Gameday - Suns VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Well even a day after this game, I'm still stunned at the way this game played out.

I'm baffled as to how the hell we won when we played like a bunch of softies for the vast majority of the game.

We played shit and still got the 4 points but to be almost embarrassed by a bunch of kids is frankly troubling.

The Freo of old couldn't put teams away and while this Freo team fights to the end and wins, guess what? We still can't put away teams that we bloody well should.

That said, Gold Coast were daring and exciting to watch today. They were everything that Freo haven't been since Round 1.

He hasn't when playing one on one. He's only competent when playing as a free man.. we can't keep affording to do that. The best teams have players who can do the Johnson role, but also effectively take out the oppositions players as a defender.. see Hurn, Scarlett, Enright etc.

Watch the game. Johnson won a bunch of one on one or pack contests. Common commentator remark: "Johnson, too good." "Johnson, the party pooper." They like would have liked him not to win the contest, but he did, over and again. I remember one awful clanger, that terrible pass to Pav inside 50 that Pav at the time could only assume was picking out another player (not thin air), but Johnson is very far from being dropped and not due to favouratism or injuries but rather form.

I'd go as far to say Johnson's resurgence is one of the big success stories of Lyon's tenure so far.

But then I judge players on form, not preconceived notions.

He hasn't when playing one on one. He's only competent when playing as a free man.. we can't keep affording to do that. The best teams have players who can do the Johnson role, but also effectively take out the oppositions players as a defender.. see Hurn, Scarlett, Enright etc.

Lol jesus mate it was clear as day to anyone watching the game that Johnson did well in contested situations.

Realy bad call.

Here's the last 5 minutes if anyone else is keen

Once again, our "never say die" attitude prevails and we finish strongly - we have won 5/6 of our last quarters this season. We have also won 5/6 third quarters - contrasting on that we have won just 1 and 2 first and second quarters respectively. Need to start better Freo!

[youtube]vj504KXtdY4[/youtube]

I wish I'd been high on codeine yesterday, maybe my couch would still be in one piece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy actually lifted in situation like that, really took the game on and mature mind helped. What annoys me was that there was a free at 8.03 (well not a free, still ducking) but what annoys me, how is that different from the crap eagles dished up this afternoon? Frustrating. Anyway, the mcphee forward option wont be repeated anytime soon, no effect on the game as opposed to mcpharlap being up there. Roberton found it hard to get into the game, maybe just the step up from WAFL to AFL level.. Hopefully we get sandi back next week, lifts us to a higher level, plus Hill is good to go as well.

I'd go as far to say Johnson's resurgence is one of the big success stories of Lyon's tenure so far.

But then I judge players on form, not preconceived notions.

Also 3rd at the club in 1%'s behind Dawson and McPharlin which is pretty good considering he's been predominantly a loose man, lot's of key spoils. Also had to lol at brades saying all his kicks were turnovers, preconceptions indeed esti :rolleyes:

Also when Barlow regains touch look out, after being sub in his first two games he's still equal first in possessions (1st in contested possessions), 1st in clearances, 5th in tackles and 3rd in I50's at the club. Every week as he gains further confidence in his leg he'll be better, still knows how to find it which is important.

And what's with them having their runners wear orange when their team is in all red? Cheating ***** are using them to give the appearance of blocking up space. We should put in an official complaint to the AFL after the game.

They just mentioned this on Footy Classified.

Once again my heavy hitting media clout shines the torch of justice on the evildoers.

Could anyone hear the Freo chants on TV? My voice is stuffed after last night, even though the way the game was played there was not much to get inspired and cheer about. :(

I thought you might struggle to hear us as we were sitting at the open end part and Metricon doesn't have the same acoustics as Etihad.

I have to admit that although the stadium looks all shiny and new it has a few drawbacks, biggest gripe for me was no big screen at the other end of the ground. In the Cheersquad you have to turn 180 to watch replays and as your so low to the ground at this stadium you can't tell what's happening in the opposite 50.

Gday Seppo. Yeah, we heard the Ole chant at one stage. Remember to give credit to my wife and me when that one takes off :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday - Suns VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back