comedy! :D

I was expecting Gehrig to tell Hamill to tuck his shirt in, to "play fair" and to take his muddy boots off before going down to the changerooms.

Probably the wierdest thing I've ever seen on a footy field!!

At the replay (after wiping away my tears) it looked to me like he was wiping away some blood from a cut.... not 100% sure tho

Originally posted by iceman
At the replay (after wiping away my tears) it looked to me like he was wiping away some blood from a cut.... not 100% sure tho

If that is the case it should be referred to the tribunal. Buckley was accused of "cheating" by getting Ling sent off. Hamill has done the same by trying to keep Gehrig on the ground.

Not to mention deliberate flouting of the Health Issues of the rule.

If that is the case it should be referred to the tribunal. Buckley was accused of "cheating" by getting Ling sent off. Hamill has done the same by trying to keep Gehrig on the ground.

Not to mention deliberate flouting of the Health Issues of the rule.

If referred to the tribunal it would have to be a charge of 'pure stupidity' as opposed to the intent perceived in the Buckley incident.

The blood rule is there to try and avoid unknowing/accidental transfer of infection etc by blood.

Gherig in this case would have knowingly exposed himself to the blood of another player, as compared to the Buckley/Ling incident where Buckley knowingly exposed another player to his own blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley wiped blood from his face to an opposing players jumper, Gehrig on the other hand, licked his finger and wiped away something from Hamills face. If it was blood then thats another issue.

Originally posted by iceman
If it was blood then thats another issue.

Interesting though if it was blood. It shouldn't matter who the blood was wiped on - the motive for the action was exactly the same as Buckley's, only in reverse.

Originally posted by Danni

Gherig in this case would have knowingly exposed himself to the blood of another player, as compared to the Buckley/Ling incident where Buckley knowingly exposed another player to his own blood.

Buckley was partly penalised for "cheating" by causing Ling to be sent off. Hamill has (assuming its blood) done exactly the same - "cheating" by allowing his teammate to remain on the ground when he should be off the ground and treared by the medics.

Buckley was partly penalised for "cheating" by causing Ling to be sent off. Hamill has (assuming its blood) done exactly the same - "cheating" by allowing his teammate to remain on the ground when he should be off the ground and treared by the medics.

Hamill's cut to the face (if it was one) wouldve been extremely small if it could be wiped off with a finger and some spit. If you recall the Buckley incident, there was a significant amount of blood on his face which he transferred onto Ling

You can now stay on the ground if your bleeding and be treated,as long as the blood isn't flowing.

what are you all taliing about

gehrig , out of the kindness of his own heart, wiped whatever it was off Hamills face

How can you people be talking about this going to the tribunal? Weird

Originally posted by JUBJUB
You can now stay on the ground if your bleeding and be treated,as long as the blood isn't flowing.

Good point.

But treated by a teammate? With spit?

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
what are you all taliing about

gehrig , out of the kindness of his own heart, wiped whatever it was off Hamills face

How can you people be talking about this going to the tribunal? Weird

Gehrig was a bit too kind for my liking :D

And the argument isnt just about going to the tribunal, its about the possibility that it was a cut to the face and that Gehrig was wiping the blood off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fraser Gehrig's motherly instincts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back