Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy **** Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also has anyone commented on the incident when Tabs had marked on the wing and umpires brought it back because a free was paid, surely we were allowed to play on to advantage ( i think it was Cotteral in the first quarter got to play on when every one had stopped and kicked a goal)
There was also the mark not paid to Treacy on the half forward line, despite him taking it out front and controlling it to his chest (until he was collided into by a Carlton defender) with about 4 minutes to go.

It was a series of calls and non calls at the end there, that were at best borderline, but went Carlton's way.

I was always a huge supporter of getting Sharp to the club, but I’ve got to say that Aish has been brilliant and above my expectations so far this year at half back. Thats not to say I had very low expectations for him. I thought he would do well at half back, but his defensive and attacking qualities have surpassed my expectations

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aish is an extremely reliable and competent footballer who can play a number of positions very well.

Great hands, reads the play well and knows what to do with the ball when he gets it. Best 22 easily.

I think it was Schofield that said at such a crucial point of the game Moose should have been moved onto Curnow for the last 5 minutes.
Just watched the whole game and this 100%

Moose could have stayed on McKay but Ryan should have double teamed Curnow with Draper

Other than that I thought the umpiring was actually pretty decent the whole game

We definitely had our chances . We played better football all day
I’m pretty pleased with I saw TBH , we played great

Just watched the whole game and this 100%

Moose could have stayed on McKay but Ryan should have double teamed Curnow with Draper

Other than that I thought the umpiring was actually pretty decent the whole game

We definitely had our chances . We played better football all day
I’m pretty pleased with I saw TBH , we played great

A huge amount to be happy with given where everyone rated Carlton.

There was also the mark not paid to Treacy on the half forward line, despite him taking it out front and controlling it to his chest (until he was collided into by a Carlton defender) with about 4 minutes to go.

It was a series of calls and non calls at the end there, that were at best borderline, but went Carlton's way.
Another one that was confusing ( and always has been to me ) was the non advantage after Pearce got a free with about 3 minutes to go ?
Why was it called back ?

This is what the rules say

THE ADVANTAGE RULE

Where the field Umpire intends to or has signalled that they intend to award a Free Kick to a Player, the field Umpire may, instead of awarding the Free Kick, allow play to continue if a Player of the Team who receives the Free Kick has taken the advantage.

I think the arguments on whatever Clark said are irrelevant anyway. It’s piss weak to award a dissent free kick when you have pretty good evidence (every Freo player in the vicinity) it was probably touched. Just let it go, you have to be a knob to give a free in front of goals in that situation.

We could probably start to move on though haha

Four umpires just adds inconsistency regarding rules like insufficient attempt, judging whether a mark is held or not, dissent, etc. In the old days umpires that had a lot more experience would overrule those in control with less experience. Razor Ray is one that would do it in his latter years.
Razor Ray I gound frustrating early but as he progressed in his carer, he became one of my favourites. Did I really just say that😁😁 also found Brett Rosebury to be the best for a long time.

I think the arguments on whatever Clark said are irrelevant anyway. It’s piss weak to award a dissent free kick when you have pretty good evidence (every Freo player in the vicinity) it was probably touched. Just let it go, you have to be a knob to give a free in front of goals in that situation.

We could probably start to move on though haha
I’m sick of talking about it too but as we wade through the muck and more footage comes out I can see why Clarke was royally pissed .
He literally touched it himself ?
I would have been pissed off as well and probably would have vented . Most people would

I’m sick of talking about it too but as we wade through the muck and more footage comes out I can see why Clarke was royally pissed .
He literally touched it himself ?
I would have been pissed off as well and probably would have vented . Most people would
I agree, it’s a figjam and pathetic call from an umpire to call it unless he said something deeply personal which he clearly didn’t.

I agree, it’s a figjam and pathetic call from an umpire to call it unless he said something deeply personal which he clearly didn’t.
Agreed
Ruined an otherwise stellar game

Another take out I got from actually watching the whole game was that most of those Carlton supporters claiming it was a shit defensive game have NFI
That was a war of attrition, not the prettiest game to watch but a thriller all the same

Oh and that Carlton are definitely not as good as they think they are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The free kick stuff has overpowered that in the aftermath of that game. For all the media fapping over Carlton, they were shown up by Freo and aren't nearly as impressive as we are all supposed to believe.
Full strength squad with Cox and Darcy in we win that game easily , even if they had Walsh

Our boys wanted it bad and their pressure levels and connection were insane
The review footage of that game should be very inspiring for the coaching group ( and infuriating but let’s focus on the positives)

20 games to go and we only need to win 10 or 11 more to make the 8 ( is that right ? )

Very , very good chance to play finals if they keep up the consistency they’ve shown so far

Hats off JL 👍

If we're gonna let this slide, then ideally the AFL needs to be clear up exactly what is, and is not, dissent.... Because premiership points, and by extension the integrity of the competition (HA!!!!!!) are now clearly tied to the definition and application of this rule this year.

To summarize what I've read so far (apparently):

- one of the umpires claimed he didn't hear what was said

- another implied they got the general impression dissent was being shown, but couldn't reference any particular statement,

- Clarky says he was referencing himself with his comments

-- but the AFL is seemingly somehow now claiming 'that still counts', and that this particular application of the dissent rule is consistent with previous uses.

....I'm sorry, what???

Is the AFL saying that similar cases have happened? Where umpires have been offended by a players actions, but they weren't completely sure what was said, or whom it was directed at, but the umpires still allowed this to lead to a decision that turned the course of a game in the final seconds? If so which previous games exactly is this situation, and these rulings, consistent with?

Secondly, I take it that the AFL is perfectly okay with this situation happening again, as they are not planning any rule changes as a result, and they think the ruling is consistent with previous decisions.

So serious question: what recourse does a player have to object if they are offended by an umpire's actions?

Or better yet, what should Freo fans do with their offended feelings at the conduct of umpires? Or the rulings of the AFL?

Bugger drug testing the players... Let's start drug testing the administrators... sure as shit they're taking something illicit to have logic like that (Either drugs or bribes -- both of these fit perfectly).

If we're gonna let this slide, then ideally the AFL needs to be clear up exactly what is, and is not, dissent.... Because premiership points, and by extension the integrity of the competition (HA!!!!!!) are now clearly tied to the definition and application of this rule this year.

To summarize what I've read so far (apparently):

- one of the umpires claimed he didn't hear what was said

- another implied they got the general impression dissent was being shown, but couldn't reference any particular statement,

- Clarky says he was referencing himself with his comments

-- but the AFL is seemingly somehow now claiming 'that still counts', and that this particular application of the dissent rule is consistent with previous uses.

....I'm sorry, what???

Is the AFL saying that similar cases have happened? Where umpires have been offended by a players actions, but they weren't completely sure what was said, or whom it was directed at, but the umpires still allowed this to lead to a decision that turned the course of a game in the final seconds? If so which previous games exactly is this situation, and these rulings, consistent with?

Secondly, I take it that the AFL is perfectly okay with this situation happening again, as they are not planning any rule changes as a result, and they think the ruling is consistent with previous decisions.

So serious question: what recourse does a player have to object if they are offended by an umpire's actions?

Or better yet, what should Freo fans do with their offended feelings at the conduct of umpires? Or the rulings of the AFL?

Bugger drug testing the players... Let's start drug testing the administrators... sure as s**t they're taking something illicit to have logic like that (Either drugs or bribes -- both of these fit perfectly).
This is a similar situation when Lyon was coaching. You leave the door ajar and
the umps will find a way or put the whistle away.
We have to be better than the opposition in all aspects and that includes coaching.
The same sh.t happened to GWS last year, Lions in the GF.
The defence was epic, midfield had their moments, but the forward line needs more.
A goal kicking mid, small/medium forwards and we lift the goal output.
If you think this is not going to happen again, Blues are getting the Pies treatment.
Ross needed to find an extra 3-4 goals, we are in exactly the same position.
History is repeating itself, except our window is longer, will we learn from
previous mistakes?
If not get used to heartbreak and a loser mentality.

What is shit about falling for this, as I did, is that I dont follow TomBrowne7 or the real Tom Browne, I didnt see this trending or search for it but I received a notification in the app that it existed like Elon Musk was telling me about it himself. As mainstream media gets more and more fractured and untrustworthy we are being funnelled into the new media that is even more duplicitous and untrustworthy.

What is s**t about falling for this, as I did, is that I dont follow TomBrowne7 or the real Tom Browne, I didnt see this trending or search for it but I received a notification in the app that it existed like Elon Musk was telling me about it himself. As mainstream media gets more and more fractured and untrustworthy we are being funnelled into the new media that is even more duplicitous and untrustworthy.
It’s scary truth be told

Today I will make an effort to stop moping around and move on. We have a massive opportunity to consolidate our finals credentials against Port this week.
I have to mope around unfortunately, laid up with torn ankle ligaments atm 😔

Slinging shit back at Carlton supporters is keeping me occupied though 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back