Game of the Year - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty self explanatory.

What was the best game of footy not involving your club in 2024?

For mine it would be hard to go past the Port vs Hawthorn semi final. No team ever really had control and it was anyone's guess who would win until the siren went.

Honourable mention to the Anzac day draw.

The Geelong v Bris game was the best I attended all year, I think it really allowed some players to show their skills and it had some momentum swings as well which is always a good ingredient of a good game.

Carlton's loss to Adelaide, followed by win over GWS the next week were pretty exciting.

North v Collingwood - high scoring, big comeback, North showed a bit that day though.

Essendon v Adelaide at Docklands

Essendon v Freo at the G

The ones that come to mind for me:

Essendon v Adelaide R19
Carlton v St Kilda R24
GWS v Brisbane SF
Brisbane v Geelong PF

One of the worst this season was the St Kilda v Richmond game in Gather Round. I think it was at Norwood. Truly dire football.

The Port Geelong game where Port got out to a massive lead but Geelong came back in the second half to just fall short was pretty good.

As a TV viewer probably felt the same. I like the slow burn comeback games where a team races out to a big lead and it’s a bit of a race against the clock with the other team pegging them back a bit at a time, and moreover the deserved result was there in the end

Hard to choose between Geelong vs Brisbane PF and GWS Vs Brisbane SF. I'll go with Geelong vs Brisbane PF because it was a prelim in front of 90K+

Sydney vs GWS QF to round out the top 3.

As for home and away, it's between Essendon vs Collingwood draw and Sydney vs Fremantle at the SCG. I'll go with Sydney vs Fremantle because it had a winner.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game of the Year - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back