Geelong show the other teams how to do trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Overpaid for a RFA.

How so? What you fail to understand is that a trade with Adelaide guaranteed Geelong did not have to offer Dangerfield a Buddy-like salary package to blow Adelaide and any other teams out of contention. What Dangerfield is on at Geelong would easily have been matched by Adelaide, so the trade was a win-win.

Geelong have shown up teams like Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton how to conduct Trade week.
Pies took a while and paid a bit but got what they wanted.
Geelong paid a lot for a free agent and a first rounder for Henderson.
All they showed anyone is that trading for players is easy if you are prepared to over pay.

-Dangerfield fell right into their laps
-Henderson- Good solid player but even still paid overs
-S.Selwood and Zac Smith welcome to the VFL
They may elevate themselves into the 8 next year and push to win a final but that is about all.
Apparently a lot of movement during trade week=winning trade week.
Smith and Selwood both won't play much VFL. Selwood because he is actually a decent player and Smith because he has stuff all competition for a ruck spot.

If Geelong get Clark injury free and back to form I have no doubt they will not just be playing finals but being competitive in them

Blimey...even i cringed. I suspect the Dangerfield deal was worked out long before day 1 of the draft or at least they had some idea what Adelaide wanted.
Henderson will be a better player at Geelong, Selwood cost them nothing, but has to overcome a sever ankle injury. Smith might just be the "smokie".
They have ready made players with a lot of experience coming straight into the club, Scott is coaching for 2016.

Overpaid for a RFA.

Picked up a WAFL player, then picked up a VFL player and topped it off with a NEAFL player.

I could see Geelong shooting up to 9th next season, well done.

Got a top 5 player in the league.

Your 'WAFL player' played 3 games in the WAFL battling injury.

Your 'VFL player' played no games in the VFL.

The 'NEAFL player' played 3 less AFL games than Ceglar, your starting ruck next year.

Oh and the one bloke Hawthorn got as a back up ruck/forward played 13 games in the VFL for 6 goals and averaged 0 hitouts.

But I'm sure you already knew all that and you're just a little edgy as not all is looking as golden down at glenferrie....

jesus ****ing Christ....

I hope you're boys can live up to the hype that comes with being a premiership contender. would be an awful waste to miss the finals

The 'NEAFL player' played 3 less AFL games than Ceglar, your starting ruck next year.

Oh and the one bloke Hawthorn got as a back up ruck/forward played 13 games in the VFL for 6 goals and averaged 0 hitouts.

But I'm sure you already knew all that and you're just a little edgy as not all is looking as golden down at glenferrie....
Yes we are all a little edgy after a threepeat. I am sure you'll understand as you've been there..... oh wait....

2 top 10 picks, a young gun and second rounder for 2 free agents and wooden spooner Henderson while losing 5 or 6 of your best 15 players to pay for them. Great work.

Now compare that to Essendons hardline approach who got picks 5,16,24 and a premiership star for a couple of injury-ridden drug addicts with bad attitudes.

You're as bad as the OP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we are all a little edgy after a threepeat. I am sure you'll understand as you've been there..... oh wait....

I realise Hawthorn have won a threepeat, great effort by a great club. Which makes it more staggering why people such as yourself and 'maddawg' come into a thread about geelongs trade period and speak absolute rubbish rather than talk about what your own club has done rightly or wrongly over the past few weeks in a different thread.

Still doesnt detract from the fact the OP is a load of rubbish though.

Its freakin all our Christmases at once over here in Hawthorn land.

Thanks for confirming what I said about Selwood and Smith.

Its true Henderson didnt actually play VFL, because he quit when he was dropped, so i'll take that one too.

"Interim Carlton coach John Barker revealed on Thursday morning Henderson would have been dropped from the Blues team this weekend for poor form, regardless of telling the club of his decision to leave."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...491008700?sv=7cc55ce45a3360c93a0edc4035eced70

Oh and please stop insulting our 4th ruckman, it hurts.

SO salty.

About what?? I like Geelong they're cute, and have given me much joy over the years.

Please don't be a Geelong poster, please don't be a Geelong poster.

****!

627.gif

Carlton (who got bent over by every team in trade week) managed to get a first round pick for Henderson. The only win that the Blues had this fortnight is when they bent the Cats over and got way overs for him.

And yet ended up with 1, 8, 11, 19 after going in with pick 1, 20...

For 2 cracked-the-sads cases and 1 talented but unknown player. Got in some talented but unknown players ourselves. Yeah pretty happy with that.

2 top 10 picks, a young gun and second rounder for 2 free agents and wooden spooner Henderson while losing 5 or 6 of your best 15 players to pay for them. Great work.
Who are the 5 or 6 of our best 15 players we lost to pay for them ?

Now compare that to Essendons hardline approach who got picks 5,16,24 and a premiership star for a couple of injury-ridden drug addicts with bad attitudes.

Who did SFA in 2015

While I'm not going to delve into the stupidity of the OP. Menzel, Vardy, Smith, Clark are hardly by-words for reliability... Nor is Stanley, although I'll accept that big guys take longer to get the body ready for AFL and he has been better in the past few years...

Every club has its issues in this regard, we probably have 1 or 2 more than the average. For example, Bulldogs have Clay Smith, how will Libba return?, Easton Wood has been durable the last 2 years but was made of glass for several years prior. I'm pretty sure Morris has had some nasty injuries too. Hopefully our guys can turn things around ala Wood. We've certainly been patient with them.

-Dangerfield fell right into their laps
-Henderson- Good solid player but even still paid overs
-S.Selwood and Zac Smith welcome to the VFL
They may elevate themselves into the 8 next year and push to win a final but that is about all.
Apparently a lot of movement during trade week=winning trade week.
Gotta congratulate you Norf boys. You really excelled this week. We must follow your example in the future.:rolleyes:

You must of missed the 3peat, so golden!

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong show the other teams how to do trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back