Gameday - Suns VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at the few hysterics claiming we'll be lucky to avoid the bottom 4, 3 teams still don't have a win yet and Richmond and Port have only won 1 each so far. The hyperbole is reaching dizzying heights.

We should beat Port next week, even if we scrape through. It'll be a major positive if we're 5-2 after playing nowhere near our best so far.

[/I]
He did not win one tap. That young ruckman of GC creamed him.

That's how it should be if you get beaten so easy.
What about when he caught the ball from a boundary throw in deep in our forward pocket in time on and got tackled . Immediate free, it should have been to Gold Coast .
Just absolute luck for Freo it wasn't paid.

Assuming you're talking about Griff, he had 31 hitouts, Clarke had 13.

Combined, Smith and Dixon had 32.

I thought Griff was average last week and again this week, but to say he didn't win any taps is ludicrous!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/fts_match_statistics?mid=5391&sby=7#t2

Hitouts:

Griffin: 31
Clarke: 13

Smith: 20
Dixon: 12

Griff took a ripper mark that set up Hill's goal in the first, and he is at least an actual ruckman to fill in for Sandi, but he's really only that - a fill-in while the 'real' ruckman is injured. He'll do - but geez I won't be sad when he goes back to East Freo when Sandi is ready (next week, please next week)...

Lol at the few hysterics claiming we'll be lucky to avoid the bottom 4, 3 teams still don't have a win yet and Richmond and Port have only won 1 each so far. The hyperbole is reaching dizzying heights.

We should beat Port next week, even if we scrape through. It'll be a major positive if we're 5-2 after playing nowhere near our best so far.

The meltdowns are getting tiresome hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The meltdowns are getting tiresome hey.

I think some people love the attention they get from making shitty doomsday predictions. Another full game into Barlow and Mundy is good too, hopefully Hill being subbed out was purely a precautionary move.

Also reckon Spurr looked good when he came on, looks composed and makes the right decisions.

Cant blame Griffin for taps not going to our players.

Any time he did tap it straight to 1 of our players, they were half asleep and would fumble it.
Noone was going in hard for the ball and was constantly getting beaten to it by opponents.
They wanted the ball more, we just showed up.

Still pissed off about the players performance.
I had hoped Harvey could get those performances out of this team, he couldnt.
I thought Lyon could also, due to being so strict and clear on what he expected from all players.
Looks like he cant do it either.

Our board have shown to be ruthless and determined.
Our players are still lazy and happy to just do enough.

Can't agree with this. If we all sit back and say we got the points and ignore the trash served up out there then we will be sitting back all too often this year regretting games lost that we should have won.

Playing like that, Freo will not the 8 and will be lucky to avoid bottom 4. Ours skills were appalling, as they have been in most games this year, and its past time this was addressed and somebody held accountable. While we are at it, somebody should be held accountable for our non-existent forward line.

Cant win games when you kick up and unders to contested positions and ignore kicking to leads. Of course, it would help if we had people in the forward line but not under our gameplan apparently.

There are enough posters on here to debate the finer points, I just cbf going through it all and am not ignoring the trash served up out there. Not at all happy with the way we played and I think we were VERY lucky to get the 4 points.
Hope that clears that up for you :)

I think some people love the attention they get from making shitty doomsday predictions. Another full game into Barlow and Mundy is good too, hopefully Hill being subbed out was purely a precautionary move.

Also reckon Spurr looked good when he came on, looks composed and makes the right decisions.

Disagree with tuis. Its more frustration at the repeated failure to address obvious deficiencies in the way we play and the total lack of any improvement.

barlow and Mundy may have gotten another game but Barlow was a passenger today and Mundy was pretty poor early. Did a couple of nice things but nowhere near where I expected him to be.

Hopefully Hill will pull up ok for next week but much will depend on how bad the 'corky' was and how quick he recovers. He is an essential player for us, in my view, as we look so much better when he's playing well.

Spurr did look composed and was a positive today. If Fyfe is on the LTI, I'd like to see us bring in Menegola as he would ad a lot to our half forward line. May prove to be a better pickup than Spurr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday - Suns VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back