GCFC Player Sponsors

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jack Darling
this is something we did last year with moderate success (about as successful as you can be with about 10 regulars). Now that we have a bunch of supporters and a full list, we can each pick a player who we can nominate on the bottom of our signature, and the person who has that player (be it a rookie or listed player) can update the board on how that player is travelling etc. We can have a draft in which we pick a player each and we will let you know when that draft shall take place.

I think for the sake of putting favourtism out the window, Coastbhoy and myself can have a top 10 pick. ;)

Consideration will be given to those who had players last year keeping those players, but you will have to remind me who had who. I had Jack Stanley last year, but Im keen for a fresh start.

The draft order will take place from the first person who nominates in this post and we will update the draft order reguarly.

NOTE: I think to be fair, the player sponsorship should be restricted to GC supporters, however we will reasses depending on how much support we get to this. Perhaps second team supporters can come into the draft in the second round, however if you want to nominate at this stage, feel free, and we will see if we can fit you in.

For no other reason, it is a time passer in the off season.

Draft Order

1. Trent1
2. The Sun God
3. exile
4. Thermonuclear
5. CoastBhoy
6. Stereophonic
7. Tazwegian
8. JR Swallow
9. Lifes a Beach
10. Swamp Creature
11. longytap
12. white_noise/SUNS
13. Lord Flasheart

Second Round --------------------------

27. UrLordLeper (Essendon)
28. PumpyChowdown (Carlton)
29. sausageroll (Essendon)
30. BlueinBlood (Carlton)
31. EaglesFlyingHigh (WCE)
32. Ozzieshark (Freo)

Sounds like something to help make the offseason pass a little quicker. Count me in :) Where do we pass on this info - on the young guns board? (if yes, can we change this name - keep getting flashes of Jon Bon Jovi singing that "going down in a blaze of glory" song :()

So this updating the board on how the player is going, does that require going to the open training sessions? As of now I don't have a way to get to them.

Kinda new to this player sponsorship stuff. :eek:

I'd also like to be involved in the player draft. I am Tasmanian so I cannot go to training sessions, but I am a keen supporter of Tassie players in the AFL (there being four on the GC list), and will be watching whoever I choose very closely and following them in the media also.

I'm going to be a very avid follower of the Suns, though the EFC will be my number 1.
And that being the case, I will nominate.. Though at your descretion you can push me back in the order so that more Suns members/fans can have a go first - even to a later round if you desire. I will accept any decision you make regarding that.
Cheers! This will make watching the games much more fun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a call out to our GC supporters to get involved...

If you know anyone who is a GC supporter who hasnt got involved can you please PM them and let them know this thread is here.

Ill PM swamp creature. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

GCFC Player Sponsors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back