Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

As a new Dogs fan (fell out of love with the game almost ten years ago and have a mate who is a Dogs fan. Went to the game v Hawks and the Dogs just felt like coming home to me, so here we are 🤷‍♀️) it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

It used to be that when you had the public backing of the president, we would all laugh and say that was your death knell.

I haven’t been following at all to know the ins and outs of it but Bevo’s role does seem tenuous at best right now, and I feel like anything is possible (in terms of a potential standing down or sacking) going forward

I think there are two scenarios for how this plays out:

1. We continue with our current erratic form and miss the finals again (unfortunately this is the most likely scenario). In this scenario, the options regarding our footy department are:
a. Replace Bevo with the best available external coach (my preferred option under this scenario)
b. Keep Bevo but hire a new head of footy to ensure the footy department is a top quartile outfit in terms of accountability, structure, expertise, etc (an acceptable outcome).
c. The status quo (unacceptable).

2. Against the odds we turn things around and make finals, a la Carlton last year (by far my preferred scenario!). In this scenario, I believe it is unlikely Bevo will go. Therefore it will be either the status quo (most likely) or a new head of footy (my dream outcome).

Conclusion: it is simplistic to frame this as either an anti-Bevo or pro-Bevo argument. It is rather what realistically gives the club the best chance for success over the next 5 years (BTW I am excited about the next 5 years provided the club goes about things the right way).

As a new Dogs fan (fell out of love with the game almost ten years ago and have a mate who is a Dogs fan. Went to the game v Hawks and the Dogs just felt like coming home to me, so here we are 🤷‍♀️) it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

It used to be that when you had the public backing of the president, we would all laugh and say that was your death knell.

I haven’t been following at all to know the ins and outs of it but Bevo’s role does seem tenuous at best right now, and I feel like anything is possible (in terms of a potential standing down or sacking) going forward

Welcome on board!

Back in the Eighties, I fell out of love with the game (former Tiger supporter as a kid). At that time we bought our first home down the road from the Western Oval. When the entire community rallied to save the club I fell in love with the Doggies. It has been a great ride since.

As a new Dogs fan (fell out of love with the game almost ten years ago and have a mate who is a Dogs fan. Went to the game v Hawks and the Dogs just felt like coming home to me, so here we are ) it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Welcome to the club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back