Game Day Gather Round vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We budgeted for about $15k.

Ocean crossing was about $3k each for 14 days on a boat with about 300 passengers and 150 staff.
Plus flights etc etc
Alaskan Railroad from Anchorage to Seward (thats leaves at 6am lol) wasn't cheap.
We stayed in Ginza for about 4 nights, was too pricey but we didn't know any better, next time we won't stay there.
Anywhere on the green JR train line would be fine.

So yeh about $15k for about 4 weeks in pre-covid $AUD.

3k on the liner is a bargain, probably double that price today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I lasted longer than most. The moment I gave up was when Ken said "I wouldn't change a thing"

The most depressing comment ever.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that was certainly a moment :(

Imagine trying to fix things by repeating the mistakes you’ve already made. Faaarken ell.

—-

OK let’s try just kicking for goal a little straighter tonight. That one improvement alone should be enough to ensure we put this bloody mob away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that did it for me was losing all those crunch games at Adelaide Oval during the Hinkley/ Koch tenure. It got to the stage where I thought, what the *, why should I care when the people who are running the show don't appear to give a stuff?

I can remember early in Hinkley's tenure when we referred to the Adelaide Oval as the 'Portress', and with good reason but from around 2016 onward we lost our mojo and lost too many important games on our home ground.
I still want to see Port win of course I do but I am just not as passionate as I once was. I would like to see a return to the old days with people who have supported Port Adelaide all their lives in charge but that will not happen. The corporate nature of the AFL means that we will continue to appoint 'blow ins' to run the Club both on and off the field. These blow ins will continue to lecture us about Port Adelaide tradition while at the same time flying in the face of that very tradition as they did in 2019 when they appointed Co Captains.

Back to tonight's game will we win? I hope so but under Hinkley there is always that element of doubt as during Hinkley's tenure this is just the sort of game we lose.

GO PORT.
Yep the Adelaide Oval brings back a lot of very bad memories

Let me guess, it says:

Gather round is nifty
Welcome to our joint
We'll win the inside 50
And score another point

Inside 50's are kinda scary
Let's all gather round
We really need King Carey
But he's nowhere to be found

We're stuck with one-armed Charlie