Review Geelong Bombs the Dons by 66 points

Remove this Banner Ad

That was fun

A really really solid performance from almost everyone.

Jezza the major concern with what looked like a rib injury of sorts... im sure the media will be sneaking into the hospital to find out the real deal.

A few regular inclusions were true to form... but some really exciting stuff from Parfitt, Holmes. Stengle, PFD and Tomma.
The back 6 looked decent while not starring - the MF certainly held their own and anytime you kick 20 odd goals the Forward speak for themselves

Nothing is won in March - but its a good start. And the game plan tweak has my stamp of approval thus far.

GO Catters

Last edited:

Good start hard to tell where we are at until we play better oppo but good to see us trying to move the ball quicker.

Stoppage setups better mids very good
Stengle gonna be a gun.
Higgins and dahl much better than i thought theyd be. Other senior players all good.
Holmes is progressing so so well.

Negatives are cameron injured and sav being poor and de koning being injured..we are thin for key defenders as it is and cant add another one until the mid season draft so while a 2 gamer isnt normally structurally important this one is.

Not sure how much we can read into that given the Dons were terrible but jeez it was fun laying the boot in. Youth all had their moments. Huge game from Parfitt. Can see why Dahlhaus was preferred to Evans, he had his moments but looked very much like a kid who had barely played football in eighteen months. Injuries a worry but hopefully give us a chance to see Stephens next week.

Let's be honest, none of us predicted that.
The whipping boys contributed, defensive pressure was super, ball movement and intent really impressive.

Some concerns with injuries but really good start to the season, a potential 50/50 game coming in and it ends a smashing

Holmes super I thought, Parfs best game for the club.. Stengle will be an absolute steal, Danger looked unbelievable early and Joel was really good as well.. Their management will be so important

We look fit. Ran in waves, overlap all game was super.
Blown away, good times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my vantage point in the Great Southern Stand, Dahlhaus had a Very Good game.

Change my mind?
Best in a long time. Long May it continue. But if it doesn’t, we still need to move on.

Parfitt with as many clearances as McGrath, Parish, Devon Smith and Merritt combined. Gun effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong Bombs the Dons by 66 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back