Gameday - Suns VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at it this way. Essendon are undefeated & whipped Carlton & GC were ahead of them at 3/4 time.
They are better tan we are giving them credit for. At least our lot kept in it & found a way to win.

We're running out games well which is a major positive, but maybe because it usually takes us at least a half to wake up :eek:

Wasnt a great game. We have alot of blokes out of form. But we got the points. GC just arent that bad. If we win when we are out of form, gotta look forward to when it swings back.

Absolute respect for GC for playing like that with those injuries.

I mean, Bock in the first quarter? Imagine if that happened to us.

Hill has been our driving force this year. When he plays well so do we... and he was gone by the first quarter too.

Not that I'm taking away anything from GC's effort.

Where was Hill? Talk up for two weeks => 5 disposal game...

I assume you weren't watching the game. See above.

At least we don't have to worry about Jon Griffin being chased by most clubs needing a ruckman at the end of this year.

He was a lot better than last week I thought.

Pretty harsh to judge ruckmen on a game or two, more than any other position they seem to need an extended run to settle into their roll.

Unfortunately for Griffin he'll never have that luxury with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bank the 4 points and move on.

We played like crap and still got the win, good teams manage to do that...or we are extremely lucky.

They won't stay with us as the game goes on though.

Having said that I still think we'll win.

Never in doubt, you bunch of chicken littles. ;)

On a more serious note Freo owes me a new couch after I cracked the arm rest today after a particularly frustrating piece of play. Does anyone have Judge Judy's email address?

Rather fall over the line than give GC their first win. Considering we have some players out of form, some key players out with injury and a shit forward line... I'll take the win.

PS. If I was Silvagni, Id be pissed if I didnt get a game next week. Dawson out, to be put on notice, we cant have the same passengers in the team every week.

But are we out of form ?
That was about how we've been all year; neither good nor bad.
Just bloody ordinary.

And yet we're 4-2 with our only two losses being narrow margins to 2 of the 3 form teams of the comp. Not so bad considering.

And GC are a bit better than people give them credit for I think. They're going to knock a few teams off at home this year.

He was a lot better than last week I thought.

Pretty harsh to judge ruckmen on a game or two, more than any other position they seem to need an extended run to settle into their roll.

Unfortunately for Griffin he'll never have that luxury with us.

He did not win one tap. That young ruckman of GC creamed him.

That's how it should be if you get beaten so easy.
What about when he caught the ball from a boundary throw in deep in our forward pocket in time on and got tackled . Immediate free, it should have been to Gold Coast .
Just absolute luck for Freo it wasn't paid.

Horrid game, just horrid.

4 points.

Move on

Can't agree with this. If we all sit back and say we got the points and ignore the trash served up out there then we will be sitting back all too often this year regretting games lost that we should have won.

Playing like that, Freo will not the 8 and will be lucky to avoid bottom 4. Ours skills were appalling, as they have been in most games this year, and its past time this was addressed and somebody held accountable. While we are at it, somebody should be held accountable for our non-existent forward line.

Cant win games when you kick up and unders to contested positions and ignore kicking to leads. Of course, it would help if we had people in the forward line but not under our gameplan apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday - Suns VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back