Game Day Fremantle vs Sydney on a Friday night in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
******* frustrating. They aren't better than us but we are making it so damn easy for them.

Time to abandon the handball game. It isn't working and they keep running themselves into trouble.
Don't abandon it now. It works when there's not much pressure. We'll probably kick goals in the 2nd half when everyone gets tired.

Against Sydney in the first half when everyone is up and about? It's a ****ing mental strategy. We're getting slaughtered because of too much ****ing around with it.

It would be fine if the 'players' would stop trying to take the tackle on and take the first option instead.

The htb on Emmett was so ****ing frustrating. He had a simple handpass option but instead chose to take the tackle on.

I think we can't judge how they will end up, following what happened today

this was one we were likely to lose

There wasn't much time for players to digest and grieve what happened - it's hard enough for the supporters, let alone his friends/team members

the feelings of guilt and remorse following the death of a loved one is intense, and most of these players are kids

Some of us need to be a bit more realistic and gentle. Even opposition supporters on the main board were more supportive and felt sorry for our players having to be out there after today.
I remember that brief moment we were a no excuses club. Those were the days.

It's honestly embarrassing the way that we are playing tonight, we look rattled out there and as if we have zero clue how to play.

I really don’t know how much this point needs to be emphasised.

We can lose but also play well enough to bring home that we’ll achieve success one day. These games are absolute hope sapping. When’s the last time we had a functioning forward line? How much longer do we need to wait? When are we going to get out of this defence first mindset that’s held us back for 12 years?
I feel like when we fk the starts like we did tonight that it snowballs quick and all turns to custard. We cant turn it around and teams capitalise.
Would be a different story if we werent so shite in front of goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is just my opinion. Instead of clutching your pearls you can share your take on the game and I would be happy to discuss.
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

It must be soo frustrating to watch the forward 50 work. Butchering easy goals & imo the frustration has led to easy turnovers. I don't think you guys are playing badly, just one of those nights inside 50. I wouldn't be surprised if you get on a run in the 2nd half. There's a some very good signs from your team.

All we needed to do was sink a few of those goals in the first quarter and it’s a totally different game - now here we are
[/QUOTE]
Well what we’re missing is class in the fwd line unfortunately he’s sub he wouldn’t of missed that mark and i’m pretty sure his accuracy is a lot better than what’s on display tonight.

The worst part is we just continue to prove opposition supporters right. We are a dour team that is going nowhere.
Nah - who cares what other supporters say. It is attacking handball footy that is getting us unstuck at the moment. Not dour chippy chip footy. Sydney are a team ahead of us in age and development.

I am still all in on the decade of dominance.

The lack of finishing in front of goal has been brutal, there's been a few i50 errors but we've got it in there ok.

They're bouncing out too easy of our F50 but the worst part has been the 1 on 1s or complete out the back they've got in their F50.
Smashing us with their turnover game and run.

Anyone blaming the umpires is just sucking the copium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back