MRP / Trib. Geelong MRO & Tribunal decisions 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Day's 2 match failed at the tribunal, reckon someone sniffed something in the water...

Maybe but in this case ..... one has to read the sheet music.... and the afl are playing the song ..."stop the sling"
No ****ing good reading the music sheet if the tune being played by the tribunal is a different song depending on the audience,only my opinion of cause but the bloke with the cleanest record this week first time offender Rohan gets ****ed over here while we see serial offenders copping fines and walking free on a weekly basis,no piss poor we didn't fly the flag for this bloke only doing what the club is asking for from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, see you at the tribunal 👋

Doubt we challenge at the tribunal - a few teams have tried this season and not one rough conduct tackle has been downgraded

If there's any indication of the players head hitting the ground then you're not getting off

We'll accept it & move on

Doubt we challenge at the tribunal - a few teams have tried this season and not one rough conduct tackle has been downgraded

If there's any indication of the players head hitting the ground then you're not getting off

We'll accept it & move on

Scott was very clear in his presser that Dawson slipping was what contributed to the landing — based on Scott’s demeanour and language post-game I’d be staggered if we didn’t challenge.

Van Rooyen from the Dees suspended for two for trying to spoil the ball, yet players are gut punching off the ball every week with no suspensions handed out, the balance is seriously wrong at the moment.

Dawson threw himself to ground. Close did nothing wrong in the situation, hope we challenge.
If we don’t we will potentially have 8 current premiership players missing next Friday night - Rohan, Stanley, Stengle, Danger, Guthrie, DeKoning, Henry & Close.

Last edited:
Scott was very clear in his presser that Dawson slipping was what contributed to the landing — based on Scott’s demeanour and language post-game I’d be staggered if we didn’t challenge.

Van Rooyen from the Dees suspended for two for trying to spoil the ball, yet players are gut punching off the ball every week with no suspensions handed out, the balance is seriously wrong at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was Scott trying to get in front of things like he did with Duncan after our clash with the Swans

This will be seen as similar to the Ward/Neale tackle where many expressed an opinion that it was Neale who contributed to the way the tackle finished & his head hitting the ground, yet the MRO still put it on Ward and ultimately GWS accepted the 1-match suspension

I expect we do the same, even if it's believed Dawson slipping contributed - if Dawson's head hit the ground the high contact will stay, medium impact impact has been the minimum they've used in these types of tackles due to the "potential to cause damage" aspect of MRO/Tribunal regulations

It's only the careless aspect we could try to argue, but the AFL will return fire with Close being required to show a duty of care & they'll argue he was careless

Based on what's happened so far this year, I don't see how we win at the tribunal

It's complete nonsense and the MRP know it. I think if they want to get paid for telling lies they should get into politics or start writing for the Herald Sun. We must challenge.
Absolutely.

This one needs to be tested at the tribunal, no dump or sling there at all

Doesn't have to be - this is the tribunal guidelines:

3. Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackles) The application of a tackle may be considered Rough Conduct which is unreasonable in the circumstances. In determining whether the application of a tackle constitutes a Reportable Offence and whether the offence is Careless or Intentional, without limitation, regard may be had to the following factors, whether:
» The tackle consists of more than one action, regardless of whether the Player being tackled is in possession of the ball;
» The tackle is of an inherently dangerous kind, such as a spear tackle or a tackle where a Player is lifted off the ground;
» The Player being tackled is in a vulnerable position (e.g. arm(s) pinned) with little opportunity to protect himself;
» An opponent is slung, driven or rotated into the ground with excessive force.

The argument will be Close pinned the arms and Dawson had little opportunity to protect himself - I'd love for him to not have been reported & now for him to get off at the tribunal, but don't see how that happens based on all we've seen so far this season when teams have gone to the tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Geelong MRO & Tribunal decisions 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back