Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

They do lack speed out of the middle that is for sure.

Danger isn't getting any quicker and they still rely on him heavily for speed out of congestion. Holmes moving into the middle is a big tick.

Baz will add that speed (depending on how well he's recovered from an ACL) but still think they are maybe one quality mid short, especially when Danger hangs up the boots.

I'd imagine that's a big part of why they don't want to give up future first in Smith deal.
Cats ITK's reckon they are up their eyeballs in it with a few star midfielders. Andy Brayshaw and Zak Butters were the two mentioned.

Yes. They can’t run out a game anymore and evidenced by the prelim. Clean out is now required at the club. Like seriously why tf is Danger going again.
FMD & LOL. You are such a drama queen and shit stirrer.

Cats hit the lead in the final quarter with about 2 minutes left.

Dangerfield showed in the second half of 2024 that he still has a lot to offer. Still has speed and an enviable ability to burst out of the middle. He copped a knee in the ribs in the PF which appeared to impact on his output.

Just because everyone wants out of Richmond doesn’t mean other clubs do the same. Seven players have already been delisted. As always the club is managing the team with quiet aplomb. No doubt another pick in the 60’s will turn out to be a gem...

you got outscored signficantly in the second half of the game. That’s called not being able to run out the game.

You were only able to hit the front because of the margin you built up in the first half of the game.

So what was the reason we came from 6 goals down to hit the lead against GWS in the second half when we played them, came from 51 points down against Port to get within 2 points in the last quarter, ran away from Essendon in the third quarter, ran over Fremantle on their home turf in the last quarter, overran Adelaide in the final term?

Just co-incidence?

No you’ve put the same amount of research into that as all your other posts.

With what draft capital are you trading with may I ask?

I'd imagine it would depend on the player but Brayshaw is heading to OOC status and Cats would most likely have two firsts ready to go so i'd suggest 2025 and 2026 First Round Picks.

Unless you don't feel like Geelong will be falling off a cliff? Which would contradict every post you've made in the last 12 months? ;)

I'd imagine it would depend on the player but Brayshaw is heading to OOC status and Cats would most likely have two firsts ready to go so i'd suggest 2025 and 2026 First Round Picks.

Unless you don't feel like Geelong will be falling off a cliff? Which would contradict every post you've made in the last 12 months? ;)

So you are going to use pretty much all your picks for the next 2-3 years to get 1 player. Nice I really hope you do that trade.

Eventually, all the people saying "Geelong is done, their era is over" will be right.

Problem is, they've already been saying it for a decade or more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back