Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love David Hail. That is a better pick up than Stewart Dew IMO.

I know the players have been discontent with the midfield coaching.

Hawks mids were humming this year. Hale would be great as a mids coach.

Lade was lauded by English (and someone else?) at the CSM for his ruck and mid tutelage, was it only Bevo who pointed out Webb's work though?

We're players discontented with Lade or Webb, or both?

And he has a sophisticated understanding of the game.
Yes, he has. I had no issue with the statement he made - particularly given who it was directed at. We constantly have a dig at how poor the media is - then when Bevo implies this, every second post is about his "sophisticated" statement.You cant have it both ways.

Wasn't a change mooted for him? Maybe he goes to opposition analysis/ruck coach and moves away from line coaching completely?
That'd be cool!

I did hear from someone senior in the club that we were hoping to invest in a opposition analysis and strategy role. I wasnt sure if it would be an assistant per se or some dude in the back of the coaches box without any credit.

Lade was lauded by English (and someone else?) at the CSM for his ruck and mid tutelage, was it only Bevo who pointed out Webb's work though?

Were players discontented with Lade or Webb, or both?
I didn’t get specific names, but I would assume Webb at a minimum. I was told that senior players were running midfield drills as the line coaching was inept.

Losing hansen and king were big losses. I believe the players are still behind bevo tho.

Looks like the dogs are going to start pumping some sponsorship cash into the grass roots clubs in the west. I hear Jamarra is going to be doing some skills work at Albion.Makes sense, the next Andrew Taylor could be down there.

Good. Should be more of it. The West is ours, so get in there and get the next generation of kids following our club. We then have kids wanting to come to our club, like Coffield.

Little things matter. Back in the early 90s I had a footy clinic at school and it was all Geelong players and I was at the age of being easily influenced by those sort of things and was almost swayed to the Cats. So, flood the schools, the junior footy clubs and make sure they all become Dogs supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s obviously going to be some changes through the ranks which is good but looking increasingly likely Spangher will be taking the forwards again which is just hard to stomach. How have we not been able to find someone with a flipping touch of experience in 3 years. It’s such an important line for us with a huge amount of our young talent based up there and we’re treating them like mugs.

Just not acceptable to be this un-professional in the development we’re giving our young forwards under a guy whose pretty clearly got no idea

There’s obviously going to be some changes through the ranks which is good but looking increasingly likely Spangher will be taking the forwards again which is just hard to stomach. How have we not been able to find someone with a *ing touch of experience in 3 years. It’s such an important line for us with a huge amount of our young talent based up there and we’re treating them like mugs.

Just not acceptable to be this un-professional in the development we’re giving our young forwards under a guy whose pretty clearly got no idea

Just throwing it out there but the forward coach for the Grand Finalists in the VFL knew his way around the forward line (Nick Daffy).

Last edited:
everything i hear about the relationships at the club and the love the players have towards coaches, coupled with the wafl program and burkes words over the last fortnight im starting to believe that we need to really quickly get rid of everyone above bevo asap.

where is mangement to set standards?
how can you be unfit at this level?
how can near enough be good enough?
now i know that wafl is different to afl but bad practices in one area of an organisation tend to reflect the organisation as a whole.
the year we won the afl we also won the vfl and if im not wrong the proto-wafl
good practices across the board

Good. Should be more of it. The West is ours, so get in there and get the next generation of kids following our club. We then have kids wanting to come to our club, like Coffield.

Little things matter. Back in the early 90s I had a footy clinic at school and it was all Geelong players and I was at the age of being easily influenced by those sort of things and was almost swayed to the Cats. So, flood the schools, the junior footy clubs and make sure they all become Dogs supporters.

Yep, i'd also be targeting the greater geelong area, so many from western suburbs have moved there so need to ensure we are visible to their kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back