kouta6

Senior List
Apr 10, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red sox,patriots,celtics
after watching the game again on fox sports, it is clear that we are too 1 dimensional. i think with a swithcing of some areas, we can become very potent. Also look at the spine
this team is just from people we have to choose from who are uninjured
B:armfield,jamison,O'Halpin
HB: scotland,thronton,gibbs
C:,carrazzo,stevens,simpson
HF:fisher,waite,russell
F:eddie,fevola,kreuzer
R:cloke,judd,murphy
INT:hampson,wiggins,browne,bentick
what do you guys think of the fwd line?

after watching the game again on fox sports, it is clear that we are too 1 dimensional. i think with a swithcing of some areas, we can become very potent. Also look at the spine
B:armfeild,jamison,O'Halpin
HF:fisher,waite,russel
F:eddie,fevola,kruzer

Good spelling you uneducated idiot

We need Waite in defence this match i'd think.

Kreuz, Fish, Eddie, Fev and Russell are in the right spots though definitely.
Gibbs will go to Thomas, Waite will go to Cloke, Thornton to Didak, Jammo to Medhurst, Armfield to Leon?
Who got dropped for Jammo, Kouta6?

Thornton hasn't been used as a KP back for quite a while, they seem to prefer playing him on a smaller forward. When Jamo, Setanta and Bower all play we might be able to use Waite up forward. If we play Fev, Waite and Kreuzer up forward I would prefer Pfeiffer, Browne or even Wiggins on the forward flank instead of Fisher. Fisher has been pretty disappointing this year, and is not very good once the ball hits the deck.

Thornton hasn't been used as a KP back for quite a while, they seem to prefer playing him on a smaller forward. When Jamo, Setanta and Bower all play we might be able to use Waite up forward. If we play Fev, Waite and Kreuzer up forward I would prefer Pfeiffer, Browne or even Wiggins on the forward flank instead of Fisher. Fisher has been pretty disappointing this year, and is not very good once the ball hits the deck.
I think he has taken a step back from his form last year.
He still would be handy as a 3rd or 4th tall.

I think he has taken a step back from his form last year.
He still would be handy as a 3rd or 4th tall.

If he can regain his form from last year then yes he is a good 3rd option. Problem is this year he has been our 2nd option, and is not doing enough to be no.2. Don't think we can play 4 marking players up forward, makes us too top heavy.

At the moment I would say Kreuzer, as we can't expect him to play ruck all season, and Cloke has the mature body better suited to the ruck. But Cloke has shown he can take a grab up forward also.

B:armfield,jamison,O'Halpin
HF:fisher,waite,russell
F:eddie,fevola,kreuzer
Swap Caraazo and Armfield around and get Waite back to defense with Fisher going to CHF and Gibbs to HFF.

Another option is Fisher to bench, Cloke to CHF, Hampson or Kreuzer to ruck, If Kreuzer rucks then Fisher to FP and if Hampson rucks play Kreuzer deep Cloke at CHF with Fev the leading option.

We need Waite in defence this match i'd think.

Kreuz, Fish, Eddie, Fev and Russell are in the right spots though definitely.
Gibbs will go to Thomas, Waite will go to Cloke, Thornton to Didak, Jammo to Medhurst, Armfield to Leon?
Who got dropped for Jammo, Kouta6?

Looks like Grigga is missing from the team that beat Port on the weekend.

Not sure that I agree with that after the job he did on Heath Shaw in round 4.

Kreuz play deep and that will provide another option. I think if we open the fwd line up for kruez and fev to play out of the goal square and have our smaller fwds to be front and centre players but i like the idea of leaving space for kruez and fev to work together.

Looks like Grigga is missing from the team that beat Port on the weekend.

Not sure that I agree with that after the job he did on Heath Shaw in round 4.
Yeh i think i would drop wiggins who is a but unlucky after a good game but he has had his chance. Time for some kids to get a go!

If we can leave Kruezer up forward permitting Clokey stays uninjured (touch wood!) along with Fev, Fish and bring in Jake Edwards we could have a tall forward line with many goal kicking targets.

I hope Darren Pfieffer and Jake Edwards can get up and get a game this week since they were the clear standouts in the bullants game from the weekend.

In: Jamison, Edwards, Pfieffer, Bannister
Out: Russell

B: Thornton, Jamison, O'hAilpin
HB: Scotland, Waite, Gibbs
C: Simpson, Murphy, Carrazzo
HF: Hampson, Kruezer, Fisher
F: Edwards, Fevola, Betts

Foll: Cloke, Judd, Stevens

Int: Pfieffer, Grigg, Wiggins, Bannister, Browne, Armfield, Bentick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreuz play deep and that will provide another option. I think if we open the fwd line up for kruez and fev to play out of the goal square and have our smaller fwds to be front and centre players but i like the idea of leaving space for kruez and fev to work together.
what match-up do you think Kreuzer deep forward might get against the pies this week?

If we can leave Kruezer up forward permitting Clokey stays uninjured (touch wood!) along with Fev, Fish and bring in Jake Edwards we could have a tall forward line with many goal kicking targets.

I hope Darren Pfieffer and Jake Edwards can get up and get a game this week since they were the clear standouts in the bullants game from the weekend.

In: Jamison, Edwards, Pfieffer, Bannister
Out: Russell

B: Thornton, Jamison, O'hAilpin
HB: Scotland, Waite, Gibbs
C: Simpson, Murphy, Carrazzo
HF: Hampson, Kruezer, Fisher
F: Edwards, Fevola, Betts

Foll: Cloke, Judd, Stevens

Int: Pfieffer, Grigg, Wiggins, Bannister, Browne, Armfield, Bentick

You cant drop Russell after his game on the weekend.

Not too sure but could there defenders cope with his height?

On another point i dont think he has the build to play a chf role yet.
Yeah i agree his height will cause problems which is why i ask the ? because i couldnt think of a match up for him, I think he could play CHF as he is more agile then you think and has great hands at ground level also to dish out to runners etc.

This week might depend on Fraser as i think he is a good around the ground match up for him.

Yeah i agree his height will cause problems which is why i ask the ? because i couldnt think of a match up for him, I think he could play CHF as he is more agile then you think and has great hands at ground level also to dish out to runners etc.

This week might depend on Fraser as i think he is a good around the ground match up for him.

Yea he is alot quicker than people anticipate, id prefer him to be a leading target inside the fifty. We also need another target that will make a contest and bring the ball to ground if he cant take the grab.

I also think that eddie betts plays very well when he works up the ground and provides a target.

Yeah i'd love to see Kreuzer playing forward pocket again aswell as pushing another tall forward, this would at least stop them double teaming Fevola.

Perhaps push Waite forward at moments now that Jammison might play to stretch Collingwood and open up the forwardline.

F: Betts Fevola Kreuzer
FF: Fisher Waite/Cloke Armfield

might work well at times.

Yeah i'd love to see Kreuzer playing forward pocket again aswell as pushing another tall forward, this would at least stop them double teaming Fevola.

Perhaps push Waite forward at moments now that Jammison might play to stretch Collingwood and open up the forwardline.

F: Betts Fevola Kreuzer
FF: Fisher Waite/Cloke Armfield

might work well at times.
Yeah i would love to see them hit Fev on the lead if there is no double teaming or zoning off but have the vision, awareness and decision making ability to kick to Kreuzer at the top of the square when Fev has led up and drawn extra attention.

Thats better then fev standing in the goal square trying to pack mark, as he has the ability to turn his defender around and float in from the side or score from a crumbing opportunity too.

fev is probably the best leading/mark player, infact i cant think of anyone thats even close to put in at no.2, so you really dont want to mess around with him leading out of the square.
ideally, wha wed want is this:
kruezer starting out of the square with him but staying back when fev leads and an open forward line. (or leading in another direction)
with eddie starting on/near the 50 line somewhere and running back towards goal, grating fev much more space to play with. when fev is up hed give any defender in the 50 a bath (possibly with bubbles)

however this requires quick kicks into the fw50 and no dicking around with the ball on the b50 otherwise you get flooded

i would love to see waite playing CHF against the pies but his (mostly) clean hands down back are probably too important

Fev needs to be 30m out leading to say 45-55m out with the big Kreuze in behind him. Fev kicks the ball a mile, let him loose further up the ground. Kreuze can be the long option. Look at Richmond since they moved Richo, being too one dimensional hurts sides and Richmond have benefitted through variety. Get Fev up the ground around the 50 because he nails them from out there anyway and there is nobody in Collingwood's side to go with Kreuze in the square.

Remove this Banner Ad

fwd line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back