Review Fremantle Contest Another Game In South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean that's obvious, but it doesn't change that he was dogshit today. I still don't understand his rationale for refusing to kick i50 and always handballing to the bloke with 5 guys around him.

Actually In the last quarter he should have handballed to Johnson who was free coming out of the centre but he chose to run with it and kicked a tumble punt into the forward line

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On a side note, I'd never hope for the Crows to win but I'm so glad they exposed Carlton today.

I don't want to go read their cesspool of a forum but I'm curious at what garbage is being conjured up there at the moment.

Actually In the last quarter he should have handballed to Johnson who was free coming out of the centre but he chose to run with it and kicked a tumble punt into the forward line

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Whichever way you put it, he was directly responsible for at least a handfull of turnovers in the middle.

And I'm not really blaming him. He's trained all pre season as a forward, and we know he gets outworked physically by the bigger rucks and gets gassed. We saw it last year the first time Darcy got injured. This is on the club for playing it too safe with Darcy, who really could have played this week by their own admission. They know Jackson can't handle these guys by himself and we saw him gassed last week, but they took the gamble and it didn't pay off.

We have an elite defence and a competitive midfield but the forward line is WAFL quality.
Inexperienced. Very inexperienced.

The future is there, but unfortunately with where the defence and midfield is at.. it has to hurry up and meet the same standards.

Hopefully next week it’s Jackson, Treacy, Amiss. All 20-23. All haven’t played 100 games all up.
Combined with Emmett who has only played 6 games. Add Frederick.

It’s bloody exciting. Just need a small forward.

Treacy had a breakout game. A game that puts him in with the upper echelon of forwards. Contested work. Pack marks. Goals. Field kicking. My gosh what a player he is becoming before our eyes. What a year to support this club!! PUMPED!

Helluva game with kicking the highest score out of both teams, plus back up ruck duties. Talls take time, that was huge for a 21 year old, well done Big Cohuna, you'll give opponents nightmares for months in years to come :thumbsu:

Whichever way you put it, he was directly responsible for at least a handfull of turnovers in the middle.

And I'm not really blaming him. He's trained all pre season as a forward, and we know he gets outworked physically by the bigger rucks and gets gassed. We saw it last year the first time Darcy got injured. This is on the club for playing it too safe with Darcy, who really could have played this week by their own admission. They know Jackson can't handle these guys by himself and we saw him gassed last week, but they took the gamble and it didn't pay off.
If Darcy was playing it safe..
Jackson isn’t a sole ruck. He’s practically like a tall version of Brayshaw.

Back to back gambles and it didn’t work.

Exactly! With Darcy in the team we win this game. Jackson gets worn down playing first ruck.

Yes we need to improve. And we are. And we will. We just played Carlton and Port away. Both teams that the bookies and most pundits had us losing to by 4+ goals. And we were in the game in the last minute of both!

We are on track for a bloody good season.

Treacy had a breakout game. A game that puts him in with the upper echelon of forwards. Contested work. Pack marks. Goals. Field kicking. My gosh what a player he is becoming before our eyes. What a year to support this club!! PUMPED!
Stuff the marks.
The contest in a 2v1 against Ratuoglea, dives at the ball, keeps running after it and allows JOM to tackle in the end. That’s huge.

Just wish he plays FF permanently. **** the second ruck. He needs to grow as a one position player.

If Darcy was playing it safe..
Jackson isn’t a sole ruck. He’s practically like a tall version of Brayshaw.

Back to back gambles and it didn’t work.
They aren't gambles when there is no alternative. I'd argue it did work, Carlton and Port are no mug teams.
We lose these games because of a very young and inexperienced forward line playing their butts off but we are 1-2 skilled players short in that front half.

On a side note, I'd never hope for the Crows to win but I'm so glad they exposed Carlton today.

I don't want to go read their cesspool of a forum but I'm curious at what garbage is being conjured up there at the moment.
Pretty sure it will be some tripe about how they got robbed by that non touched call but aren’t going to whinge about it like Freo ( even though they are whinging about it )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure but it’s getting very dicey, we s**t on JOM a lot but clearly he gives more than Ras gave off the bench tonight
Walters or Switkowski as sub. Need impact
Players as sub

JOM amd Ras mare middle distance runners . Will grind. You down over the long run but won’t win a 100 or 200 metre sprint .
I dont have stats to back that up.

Commentators already playing down the Butters hit. campaigners. Should get weeks for that.
Two Weeks Cheers GIF by South Park

Walters or Switkowski as sub. Need impact
Players as sub

JOM amd Ras mare middle distance runners . Will grind. You down over the long run but won’t win a 100 or 200 metre sprint .
I dont have stats to back that up.
If Simpson handnt been so interrupted for a month I’m sure he’d be in and be perfect. Keeps getting hit in games or missing for something minor

Would’ve been fine with him over JOM.
Opposition teams will just target Jackson knowing he struggles as the game goes on as sole ruck. Surely Jl has seen it before
Saw it last season, that sea fly what happened after a couple of games .first two games without Darcy , the media talk was why do we need tie rucks. Then next two games faded and lost impact.

Same again this season.

But we would have won with Darcy in both games and we are so close that the small things stand out.

Tabs has been a great servant of the club and given where he was drafted, he’s made the most of his career - but it’s time. Sadly, Darcy plays this week, we absolutely win that game. Not blaming Tabs for the loss, but I do feel he’s a factor as to why our tall forward synergy is all out of sorts. Jackson being forced to be first ruck is also another. It also sucks that our crumbers also don’t know how to finish.

On the evil AFL - we know where we stand with those guys, we’re an afterthought club whose sole purpose is to make up the numbers for their broadcasting deal and to keep west coast from being too strong. We’ll never be love children in the same way the Big 4 are. As for this year, we are demonstrating we can match it with more fancied opponents, but there is no way the AFL house will reward us with the rub of the green when we are playing a “less attractive defensive slog” (i.e. Roly Ball from 2012-15). More goals equals more ads, so we’re not good for the AFL game. So we need to capitalise on our dominance and put the result well out of doubt, or risk that a decision here or there can really tip the balance of whether we bring home the 4 points or not.

And, Jesus, can they please do more training on “win the game, hold the game” scenarios when things are close in the last 4 minutes? I don’t know if it’s the lack of experience or just a lack of game plan that just makes everyone seem to shit the bed and one bad decision after another is made that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. There’s a reason why high stakes situations are practiced in simulation is every industry (see resuscitations in emergency, for example) to try to take too much thinking out of things and allow people to revert to what they’ve trained for.

Sell the farm to get a classy small forward who can cover Sonny and maybe start feeding DeLean steak equivalent to his body weight to bring him on. 😵‍💫

If Simpson handnt been so interrupted for a month I’m sure he’d be in and be perfect. Keeps getting hit in games or missing for something minor

Our Kid development or our kids aren’t coming on as well as other teams. Johnson unless he pulls his finger out will be back at Peel in no time and Erasmus is in and out and as yet hasn’t showed his potential. I’m getting concerned that we may have a bust with these two because there’s nothing to show otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I thought we had an opportunity to win the game. Banfield really has to own those moments; kicking it out of bounds twice is not premiership standard footy.

Matt Taberner is done. With Darcy back, he should only play if a blackhole swallows the entire team.

Otherwise, I thought the team took a step forward. There's a lot more improvement required, but it is starting to click for some players.

Port have had a gifted run of it with the lack of travel, but we shall see how they go when they finally leave home.

Inexperienced. Very inexperienced.

The future is there, but unfortunately with where the defence and midfield is at.. it has to hurry up and meet the same standards.

Hopefully next week it’s Jackson, Treacy, Amiss. All 20-23. All haven’t played 100 games all up.
Combined with Emmett who has only played 6 games. Add Frederick.

It’s bloody exciting. Just need a small forward.
Yes Amiss and Treacy need time, but aside from Walters who is close to retirement, I don’t rate any of the other players who were playing up forward tonight. We need an injection of class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back